barryvo

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Passat and Jeep Cherokee
Country flag
We just picked ours from Ford Country last week and used X-Plan with absolutely no problem. And I'll add another positive endorsement for Kevin Clyde. He was very responsive and kept us updated every step of the way.

And for the record, Friendly Ford SUCKS!
Friendly Ford was good about the test drives but nothing else. Very cold and unresponsive.
Sponsored

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
Friendly Ford was good about the test drives but nothing else. Very cold and unresponsive.
I have purchased vehicles at 3 of the 4 dealers in Las Vegas, well over 10 special order vehicles.

Ford Country is fine, I got my last 3 vehicles there, and do all my service and recalls there. No complaints. And they have an on-site 50's sit-down diner, Mustang Sally's. Ate there last week, while they were doing my Edge recall.

Gaudin Ford would be my second choice. They have an on-line parts website with good prices, and no shipping if you pick it up.

Friendly Ford, as has been mentioned, sucks. I don't bother giving them a chance to deal, even though they are closest to me.

Team Ford-Lincoln would match any other deals, but they are twice as far as Ford Country. Nice facilities, but way out there for me.

OP
OP

barryvo

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have purchased vehicles at 3 of the 4 dealers in Las Vegas, well over 10 special order vehicles.

Ford Country is fine, I got my last 3 vehicles there, and do all my service and recalls there. No complaints. And they have an on-site 50's sit-down diner, Mustang Sally's. Ate there last week, while they were doing my Edge recall.

Gaudin Ford would be my second choice. They have an on-line parts website with good prices, and no shipping if you pick it up.

Friendly Ford, as has been mentioned, sucks. I don't bother giving them a chance to deal, even though they are closest to me.

Team Ford-Lincoln would match any other deals, but they are twice as far as Ford Country. Nice facilities, but way out there for me.
We wanted to go with Friendly or Team Ford but ended up with Ford Country based on recommendations here. They accept X Plan which helps on the document fees. I'm not telling the dealer but we have no trade (gift to niece), will purchase the protection plan online and will likely pay cash. I used to get screwed over by the finance office in my younger days. My number one car buying goal is to ensure they don't get anything over on me.

I will check out Gauden Ford online store.

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag

ATM_Guru

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mustang Cobra, 2007 Ford Freestyle
Occupation
ATM Deployer, free credit card processing
Country flag
We wanted to go with Friendly or Team Ford but ended up with Ford Country based on recommendations here. They accept X Plan which helps on the document fees. I'm not telling the dealer but we have no trade (gift to niece), will purchase the protection plan online and will likely pay cash. I used to get screwed over by the finance office in my younger days. My number one car buying goal is to ensure they don't get anything over on me.

I will check out Gauden Ford online store.
Yeah the $100 doc fee isn't that bad, although I still resent it. Seems like document fees should be considered a cost of doing business, but I digress.

While Kevin Clyde is very good, the finance office is the finance office just the same as any other stealership. The gentleman that we dealt with in the finance office was a very charming Texan. I believe his name was Ryan. He wanted to sell my wife and I on a Ford Premium Care ESP and GAP coverage from Old Republic. He went out of his way to share (likely false) anecdotes about how both products have saved him a ton of money in the past and how the Las Vegas heat could wreak havoc on the Mach-E electronics. While I can appreciate the need for both, the prices that he tried to offer were standard ridiculous dealership fare. Naturally he tried to roll them into the car payment. I asked how much would they be if I just wanted to purchase them in cash separate from the vehicle. He offered the GAP for like $900 and I wanna say that the ESP was a little over $4000, to which I had to chuckle to myself.

However, he did succeed in spooking my wife into worrying about something exorbitantly expensive going wrong with her car after the factory warranty is over. I had to ask him to leave for a few minutes while I explained to her that if we so desire we can get the ESP for far less online. When he returned, he did ask a few times, but after three stern "No, thank you" responses from me he dropped it and finished up the paperwork. To his credit he stayed friendly throughout and was never overbearing.

With you paying cash you'll likely have it even easier.

OP
OP

barryvo

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah the $100 doc fee isn't that bad, although I still resent it. Seems like document fees should be considered a cost of doing business, but I digress.

While Kevin Clyde is very good, the finance office is the finance office just the same as any other stealership. The gentleman that we dealt with in the finance office was a very charming Texan. I believe his name was Ryan. He wanted to sell my wife and I on a Ford Premium Care ESP and GAP coverage from Old Republic. He went out of his way to share (likely false) anecdotes about how both products have saved him a ton of money in the past and how the Las Vegas heat could wreak havoc on the Mach-E electronics. While I can appreciate the need for both, the prices that he tried to offer were standard ridiculous dealership fare. Naturally he tried to roll them into the car payment. I asked how much would they be if I just wanted to purchase them in cash separate from the vehicle. He offered the GAP for like $900 and I wanna say that the ESP was a little over $4000, to which I had to chuckle to myself.

However, he did succeed in spooking my wife into worrying about something exorbitantly expensive going wrong with her car after the factory warranty is over. I had to ask him to leave for a few minutes while I explained to her that if we so desire we can get the ESP for far less online. When he returned, he did ask a few times, but after three stern "No, thank you" responses from me he dropped it and finished up the paperwork. To his credit he stayed friendly throughout and was never overbearing.

With you paying cash you'll likely have it even easier.
I've watched a lot of the Homework Guy on YouTube and have been messed over in the past and have gotten better with finance recently. I'm going into it with the feeling there is nothing needed but the car. I can add my own tint, fabric projection and so on. The 8yr 100K warranty like thing is pretty inexpensive online if we decide to get it. I'm definitely prepared to be worked over. I will be nice but know what I need.

I agree all fees should be in the MSRP but am happy to have $100 doc fees as they are normally $499. I wish NV would cap them like many other states do.

The only thing I'd consider purchasing through the dealership is an extra key fob and I'd pay up $300 with programing. I know that is a little high but the alternatives take up a lot of my time and are a hassle. I don't mind paying a little more in this case.

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Got a call from my dealer (stgeorgeford.com) [Ken Garff] that they have an Infinite Blue CA Rt 1 on the lot. I got mine at MSRP and X-plan pricing. Ask for Curtis and mention that Frank mentioned it. Price on the website is $51,540. I did not check the price for ADM. I did not pay any ADM.

[Edit] I verified the price is the correct MSRP for a CA Rt 1 in infinite blue which is no longer available to order. If you price out a CA Rt 1 in Rapid Red (the same $400 upcharge) it is now listed at $51,900. There are also 2 listed for dealers in Las Vegas with the same price +/- $200.
Sponsored

Last edited: