GrumblesTheDog

Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Toyota Prius, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
When do you think you can say you're out of the woods, regarding whether or not you'll fall victim to the 12V drain? My MME was built before 2/3, but on the later side (1/9). It has been fine despite fairly regular L2 charging over several hundred miles, though based on a handful of posts here it seems it can appear later on down the line when the conditions are right. It doesn't keep me up at night, but I do wonder. I have to make a road trip soon too, so maybe I'll make sure to have a portable jump pack (and/or 12V worth of AA batteries stuffed in the front bumper) just in case this strikes in the middle of nowhere.

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
When do you think you can say you're out of the woods, regarding whether or not you'll fall victim to the 12V drain? My MME was built before 2/3, but on the later side (1/9). It has been fine despite fairly regular L2 charging over several hundred miles, though based on a handful of posts here it seems it can appear later on down the line when the conditions are right. It doesn't keep me up at night, but I do wonder. I have to make a road trip soon too, so maybe I'll make sure to have a portable jump pack (and/or 12V worth of AA batteries stuffed in the front bumper) just in case this strikes in the middle of nowhere.
Days after I posted that I thought I was safe, bam! I found myself tearing apart my frunk. That said, I was leaving the MMe plugged into the charging station due to the cold MI temps and Ford’s advice. Turns out this was actually the problem - the MMe will charge the 12v battery on its own UNLESS you leave it plugged in.

Even if you’re part of the unlucky early build club, as long as you unplug your MMe after it is charged, you should be fine.

shadowsjc

Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
Sticker on door sill will tell you the manufacture month and year. To find the exact day it has to be run through OASIS. Send me your VIN and I can get a build date for you.
Thanks - I checked the door sticker and it looks like Jan 2021. Guess I need to be careful and not charge to 100% until this gets sorted out.

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Chevy Malibu, 21 Infiniti QX50, 21 MME On order
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
Thanks - I checked the door sticker and it looks like Jan 2021. Guess I need to be careful and not charge to 100% until this gets sorted out.
Or you could make an appointment at your dealer to have the updates performed... ;)

Advertisement

Advertisement