Reaction score
Website
ericsmalling.com
Vehicles
`21 MME Prem 4X w/GTPE wheels,`22 Hyundai Palisade
Occupation
Solutions Architect (software)
Country flag
FYI: The only (somewhat) negative side-effect was that this cleared out my charger locations/schedules. I had to add my home back to it in order to set it to 90% as was previously configured. That was okay, though, since I was going to edit it to remove the time-of-day scheduling anyway. (No longer need it to wait for midnight to start charging since it's not screaming loud anymore!)

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
FYI: The only (somewhat) negative side-effect was that this cleared out my charger locations/schedules. I had to add my home back to it in order to set it to 90% as was previously configured. That was okay, though, since I was going to edit it to remove the time-of-day scheduling anyway. (No longer need it to wait for midnight to start charging since it's not screaming loud anymore!)
Your neighbors must love you ............. now ;).

I heard the noise once L2 charging with the car cover on while it was warm; it did not sound healthy. I have since learned that the front plate is a bonus as it holds the cover up above the vents. I know the noise and do not care to hear it again. I think I will hang for OTA on this one but appreciate the info that Ford continues to make good.

ericNdfw

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ericsmalling.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Your neighbors must love you ............. now ;).

I heard the noise once L2 charging with the car cover on while it was warm; it did not sound healthy. I have since learned that the front plate is a bonus as it holds the cover up above the vents. I know the noise and do not care to hear it again. I think I will hang for OTA on this one but appreciate the info that Ford continues to make good.
Haha. It actually wasn't really audible outside of my garage when the doors are shut unless you were right next to them. It sure is nice now to be able to not have delay charging until after-hours to avoid being audibly blasted in our kitchen anytime anyone opened the door while it was active!

ericNdfw

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ericsmalling.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Is that a level 2 charger at home? The title of this thread mentions level 3. If it fixes the level 2 charger noise I want it!
Yes, according to other comments in this thread, that is actually are talking about "Mode 3" which apparently refers to higher current charging. (greater than 9kw I believe, but don't quote me on that)

FWIW, my charger is a 40A EVSE (Grizzl-E Classic).

Also, as far as I know, there isn't technically a "Level 3" charger. There's L1, L2, and DC fast charging (CCS for us); some call DC "Level 3" but that's not really a thing.

ericNdfw

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ericsmalling.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Also tangentially related: I charged for a short time on a 50kw CCS charger for the first time a few days ago (before this update) and did not notice the MME's fans at all. The EVGo charging station fans were going, but not the fans in the car. This makes some sense to me since DC fast charging skips the car's internal AC-DC charging system but I found it interesting.

sfabris

First Name
Simone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E SR RD, Seat Leon TGI
Country flag
Yesterday I went to the dealer asking for solution for the charging noise.

Initially they considered this normal, however they took a few minutes to check all the TSB, found the right one and then took an appointment for performing the upgrades.

I was surprised because I didn't mention the TSB, they took their time to check if there were any solution for my problem. Also, they will be performing all the missing upgrades on my car.

At the end, pretty satisfied by post sale service.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Hmm, FYI this TSB was listed for North American vehicles (I saw it), but is no longer. Perhaps they are revising it (maybe to include level 2 charging) and will re-list it soon.

In the meantime, you can still reference the TSB by number and have the dealer search for it on their service homepage. It still comes up when searched.

The fix is the same as a lot of the other TSBs, just reprogramming all the powertrain modules to the latest version. Should fix all the problems in the other powertrain TSBs too.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Ok, I have a newbie question. Is there a way to tell what TSB's have been installed? Or put another way how do I know what still needs to be installed?
that'd be nice wouldn't it, pretty sure no way of knowing this.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hey, all! For those experiencing this unexpected fan noise, we recommend you have your Mustang Mach-E diagnosed by your Ford dealership. A TSB has now been released for both North America (TSB 21-2288) and European (TSB 21-2278) dealers to resolve this issue. You can locate your local dealer by using the following link: https://owner.ford.com/service/dealer-locator.html.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hey, all! For those experiencing this unexpected fan noise, we recommend you have your Mustang Mach-E diagnosed by your Ford dealership. A TSB has now been released for both North America (TSB 21-2288) and European (TSB 21-2278) dealers to resolve this issue. You can locate your local dealer by using the following link: https://owner.ford.com/service/dealer-locator.html.
Can you inform us if this is schedule for an OTA through your OTA system. If so estimated scheduled release date.

Is this noise causing any damage to the vehicle when it is taking place and is it advised to get this done?

Scrannel

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport Diesel. Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Screenwriter
Country flag
Just FWIW, Tesla OTA updates are all listed on my car along with dates and release notes. I've had about 14 or 15 OTAs in the past approx. two plus years of ownership. Remember, whenever a dealer touches your car under warrantee, they are compensated by Ford. So they probably don't want to be cut out of the loop by an OTA process.

Does anyone remember back when Ford bought out Jaguar? After overhauling their entire production they got screams from dealers because the amount of warrantee work (and compensation) dropped substantially.
Sponsored