trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Tru's thoughts on the Mach-E from second driving experience 1612057490237

Where do we start. First of all, I would like to apologize for the license plate in the front for people whose state requires it. Ford needs a better way. The rivets into the front bumper, man it's not good. Need a better way.

We didn't drive the mache. We put it to the test. The roads were a little wet so we were able to really see what the mache would do.

So you all know the person who was with me was my nephew. He has owned a Model S and has a Model 3 now. So some fun parts coming up from him also.

1. Sound without a doubt the noise level is so much quieter in the mache compared to the model Y. Sometimes it's so quiet it kinda zones you out.

2. Sound system was awesome. You not going to be wanting more unless you're a bass freak. It does all you need and more. We tested it as loud as we could stand and even went through many channels on the satellite radio. We both said the sound is better than the tesla model s or x, But the model 3 sound system is just about as good.

3. The interior is great. Flat out he said it's way better than his tesla. Ford really did a great job with the dash and style in the doors. We do think the whole sit up with the sunglass holder should be smaller and bring the glass roof more closer to the front. Really no need to have all that above your head.

4. The seats as soon as he seat down he said yeah ok ok iI agree the seats are better than tesla model 3 and y. They could have a little more grab on the side and yes I do wish for aircon seats, but overall they were very comfortable.

5. The steering wheel feels great in the hand. It's very soft and has a great feeling when you really need to turn it in the corner or when backing it up and spinning it back to take off again. No loose grip or hard parts to make your hand sore on a long drive.

6. The center console. We both agreed it needs to be up about 6 inches more. It's almost too far back to rest your right arm on. Kinda feels a little too far back. There is some piano black on the steering wheel and around the charging pad for your phone. Hope ford will fix that also as the glossy part just leaves fingerprints.

7. The screen was great. We didn't have any lag going through any of the software. I wish the screen was edgeless. The volume button really didn't bother me but he didn't like it. I'm 6'1 and I did not have any problem with my knee hitting the screen. Had plenty of room.

8. You sit kinda up in it which is nice. You are not down to the ground like some people are worried about. I think you all will enjoy the ride height. Compared to the tesla model y you see more of the hood like driving a mustang as the model y you really don't see much of the front of the car.

9. Driving. o_O:eek::cool::p
Yes, we put it to the test. 50 mpg in turns and full speed ahead in the back roads. The car hugs the road and drives like a mustang. They really got it dialed up to have fun driving in. The first thing he said was this thing handles better than my model 3. We made the tires bark many times in the corners which a model 3 or y will not do. The Driving in the model Y compared to mache is not the same. Your see when you all are in it.

We got it up to a nice high speed and yes it was great. We tested 0 to 60 times many times and yes I have to say we never got 4.8 0 to 60. we hit 4.9 a few times. But with a different set of tires, We both think 4.8 can be made.

10. As for the tires they are fine and do a great job. But I will be replacing them with a great set of high-performance tires. When you get them up to a certain high speed there is a lot of noise for the tires. As far as the ride, bumps in the road. It's so smooth and you really don't feel anything. We went back and forth across the railroad tracked there about 10 times at different speeds and we were pleased with the traction and handling the mache had.

11.You will and are able to make the car talk in corners if you want. The balance of the drive is great. As far as the three different driving styles. Unbridled all the way. Really it was about the stiff turn of the steering wheel that we like most. It has a better way when you really get into the turn you can crank of it and feel the back end right at the point to give and take it right back. Very impressed with that.

12.Back seats plenty of room don't worry. I drive a Lincoln MKX and really it's not much different and plenty of room.

13. The frunk. It's not a big as wow look at this, but also it's big enough to hold what you need. The divider is a nice option if you like but also you can take it out so easily. I kinda wish ford would have a color option for all the black plastic in there or the hood underneath. Could really make it look great and stand out.

14. The cargo area. Plenty of room not massive but for what a normal day would be all the room that you need. I do not care for the little screen they have that covers the trunk area when it's closed. It's so cheaply made. It came off a couple of times and really it needs to be a better design.

15. Stopping, braking. Braking was great we both agreed it meet what we thought. We got to 50 mpg a couple of times and locked her down. Each time the performance was what you would ask for and for a vehicle that heavy that is nice. The regan is as close to the model y as you can get. It's very well blended and does not feel sluggish. Nice job ford. I will say though. If your not use to one-pedal driving you might make yourself or your passenger's car sick after a while lol. Takes some time to get used to.

16.Looks well we all have seen pics and videos. That is the main selling point. The mache has the curves and style the model Y does not. He also agreed the mache just looks better.

17. Charging. We charged it at the corvette museum. Did we get what ford says for charging? did we not? Yes and no. The peak to start never really took off But once we got to about 30% it balanced out and gave us what ford said. We charged 14% to 75% in 41 minutes.

18. My nephew again has a model 3 performance. Over and over he told me I just love the speed in my model 3 just I have to have that rush. Yes, he is 25 and younger not married so I get the point. I asked him honest answer what he thought. He said he would take the mache all day long over the model y not even close but not over his model 3.

Here is the shocker I told him about the mache gt performance and what the specs on it were. When all was said and done and we got back to the dealer. my nephew who is a tesla fanboy placed his reservation for a mache gt. He liked the way it drove that much. I was proud and happy and it was a good moment for me.

Overall it was a great time and can't wait until I have more. Come on Farley, I have sold how many mache? I don't even know anymore. Can I have mine Please? lol

Any questions you have feel free to ask. I would also like to thank hunt ford. They were great to deal with and if you need a ford. They have no markup.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Tru's thoughts on the Mach-E from second driving experience 1612057513369
Ford Mustang Mach-E Tru's thoughts on the Mach-E from second driving experience 1612057527761

Ford Mustang Mach-E Tru's thoughts on the Mach-E from second driving experience 1612057546509
Ford Mustang Mach-E Tru's thoughts on the Mach-E from second driving experience 1612057567607

Ford Mustang Mach-E Tru's thoughts on the Mach-E from second driving experience 1612057586993
Ford Mustang Mach-E Tru's thoughts on the Mach-E from second driving experience 1612057607666

Ford Mustang Mach-E Tru's thoughts on the Mach-E from second driving experience 1612057624919

Last edited:

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I would assume to get 4.8 seconds you will need a full warm battery and only one "thin-ish" person in the car. I'm a skinny runner, maybe I can get 4.7.

Congrats on being able to take a test drive.
What kind of run-flat tires did it have?

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would assume to get 4.8 seconds you will need a full warm battery and only one "thin-ish" person in the car. I'm a skinny runner, maybe I can get 4.7.

Congrats on being able to take a test drive.
What kind of run-flat tires did it have?
It had Michelin's on it but I think we took a few miles off the life of the tires lol.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Great review, thank you for writing about the driving dynamics in detail.

Were you able to get comfortable in terms of where your right arm was resting if your impression was that the center console was too far towards the back of the vehicle?

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Great review, thank you for writing about the driving dynamics in detail.

Were you able to get comfortable in terms of where your right arm was resting if your impression was that the center console was too far towards the back of the vehicle?
For me, I think it's too far back. Needs to be further up, Or let the seat go back more. Plenty of room with the seat position But sometimes I like to rest my arm there. Just felt like the armrest needs to be moved up some. Also when you go to look in the middle compartment you kinda feel it's moved back too far. Just my take on it.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Thanks for the great review, lines up with my expectations, happy about that. Rivets, not screws in the front bumper? Might make for cleaner removal, but I appreciate the apology (even if it is clearly no fault of yours.)

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
Really appreciate the time you took to write and post this summary - sounds like a "great ride." Good suggestion about the tires. Like your nephew, I have a GT reservation - don't really need the speed - but I like the look - the grill, etc. But would like to see one for real before submitting an order. We'll see... Also hoping that any bugs will get addressed before GT production starts. I ordered mine in 11/19 - so its been awhile, but no longer (so far) than many others on the forum. Glad you got to take such a long ride. A bit envious I be...

frstsgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EMU - Premium Rapid Red, RWD, ER and 2013 VW EOS
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Congratulations, have you checked to see if you can get multiple sets of golf clubs in the trunk?

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Looks like a great time was had by both of you. Hopefully mine arrives soon and I can sit in one for the first time :D

Seems like the only complaints are pretty easily addressed by updates down the line. The only hardware issue I'm fussed over is that frunk divider - I just wish it just rested in the frunk, no holes needed. Agreed the bezels on the display aren't exactly cutting edge, but they're not super egregious or anything.

The red is stunning.

Last edited:
Reactions: ARK
OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congratulations, have you checked to see if you can get multiple sets of golf clubs in the trunk?
seats down yes seats up I do not know sir. I didn't really check. The ford mache mats also are nice guys. Very heavy I was pleased with them. I'm very sorry guys I could have took some items and checks the space. I was so excited to drive it again. But hybrid can check that out for you all.

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Almost forgot. The people waiting to test drive it after us was a family of four. Nice man and woman. They had a 2012 tesla model s. One of the very first ones. We talked a little about it while they were cleaning it for them to take for a spin. His wife loves the way it looks, she was in love. He was a go-fast guy as he keep talking about the new tesla model plaid coming out but he wanted to see what the mache had to offer. The dealer also said 3/4 of everyone test driving it has been tesla owners.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
Thanks for sharing your experience with the MachE it's nice to read a everyday person perspective.