TSB 21-2245 Loss Of Power, Stop Safely Now Message In The IPC, Illuminated MIL With DTC P1A10, U0293 And/Or U1011

Frank Katz

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Prius 2016 Crosstrek
Occupation
Ret'd
Country flag
I accept that this is the first year of a new car with complex technology. I have had good help from my home dealer Capitol Ford providing me a loaner, from Castle Rock Ford moving forward with repair and from Ford in birddogging the process. I thank them all.
Sponsored

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
I had this issue today where that popped up on screen; the car wouldn't start and wouldn't charge. I trickle charged the car for a while (maybe 30 minutes or so), it still wouldn't start but suddenly would charge. I unplugged the charger and the car started so I drove it to the dealer.

The applied updates to 2 modules related to the issue. The ticket isn't closed yet so I can't yet lookup what TSBs they were, but likely these. Oddly enough, mine is a GT built in August 2021.

rannebergerme

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Mustang Mach-E E4X
Country flag
Just a note that this TSB appears to be alive and well.

I have a January 2021 build (delivered in Feb 2021) and I finally had this issue come up. Arrived at my car and the 12v was dead with no response from the car. Opened FordPass to see I had an electric drain notification, low voltage and power train malfunction.

Jumped the car, got it started and drove it to the dealer right away. Naturally, I was expecting this to be related to TSB 20-2023, but I was able to drive at full speed (60 MPH+) and there were no 'Stop Safely Now' error messages during the drive.

Next day, I got a call from the dealer and they diagnosed it as this TSB. They replaced the 12v, reprogramed the PCM and a couple of other modules and fixed it.

Good reminder to folks that if you have an older 2021 build, a dead battery/power train malfunction/electrical drain might not be TSB 20-2023 - it might be this one.
Sponsored