Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Let us know if it does the job for you. We can all dance under the moon naked at midnight.
"I get that, Your Honor, but if you just look at the forum post I shared with you..."
Sponsored

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Thank you for sharing these TSBs! Maybe I will soon no longer be stuck trickle charging at 120 volts. If not for this forum, I would bever know when a fix was available since my dealer is useless when it comes to communication or TSB awareness.
it sure would be nice if TSBs were pushed out to Owners via the emails they have in our FordPass.... or even just as FordPass messages. Even better if they could be filtered by VIN thru OASIS so Owners would have to guess whether or not the TSB applied to them.

I understand why Dealerships might not want to proactively reach out.... unless they get paid for the Service of course. I can also understand Ford not wanting to piecemeal update individual owners unless a 'safety' recall/warranty fix is available.

Best I am hoping for is that when and if 'safety' related fixes get you to the Dealership, they run OASIS and rollup all available updates and do it all at once.

Hey wait, this sounds like an opportunity for a Service department to do an annual maintenance and update! Rotate tires, change wiper blades, and apply software updates!

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It is a little disappointing that no one reached out from Ford with this information. I’m sure that it only affected a small percent of cars, but still would have been nice. I was just a few hours away from calling an electrician, (at $140 an hour), to fix the problem. My Mach E was charging just fine at public charging stations, so I was sure it was my 14-50 plug. Would have been upsetting if I had paid an electrician and it did not fix the problem. Even more upsetting if it was an unknown to me a software update that Ford, (dealership), needed to do.

noname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mache
Country flag
I'll wait for bunch of software related TSB and update them all at once in a year or two :)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
It is a little disappointing that no one reached out from Ford with this information. I’m sure that it only affected a small percent of cars, but still would have been nice. I was just a few hours away from calling an electrician, (at $140 an hour), to fix the problem. My Mach E was charging just fine at public charging stations, so I was sure it was my 14-50 plug. Would have been upsetting if I had paid an electrician and it did not fix the problem. Even more upsetting if it was an unknown to me a software update that Ford, (dealership), needed to do.
Ford did reach out to a number of Mach E owners who had the Ford Connected Charge Station to work with them on the issues they were having.

jetermeyer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus NX 300H, Acura TLX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
TSB 21-2123 - 2021 Mustang Mach-E - Level 2 Charger Inoperative - Built on or Before 14-April-2021 - Released April 22 2021

TSB PDF attached if the copy and paste looks wonky feel free to download the PDF. This is the 2nd TSB for the 2021 MME. They have a fix for all of the weird L2 charging issues for some people, especially those in IL...

TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN
Level 2 Charger Inoperative
21-2123
21 April 2021​
Model:
Ford
2021 Mustang Mach-E

Issue: Some 2021 Mustang Mach-E vehicles built on or before 14-Apr-2021 may exhibit an inoperative level 2 charger (220/240 volt) at a customer’s residence but charging performance operates as intended at a dealership or other locations. This may be due to differences in local electrical power grids. To correct the condition, follow the Service Procedure to reprogram various modules starting with the PCM.
Action: Follow the Service Procedure to correct the condition on vehicles that meet all of the following criteria:

Warranty Status: Eligible under provisions of New Vehicle Limited Warranty (NVLW)/Service Part Warranty (SPW)/Special Service Part (SSP)/Extended Service Plan (ESP) coverage. Limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. NVLW/SPW/SSP/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
Labor Times
DescriptionOperation No.Time
2021 Mustang Mach-E: Reprogram The Appropriate Modules As Required By The Software Update And Service Procedure (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)
MT212123​
Actual Time​
Repair/Claim Coding
Causal Part:10B689
Condition Code:04
Service Procedure
1. Connect a battery charger to the 12-volt battery.
NOTE: Verify that the negative cable of the charger is installed on a chassis or engine ground, and not the 12-volt battery negative terminal to prevent the battery saver mode from activating on the vehicle. Do not have the vehicle plugged into the high voltage battery charger during programming. This can cause modules to not program correctly; only have the 12-volt battery charger installed.
2. Reprogram the PCM using the latest software level of the appropriate Ford diagnostic scan tool.
3. Check the availability for software updates on the following modules and update as required:
  • Secondary on board control module (SOBDM)
  • Battery energy control module (BECM)
  • Secondary on board control module B (SOBDMB)
  • Secondary on board control module C (SOBDMC)
  • Anti-lock brake system (ABS)
NOTE: Only one module may be updated at a time.
Anyone think this will fix my problem? I have a Premium EX for about 4 weeks. Galaxy S9 Android 10. My car does not start charging at designated time. Ford Pass 3.21. Charge times are set up. Plug in charge cable from 240V home. FordPass shows it is plugged in. Rings on car are lit showing charge. I get a nice blue banner in FordPass telling me charge times, estimated finish time. At some point in time before charging is supposed to start, the blue banner disappears. If I check the car, the ring lights are out. Wait for charge time and car does not start charging. If for whatever reason I press the unlock button. Car comes alive, ring lights back on and car starts charging. Charges to right amount 90% and get all the info on FordPass in the morning. It has only ever started charging on its own at the right time once. Since then never if I don't interfere. Car is on internet. Cell service exists. If I told it to start charging right away from FordPass it would so I know FordPass is connected to the car. But never starts on time unless I intervene. If I intervene before charge time I get the blue banner back and ring lights on. But by the time the start time comes around blue banner is gone again. Car charges fine. Don't have a clue what is going on. I would say FordPass lost connection but if I say start charging now it does it. So it is clearly still connected? Thanks for any ones help. I sure the dealer can't do anything without more information.

Earplug

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT-PE
Country flag
I have had the charging warning (and no charge) happen twice at home. So I call the Dealer. Can't get me in until May 12th. Call another Dealer, May 10th.

Ford "support" chat say to take it to a public charger.

So, to be able to charge at home I need to stay up late to make sure the charging starts (low rate) or manually start charging at the high rate.

Ginger

First Name
Ginger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
buying Mach E, own 2012 Lexus hybrid
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Country flag
Thank you Breezes for expressing our concerns so well. I'm still out about 7 months of receiving my MME, but every encounter I have had at the dealerships show me many have no clue how the car works. I've found myself explaining things to them! I thought the dealerships had to receive some training in order to be classified as a "EV Certified dealer." I admit this is a concern for me. Will my dealership down here in Palm Springs know what to do if there is a problem? I am book marking topics in the forums just in case...
I'm an ICU trained RN. I may not have worked in the ED, but I have enough basic knowledge to keep a patient stable in any environment. C'mon Ford, make sure the dealerships have basic knowledge about the car!

EponA8599

First Name
Elizabeth L Richards
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Commercial Vehicle Fleet Safety Manager
Country flag
After taking my level 2 charger back to Ford, it has to be replaced... anyone else had to replace one?... wondering how long this may take 🤔 Good thing I have credits on Blue Oval!!
Sponsored