Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
this appears to formalize the fixes we already knew about, partially because of people like @ChasingCoral and @eponyinIL going through all the early pain they went through. good it's formally acknowledged I guess, sorry it happened at all though.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
It’s good to see a formal TSB for this issue. I wonder why the issue only affects some cars built before 2/3. If that’s the date they changed the software in the factory, you’d think all cars built before that date would be affected. Since it’s not a recall, I guess we’ll have to wait and see if our 12v batteries die to know if we‘re affected.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
It’s good to see a formal TSB for this issue. I wonder why the issue only affects some cars built before 2/3. If that’s the date they changed the software in the factory, you’d think all cars built before that date would be affected. Since it’s not a recall, I guess we’ll have to wait and see if our 12v batteries die to know if we‘re affected.
The challenge is knowing IF it was fixed already. That may have been part of the delay for my car. It did not go to the KC Speedway, but did sit in MX for two months with the delivery date being pushed back a couple of times.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
The challenge is knowing IF it was fixed already. That may have been part of the delay for my car. It did not go to the KC Speedway, but did sit in MX for two months with the delivery date being pushed back a couple of times.
Probably a combination of all of the above. Software and Firmware updates (QA and dealer) on vehicles not delivered. Factory updates for those of us after that date (2/10 for me). And I'd bet part of this was also in OTA number 1 which just launched.

The good news in all of this is that the number of LVB draining incidents seems to be low and we know it's not a hardware issue given the contents of the TSB. With all the chip shortages, not needing to replace hardware might be a very good thing.

Thanks for posting this @breeves002. I've added it to my MME technical file. :)

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
The good news in all of this is that the number of LVB draining incidents seems to be low and we know it's not a hardware issue given the contents of the TSB. With all the chip shortages, not needing to replace hardware might be a very good thing.
Given the timeframes on some states' lemon laws, Ford could get in a bind if any major issues arise requiring new modules....

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
How do I check my cars build date? I didn't put a reservation I just bought it at the lot.

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
It didn't work. It just says Can't Retrieve This VIN
It says that, but if you click on any of the tabs, like "General Information" it will show it.

Ciero

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4x Premium Edition, Explorer Sport
Country flag