Waps61

First Name
Waps
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR
Country flag
Its possible that the low voltage was causing the modules to report weird numbers, and also why so many modules start throwing errors.[\QUOTE]
Plausible
Its just odd that the high voltage is engaged, because the AC compressor is running, but, its not supplying any voltage to the 12v system in that state.
This why there has been e recall for pre March or Feb production cars; owners were locked out of their cars.
It is not even charging when the car is connected (charging or not)... The manual does say something about this.
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Mine is definitely a pre Feb model. Built in December.

Sounds like another TSB I need to add to my appointment for next week to be addressed.

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
I got nailed last night - totally dead MachE this morning.

Damn funny runny my 8amp trickle charger in my car this morning.
Oh the thick irony of the 12V dying while the 400V was getting charged.
Ford Mustang Mach-E TSB 21-2091 - 12-Volt Battery Becomes Discharged While The Vehicle Is Plugged In During the High Voltage Charging Process 1CADBAB2-81FF-48BF-9773-5DBD7FDBD597
Ford Mustang Mach-E TSB 21-2091 - 12-Volt Battery Becomes Discharged While The Vehicle Is Plugged In During the High Voltage Charging Process 6A0AA163-5D2B-49A7-A90F-9BA803C1A92B

To be clear - had been charging the previous night from about 50% to 100% in prep for a road trip. Which we didn’t get today ?

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Make sure you turn off the 30 min off timer. Make sure the car is on and not on accessories.

LadyGator

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, Ext. Range
Country flag
I got nailed last night - totally dead MachE this morning.

Damn funny runny my 8amp trickle charger in my car this morning.
Oh the thick irony of the 12V dying while the 400V was getting charged.
Ford Mustang Mach-E TSB 21-2091 - 12-Volt Battery Becomes Discharged While The Vehicle Is Plugged In During the High Voltage Charging Process 6A0AA163-5D2B-49A7-A90F-9BA803C1A92B

To be clear - had been charging the previous night from about 50% to 100% in prep for a road trip. Which we didn’t get today ?
Is it not able to be jumped fully from another vehicle?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Is it not able to be jumped fully from another vehicle?
Yes, it can be jumped from another car if you do it carefully. Although easy enough to throw a battery charger on it if you're not in a hurry.

LadyGator

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, Ext. Range
Country flag
Yes, it can be jumped from another car if you do it carefully. Although easy enough to throw a battery charger on it if you're not in a hurry.
Ok, one more thing I will need to read up on for this car when I get it back. I'm still not sure how to have it towed or get a jump if I need to.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Ok, one more thing I will need to read up on for this car when I get it back. I'm still not sure how to have it towed or get a jump if I need to.
Ford Mustang Mach-E TSB 21-2091 - 12-Volt Battery Becomes Discharged While The Vehicle Is Plugged In During the High Voltage Charging Process 267
Ford Mustang Mach-E TSB 21-2091 - 12-Volt Battery Becomes Discharged While The Vehicle Is Plugged In During the High Voltage Charging Process 268

Ford Mustang Mach-E TSB 21-2091 - 12-Volt Battery Becomes Discharged While The Vehicle Is Plugged In During the High Voltage Charging Process 269

Ford Mustang Mach-E TSB 21-2091 - 12-Volt Battery Becomes Discharged While The Vehicle Is Plugged In During the High Voltage Charging Process 270
Ford Mustang Mach-E TSB 21-2091 - 12-Volt Battery Becomes Discharged While The Vehicle Is Plugged In During the High Voltage Charging Process 271

Ford Mustang Mach-E TSB 21-2091 - 12-Volt Battery Becomes Discharged While The Vehicle Is Plugged In During the High Voltage Charging Process 272

Attachments

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Make sure you turn off the 30 min off timer. Make sure the car is on and not on accessories.
Just to be clear, This happens even if the car is ON and plugged in.

I've been in the car, with it ON, but not "READY" because its plugged in. The car is on because the AC is on and working. But between 30-45 minutes the car will start throwing all the errors because the modules are going offline as the voltage drops.

The last time It happened, one of the modules I was connected to was reporting it was running at 8v. I got out and unplugged the charging cable and "started" the car again and the voltage jumps to 13v and it starts charging the 12v battery again.

Tyldum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
The 12V state is available in the FordPass API, by the way. I monitor it using my smarthome (Home Assistant).
It does generally drop just when AC charging starts, then quickly recharged. No data on DC charging yet.

Ford Mustang Mach-E TSB 21-2091 - 12-Volt Battery Becomes Discharged While The Vehicle Is Plugged In During the High Voltage Charging Process Screenshot_20210804-233515_Chrome

Fordmaybe

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No ford yet
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
The 12V state is available in the FordPass API, by the way. I monitor it using my smarthome (Home Assistant).
It does generally drop just when AC charging starts, then quickly recharged. No data on DC charging yet.

Ford Mustang Mach-E TSB 21-2091 - 12-Volt Battery Becomes Discharged While The Vehicle Is Plugged In During the High Voltage Charging Process Screenshot_20210804-233515_Chrome
Where is the API for fordpass?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag

Screenshot_20210804-233515_Chrome.jpg
Looking into this, the 12V parameter is called "batteryStatusActual" in the JSON the FordPass API returns from the server. However it's of limited usefulness because it only returns the battery voltage to the nearest volt (disappointing), which isn't enough resolution to determine the battery's charge state accurately. In addition, the value returned may be a reading from hours ago when the car was last turned on rather than reflecting the current state. It does not update while the car is off or likely during a drain event. As you can see, a value of anywhere from 12 to 15V is encountered in normal use. The only indication of a problem would be a reading of 11V or less, at which point it might be too late. Again, not very useful to show battery drains IMO, really only shows charging activity.

Tyldum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Actually, there is an additional field for battery health as well, which I presume is based on more accurate data.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Actually, there is an additional field for battery health as well, which I presume is based on more accurate data.
Battery health just returns "status_ok". I do not know any other possible return values it has or if it is 12v or HVB.
Sponsored