Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
mine is not on the official order tracker any longer either

Ford Mustang Mach-E TSB 21-2091 - 12-Volt Battery Becomes Discharged While The Vehicle Is Plugged In During the High Voltage Charging Process 1617202048655
Sponsored

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi eTron, TT Roush Mustang, *Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Try one that you know has already been purchased at least a week ago.
I was not able to find any random VIN with a production date in 2021 .. however I did find some with 11/2020 .. and the Ford tracker site said ā€œNo matching VIN found....ā€ so I canā€™t say when the MME was delivered, still this mean the tracker does not keep your VIN in the database too lone ..

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Itā€™s good to see a formal TSB for this issue. I wonder why the issue only affects some cars built before 2/3. If thatā€™s the date they changed the software in the factory, youā€™d think all cars built before that date would be affected. Since itā€™s not a recall, I guess weā€™ll have to wait and see if our 12v batteries die to know if weā€˜re affected.
As the Ford engineers explained to me ... cars with completely different configurations can run different software/logic. E.g. a RWD vs. AWD car will have different software and you can imagine other difference between car options would end up with different software. Not all cars would have the issue.

It definitely fixed the issue ... my car never had a problem again.

When they applied all the updates to my car it took about 2 hours to do them all.

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
That is not correct .. The Ford tracker site will have your tracking information well after your car is delivered...

the Ford tracker also show estimated built date .. how accurate Ford made their site I canā€™t say but everything he ask for is on that site ..

so try it yourself
1) edit this link and put in your VIN .. https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=3FMTK3SU7MMA09205

2) go to https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/status

put your order number in from your window sticker and your VIN below is what you will see.. I just did this with a random VIN

Ford Mustang Mach-E TSB 21-2091 - 12-Volt Battery Becomes Discharged While The Vehicle Is Plugged In During the High Voltage Charging Process 1617202048655
It says no matching VIN found even though I know I didn't misspell it.

Ken Josing

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Followed your lead, came back " Can't Retrieve This VIN " I went to the horse and opened the drivers door and found my build date 12/20. Buying was I walked into the dealership and drove the Mach-e home on 2/19/21. As you indicate, it's probably out of the system.

I have solar and use it exclusively via the phrase II plug. Don't plan on using the DC fast charger if at all possible. We have two ICE vehicles which will make the long trips. I hoping if situation becomes serious the affected cars/owners hear from Ford. Thanks for this information.

Jim Glass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2019 Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mine was built in December. I'm assuming, based on the language in this TSB, the dealership won't do anything unless your battery dies. Is there anyways to figure out if my car has the latest software?
My car is sitting 35 miles away at this very moment like a brick. I donā€™t know the build date but itā€™s #01634 MM FE. Itā€™s in park. Canā€™t be opened except for the frunk (did that, tried to jump the 12v... nada). The tow truck wants to put it on rollers because they canā€™t get into a flat bed. This has been since 3:00pm yesterday, Easter when NO One was at work anywhere. Bummer. Early regrets.

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Sorry to hear about your MME on Easter. Keep us posted, Good Luck!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
My car is sitting 35 miles away at this very moment like a brick. I donā€™t know the build date but itā€™s #01634 MM FE. Itā€™s in park. Canā€™t be opened except for the frunk (did that, tried to jump the 12v... nada). The tow truck wants to put it on rollers because they canā€™t get into a flat bed. This has been since 3:00pm yesterday, Easter when NO One was at work anywhere. Bummer. Early regrets.
Sorry to hear it. Sounds like the stuck in park issue.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
FINALLY!! So glad they found a fix!! Having been the originator of the Deep Sleep Thread and my Mach E bricked on Valentines Day was not fun!! Cancelled dinner reservations and watching the wife's face when I had the frunk torn apart was an "oops, lemme make it up to you later" moment.

Great job all around to Ford Customer Service and the Mach E Team for taking this so seriously!
Yes, I have had no problem with 12v discharge in Marlin since the software was updated last month.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Ugh, that's a huge bummer. After you got into the frunk, did you remove the beauty panels and hook up the jump starter to the battery terminals? That didn't allow the doors to open?

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
The challenge is knowing IF it was fixed already. That may have been part of the delay for my car. It did not go to the KC Speedway, but did sit in MX for two months with the delivery date being pushed back a couple of times.
This!

cmbfod

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE RR AWD ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You're welcome. BTW, Marlin hasn't had any more 12v drain problems.
Has anyone noticed if the LVB drainage during DCFC is related to the time on the FC. Specifically, my Mach fits the criteria for the TSB except #3 BUT the longest time I been on a DCFC is 20 minutes during periods just to learn the chargers. Planning on first long trip soon with longer and frequent DCFC sessions and am wondering if I should take car in for the TSB updates even though would have to $ out of pocket since on 2/3 criteria met. Hate to spend $$ if no problem but also not excited about having to take frunk apart in Walmart parking lot. Grateful for any thoughts. Thanks.

wings2063

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EV6 GT-Line /Mache Premium 4x
Occupation
Retired
Question if I have only used the mobile level 2 charger that came with the car I will not know if I have this issue?
Sponsored