Trunk opened on its own and hit the garage door... Come on Ford!!!

MachDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Grey, 2023 GT Vapor Blue
Country flag
Hi,
The second day I had my new toy, I deliberately set out to set the max height of the lift gate. I didn't pay attention and it hit a light fixture on the ceiling. It caused a significant 3/8 inch chip in the paint. I found a local body shop and the car is there now getting it fixed. It's too new; I can't stand to see it this way.

Jeff
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dafstang

Dafstang

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aimdesign.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium E AWD/ / 2017 Mercedes GLE-43
Occupation
Product designer
Country flag
My tailgate opened by itself twice. No reason.
As long as it does not hit anything.... My car is currently at the dealer for a diagnostic I will let you know if they find anything. I asked them to fix the scratch, not sure if they will. It is just annoying. It would be easier to accept if it was something I did, the fact that the car did it feels like it was avoidable.

OP
OP
Dafstang

Dafstang

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aimdesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Product designer
Country flag
Hi,
The second day I had my new toy, I deliberately set out to set the max height of the lift gate. I didn't pay attention and it hit a light fixture on the ceiling. It caused a significant 3/8 inch chip in the paint. I found a local body shop and the car is there now getting it fixed. It's too new; I can't stand to see it this way.

Jeff
Will they have to repaint the trunk? That is what my guy said.

MachDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Grey, 2023 GT Vapor Blue
Country flag
Will they have to repaint the trunk? That is what my guy said.
The plan is to paint the two small areas I f'ed up and then blend the clearcoat. I'll have the car back in 48 hours and I'll let you know the details..

OP
OP
Dafstang

Dafstang

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aimdesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Product designer
Country flag
The plan is to paint the two small areas I f'ed up and then blend the clearcoat. I'll have the car back in 48 hours and I'll let you know the details..
Yeah my guy saw dollar signs, I thought he would do what you are doing, he was going to remove the pony logo and repaint the whole trunk and wanted 1200 dollars, I told he was crazy the scratch is not that bad

jjwolf

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium 4X, M3, Yukon
Country flag
Since my handsfree hatch sensor appears to work about 5% of the time regardless of what I'm holding (fob, phone, both), and yours opened by itself, I'm guessing this feature is 100% garbage.

OP
OP
Dafstang

Dafstang

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aimdesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Product designer
Country flag
Since my handsfree hatch sensor appears to work about 5% of the time regardless of what I'm holding (fob, phone, both), and yours opened by itself, I'm guessing this feature is 100% garbage.
GOt the car back from the dealer yesterday. THey did say that there were a number of modules not communicating correctly (not sure what it all means). They did some updates according to them and since I got it back I do feel the car is more consistent. Meaning when I walk up it lights up everytime. Before it would do it sometimes or not at all. We will see over the next few days. They did fix the scratch, basically covered it with touch up paint but really well, if I did not show you were it is I am not sure you would find it. Anyway happy for now.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
You should have dealer check that. Mine works great.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Mine works great also after I learned to give a kicking motion (forward and back) and not a waving (side to side) motion with my foot.
yes, this - kick forward and back in the center of the car. it's not the most intuitive thing - side to side feels more natural to me.

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
Open the rear hatch all the way. Pull it down to the height you want it to stop at going up.
Hold the close button till a beep sound. Push the close button to close , open hatch, should
stop at desired spot. Worked for me, 2nd thing I did.

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
HAs any one figured a definitive cause for this? I have absolutely no clearance behind my car with the garage door closed. Right now I have the foot sensor and the power lifgate disabled. I can live without the foot sensor, but manually pulling up the lift gate is a PITA.

Should I turn off bluetooth on my phone inside the house as a precaution?

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
HAs any one figured a definitive cause for this? I have absolutely no clearance behind my car with the garage door closed. Right now I have the foot sensor and the power lifgate disabled. I can live without the foot sensor, but manually pulling up the lift gate is a PITA.

Should I turn off bluetooth on my phone inside the house as a precaution?
Just put some foam on the garage door as a precaution.

Krimpy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e EXT AWD Space White, 2016 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
Since you showed me yours I’ll show you mine. ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Trunk opened on its own and hit the garage door... Come on Ford!!! 76CD5EE7-5913-4F83-93F8-7074AC305B04
Sponsored