TSB 21-2245 Loss Of Power, Stop Safely Now Message In The IPC, Illuminated MIL With DTC P1A10, U0293 And/Or U1011

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Prem XAWD, 14 f150 3.5 Ecoboost, 22 Edge ST 2.7
Country flag
I have to agree with mach-lee on this one. In PTS there is a 'diagnostics' section where you type the code and it shows applicable TSBs/SSMs. It is super easy and quick to get to before diving into any other diagnosis. This has been a thing for YEARS and there's no reason they shouldn't already be using. Saves diagnostic time.
Trust me I am with both of you, when talking to the service manager at my dealership he mentioned a lot of these updates/TSB's are coming out consistently and if the vehicle is showing/sending codes its best to just do the update and get it out of the way. Process of elimination. MME mainly because there has been a lot of bugs to work out with being a new model.

When I went with my partner to pickup at the other dealership, he asked to speak to the tech to figure out what the problem was and the cashier said it is all explained on the write up (which still didn't answer what was going on) one of the managers was right there too and didn't offer to help.

I said just get the key and lets go, I will have it handled. I can't imagine what it is like for someone who doesn't have access to a reputable service department that will actually listen and go through the proper diagnostics. I was beyond furious, especially being a Ford employee, that this is how customers are treated. But sadly, this is how everyone is treated on the daily, just another number.
Sponsored

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Quick update: Saturday my dealership performed all updates they could including this one. Car seems to be operating normally again, we did get a request for a review from that dealership and we intend to give them the proper feedback so they can help other customers in the future rather than just bash them. Now what they do with the feedback is on them!

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I took mine to the dealer yesterday and showed him the TSB. I then explained that it did exactly as described in the TSB. I told him of course I have no idea about the codes, but it did put the car in park and would not move. Took about 5 min of being turned off and out of the car before it would restart. Told him I did not wish to be in that position again, they said no problem and they would get it reprogrammed. Had it back by noon with the modules updated.
I have not ordered the car yet so not very familiar with some of the mechanics of it but I thought updates are being performed over the air. After reading many of the threads on this forum I am mistaken.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have not ordered the car yet so not very familiar with some of the mechanics of it but I thought updates are being performed over the air. After reading many of the threads on this forum I am mistaken.
Tend to agree and that was one reason I purchased this vehicle; no service visits and fixes coming OTA. That and you can let it sit and it will maintain itself. That has not materialized to date and mine has been in several times. Recently fords official account came on here and told us if you want your noisy charging fans fixed bring it in. Hey but if you need to finger paint or play tic tac toe they have you covered and no visit required ?. The good thing is it drives very well it just does not sit or charge well to date for me. It can sit for days and not loose 1% of charge so you know it is sleeping well :(. We will see if the next OTA is successful or if it is a mess like their app. That should give you an indication where this is heading.

Johnnyb

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mack-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN
Loss Of Power, Stop Safely Now Message In The IPC, Illuminated MIL With DTC P1A10, U0293 And/Or U1011 - Built On Or Before 20-Mar-2021
21-2245
02 August 2021​
Model:
Ford
2021 Mustang Mach-E

Issue: Some 2021 Mustang Mach-E vehicles built on or before 20-Mar-2021 may exhibit a loss of power, Stop Safely Now message in the instrument panel cluster (IPC), and illuminated malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) with diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) P1A10, U0293 and/or U1011. This may be due to the parameters in the powertrain control module (PCM). To correct the condition, follow the Service Procedure to reprogram various modules starting with the PCM.
Action: Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition if the vehicle meets all of the following criteria:

Warranty Status: Eligible under provisions of New Vehicle Limited Warranty (NVLW)/Emissions Warranty/Service Part Warranty (SPW)/Special Service Part (SSP)/Extended Service Plan (ESP) coverage. Limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. NVLW/Emissions Warranty/SPW/SSP/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
Labor Times
DescriptionOperation No.Time
2021 Mustang Mach-E: Reprogram The Appropriate Modules As Required By The Software Update And Service Procedure (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)
MT212245​
Actual Time​
Repair/Claim Coding
Causal Part:RECALEM
Condition Code:04
Service Procedure
1. Connect a battery charger to the 12-volt battery.
NOTE: To prevent the battery saver mode from activating on the vehicle, make sure the negative cable of the charger is installed on a chassis or engine ground, and not the 12-volt battery negative terminal. Do not have the vehicle plugged into the high voltage battery charger during programming. This can cause incorrect module programming. Make sure only the 12-volt battery charger is installed.
2. Reprogram the PCM using the latest software level of the appropriate Ford diagnostic scan tool.
3. Check the availability of software updates on the following modules and update as required:
(1). Secondary on-board diagnostic control module (SOBDM)
(2). Battery energy control module (BECM)
(3). Secondary on-board diagnostic control module B (SOBDMB)
(4). Secondary on-board diagnostic control module C (SOBDMC)
(5). Anti-lock brake system (ABS) module
NOTE: Only one module may be updated at a time.
END TSB
This is how mine was resolved.

Attachments

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just wanted to post an update:

Was in for the TSB 21-2245 fix almost 2 months ago now, still getting error codes in the connected vehicle services window. Having issues at home now with charge faults. We use the mobile charger plugged into 240. All connections secure etc.

Taking with me to work tomorrow for them to perform the 2245, 2190 and 2249 TSB's as those are the ones that keep coming up.....

sdfadfasdfd.JPG

dsfadfdsd.JPG

Frank Katz

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Prius 2016 Crosstrek
Occupation
Ret'd
Country flag
Had the TSB 21-2245 issue in early September when the dreaded Stop Safely Now message popped up. The car wouldn't move. 20 minutes later the SSN was gone and I drove it to our home dealer,. Capitol Ford. They did all the indicated updates and all was well.

Then, last Wednesday, while traveling through Colorado, the SSN reappeared while the car was on a charger. It went off after 20 minutes and we drove to Castle Rock Ford. They ran the TBS 21-2245 protocols again, I think, and said I could drive it home but that there appeared to be problems with HVB modules. In charging the car to make that trip home, the SSN notice and immobilization repeated. Took longer to go away, but it did and we drove it back to Castle Rock where it sits.

Any ideas?

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Had the TSB 21-2245 issue in early September when the dreaded Stop Safely Now message popped up. The car wouldn't move. 20 minutes later the SSN was gone and I drove it to our home dealer,. Capitol Ford. They did all the indicated updates and all was well.

Then, last Wednesday, while traveling through Colorado, the SSN reappeared while the car was on a charger. It went off after 20 minutes and we drove to Castle Rock Ford. They ran the TBS 21-2245 protocols again, I think, and said I could drive it home but that there appeared to be problems with HVB modules. In charging the car to make that trip home, the SSN notice and immobilization repeated. Took longer to go away, but it did and we drove it back to Castle Rock where it sits.

Any ideas?
Hope you find out the problem but the only idea I have is to make me think twice about buying the car

richsi

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla M3P, 2024 Ford Maverick Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don't think these problems are common, but you are a bit of a beta tester and need to be willing to roll with it.
I don't remember signing any document that states I am a beta tester for this vehicle. Is it not fair to assume to have purchased a vehicle that has been fully tested and ready for the road. That is reliable and trustworthy for a transportation vehicle. And can be relied on to get you from point A to point B without worry or hassle from it becoming a brick? Isn't that reasonable? Isn't time to hold a company to it's promise that it's "FORD TUFF"! I think it is!

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I don't remember signing any document that states I am a beta tester for this vehicle. Is it not fair to assume to have purchased a vehicle that has been fully tested and ready for the road. That is reliable and trustworthy for a transportation vehicle. And can be relied on to get you from point A to point B without worry or hassle from it becoming a brick? Isn't that reasonable? Isn't time to hold a company to it's promise that it's "FORD TUFF"! I think it is!
Yes, your expectations are reasonable. No, they aren't necessarily being met.

The way I'm looking at this (warning: I'm a "cheerleader" whatever that means) is that it's a first-year vehicle and problems come along with that. I'm not saying it's right, and I'm not saying it's okay. I'm saying that it's just the way it is.

This particular issue has been long-running for this owner, and it seems to be for other owners as well, and until Ford finishes working out the OTA process, it's going to be a dealer trip to get the TSBs done... and the anecdotal evidence suggests that Ford may not have the problem completely worked out yet. I'm not happy about this and I don't expect anyone else to be either - it's again just the way it is right now.

There's not a lot that can be done by an owner right now to be honest other than get the TSBs done and report the problems up the dealer chain as they come up.

I completely understand that doesn't magically solve the issue.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think that a bit of the anxiety with me is just the new tech (to me). This car has been reliable to date but I think about it a bit more than a cast iron V8. I think it is time I need to not give it another thought. Two 500 mile runs with 5000 on the OD and perfect so far. Of course the bad tales end up here on this forum but they are not substantial yet. That is if you exclude the trolls.

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag

Any ideas?
Bummer. If you got the turtle crawl symbol with those then it's likely a HVB issue. Had that with mine and took awhile to get new modules in to repair at the time. Hopefully it's gotten a little faster. More experiences around HVB replacements in the following link:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mme-high-voltage-battery-issues.7602/

richsi

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla M3P, 2024 Ford Maverick Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think that a bit of the anxiety with me is just the new tech (to me). This car has been reliable to date but I think about it a bit more than a cast iron V8. I think it is time I need to not give it another thought. Two 500 mile runs with 5000 on the OD and perfect so far. Of course the bad tales end up here on this forum but they are not substantial yet. That is if you exclude the trolls.
Read this forum closely. You have people hacking their vehicles and willing to make them bricks by hacking into the modules and reprogramming them. Why? because Ford is unwilling to take a position to fix known issues or at least communicate them to their customers that they are on it! I can't even take my vehicle into the dealership I purchased it from and have it repaired. I just don't trust them. I know more about the vehicle then they do or are even willing to learn. I'm just about ready to sell the damn thing. Anyone in the bay area interested mail me here LOL!

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Bummer. If you got the turtle crawl symbol with those then it's likely a HVB issue. Had that with mine and took awhile to get new modules in to repair at the time. Hopefully it's gotten a little faster. More experiences around HVB replacements in the following link:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mme-high-voltage-battery-issues.7602/
Yes always a bummer. With complex electronics defective new hardware happens no matter how good the QC is. Different defect here but It was not easy being green. Ford understood and did work towards fixing it. Is yours fixed and running fine now?

Best to work with those that are looking to help than to whine and complain like an angry baby.
Sponsored