Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Just an idea, but perhaps AOSK would consider designing a trunk floor support for the upper position. Several forum members have collapsed their trunk floor supports behind the seats due to overloading, resulting in costly repairs. A plastic center support could be designed for placement below the floor in the upper position to better distribute heavy loads. It could be removed to place the floor in the lower position. Optional storage could also be integrated into the product to avoid a complete waste of space.

Admittedly some owners could probably come up with something rudimentary using wood, or simply remember to lower the trunk floor before putting in heavy items. But perhaps others would rather purchase a custom solution. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
The only reason to use the upper position is to level the surface with the folded rear seats. I just leave mine in the lower position. Only once did I have a need to raise it.

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Some people leave the rear seats down all the time and leave the floor in the upper position to allow large items to slide in and out easily. If you have to haul something like a pair of 110 lb new toilets it would be useful if they didn’t fit in lower position.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I think that would possibly be a little tricky for what accessories they normally provide and potentially too much risk of people bashing them if it fails by trying to overload it. They'd have to rate it for a certain load limit, etc. and most people would probably not even pay attention to it.

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
Sorry, I just noticed this thread here. it's a great idea to post some product ideas in this section, so we could discuss them. thanks for this suggestion.
and I agree with @Neil4Real here, it's kinda hard for us to estimate whats the proper load for that area, besides this, if we make one, this product will be quite huge and expensive due to the shipping cost. the price might come to a point that owners would rather make a wood board on top of it.
Sponsored