theRealDevo

First Name
Deven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo XC60 T6; 57 Thunderbird
Country flag
Doing my best to stay positive that we will get a build date soon. Been rather disappointed so far with no visibility from my Dealer on when we could expect to see a build date and that is the most concerning. We placed our order 11 weeks ago on March 8th and I was expecting 22-24 weeks from order to delivery according to the ford website at the time. Makes it hard to believe we will have our car by September 1...and leave us trying to extend a lease for a bit on our current car. Puts us in line to have a stressful summer thinking about it. This has me rethinking my choice on placing a reservation on the F150 Lightning, at least both of these are refundable. I will cross my fingers for now....and hold the line
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Doing my best to stay positive that we will get a build date soon. Been rather disappointed so far with no visibility from my Dealer on when we could expect to see a build date and that is the most concerning. We placed our order 11 weeks ago on March 8th and I was expecting 22-24 weeks from order to delivery according to the ford website at the time. Makes it hard to believe we will have our car by September 1...and leave us trying to extend a lease for a bit on our current car. Puts us in line to have a stressful summer thinking about it. This has me rethinking my choice on placing a reservation on the F150 Lightning, at least both of these are refundable. I will cross my fingers for now....and hold the line
Your patience will be rewarded. If your current lease is with Ford, they will work with you to extend until the Mach E is delivered.

OP
OP
theRealDevo

theRealDevo

First Name
Deven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Your patience will be rewarded. If your current lease is with Ford, they will work with you to extend until the Mach E is delivered.
Thanks, it is not with Ford- but with Volvo, so on top of the waiting without clarity we also are looking forward to getting "screwed" when handing the Volvo back at the end of the lease.

These will be our first Ford Vehicles (modern), we have 57 Tbird, but haven't looked at owning a newer Ford vehicle till Jim Farley decided to turn that place around! I will continue to hold onto hope.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I get that it can be frustrating that you’re not getting information from your dealership. It is likely that they don’t have any info to give you. These being brand new vehicles, from a new plant, with new build processes, coming out of a global pandemic, with this chip shortage showing no end in sight, there’s just a lot going on that could skew any projected build/delivery date.

I get your frustration, and it seems wholly unfair that someone like me, who didn’t order a Mach-E already has one while there are currently orders on the books unfilled. But, this is a really good vehicle, and production delays actually give them time to fix the issues that have plagued the line for the past several months.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
We got a build date within a month of placing the order on April 7. However we know a guy that ordered back in February and his build date is only 2 weeks ahead of ours!

OP
OP
theRealDevo

theRealDevo

First Name
Deven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We got a build date within a month of placing the order on April 7. However we know a guy that ordered back in February and his build date is only 2 weeks ahead of ours!

Thats awesome and frustrating! haha its hopeful that a build date is just around the corner but we are only another few weeks from eclipsing 13 weeks since order without a build date and once we hit there, the chances have to be pretty low that we will see it arrive by the time we give the Volvo back.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
My wife and I waited patiently for 9 months for each of our children. But, we didn't have to turn in an old one when it's lease ran out, so I get it.

OP
OP
theRealDevo

theRealDevo

First Name
Deven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My wife and I waited patiently for 9 months for each of our children. But, we didn't have to turn in an old one when it's lease ran out, so I get it.
If kids were just a lease.....I get the joke and I have seen you post it a few times around. I get that my concern comes off as impatient. But, I hope you understand that its not impatience but rather the growing concern that we will be without a vehicle for some time while we wait for the MachE. Or we will have to make the decision to go with another car. Either way, it seems to me that we are the customer Ford is looking to attract and would be important to hit the mark with the timing or provide the customer with updates along the way so they stay in touch with that customer(maybe Ford depends on the dealer for that?) Either way time will tell I suppose.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Our first daughter took almost 10 months and then my Wife had to have a C section to deliver!
New section on the forum: Mach E's via C-Section.

@kWhpony

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired technology professional
Country flag
Thats awesome and frustrating! haha its hopeful that a build date is just around the corner but we are only another few weeks from eclipsing 13 weeks since order without a build date and once we hit there, the chances have to be pretty low that we will see it arrive by the time we give the Volvo back.
We experienced good timing with our MME delivery date and only needed to extend our Lincoln lease by 1 month. Check with Volvo about how to extend so you're not inconvenienced if that fits into your plans.

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My build date came 12 weeks after order. Some waited much longer, a few much less. “Why the difference?”, is one of the great mysteries of life. Don’t blame the salesman. ?Ford? keeps them in the dark too.

SeattleMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I’ve been waiting since February 27th, still no build date. The struggle is real!

Orangefirefish

First Name
SY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
New section on the forum: Mach E's via C-Section.
Haha easy one for me, both! Of course two years later that Mach E will raise your blood pressure a lot less.

source: Five hours into eight hour Mach E Road trip with post nap 3yo yelling “I can’t do this any more!!”the rest of the way.

Jordan H

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Extended Range AWD
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I'm in about the same position. Placed my order March 10, crickets since, and have a Kia lease up in September. Out of curiosity, what'd you order? I'm wondering if it's particular packages or batteries that are delayed longer than others. I'm waiting on a premium AWD extended battery.
Sponsored