Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Actually the paperwork I got from Ford about the windshield and roof recall specifically states that improperly seated glass can lead to wind noise.
Yes, but the noise isn't the reason for the recall, possibly poor adhesive adhesion is. Hopefully, those with the noise issue will have it resolved or at least diminished by the recall work.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Actually the paperwork I got from Ford about the windshield and roof recall specifically states that improperly seated glass can lead to wind noise.
Sure, but that's a different cause than what this TSB addresses. You can tell because the fixes are different. I guess if you have wind noise, you can wait and see if the roof recall fixes it before having the TSB performed. I'm planning to ask my dealer to do both at the same time.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Got attached in the mail yesterday (Canada).

Appears wind noise is mentioned. I think if I had wind noise I would want this done and not the weather stripping.

Think it is a bit of an over kill for people with no wind noise. May just condemn all due to a few? I guess this will not be an OTA thing? Bright side is it could be up to update again when it leaves. Definitely will ask about the charging fan noise TSB 21-2288. Power up 2.0 would be good also. ;)

Attachments

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
I am having this fix performed next Wednesday. Will report back on difference.
I am late in reporting back, but here we go. I got my official Ford fix for wind noise, not the resealing of the roof glass I donā€™t think, but donā€˜t know, but an interesting gasket/wipe insert. See photo. It has helped a great deal. I wonder if the roof had been to spec if it would still make some noise at higher speeds. I want to be realistic about this. So, kudos to Ford for addressing and I am much happier now. I would be interested in seeing a photo of a more recent Mach-e where there is no noise eminating from between the windshield and the glass roof. My roof is slightly higher than my windshield. I wonder if they are level, the windshield is higher, they are closer together? Any, post a photo or two of the gap between the windshield and glass roof if you donā€™t have noise.

Secondly, the other reason I am curious to see the photos is if there is a misalignment that is causing some of the wind noise, could it be addressed during the windshield/glass roof recall. Maybe move the windshield into what was supposed to be the original position. Etc.

Again, I want to commend Ford for addressing with the gasket.

Thanks.

90F23B37-ABDB-4772-AD21-95FDAAA07F84.jpeg

ReelSweet

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I am late in reporting back, but here we go. I got my official Ford fix for wind noise, not the resealing of the roof glass I donā€™t think, but donā€˜t know, but an interesting gasket/wipe insert. See photo. It has helped a great deal. I wonder if the roof had been to spec if it would still make some noise at higher speeds. I want to be realistic about this. So, kudos to Ford for addressing and I am much happier now. I would be interested in seeing a photo of a more recent Mach-e where there is no noise eminating from between the windshield and the glass roof. My roof is slightly higher than my windshield. I wonder if they are level, the windshield is higher, they are closer together? Any, post a photo or two of the gap between the windshield and glass roof if you donā€™t have noise.

Secondly, the other reason I am curious to see the photos is if there is a misalignment that is causing some of the wind noise, could it be addressed during the windshield/glass roof recall. Maybe move the windshield into what was supposed to be the original position. Etc.

Again, I want to commend Ford for addressing with the gasket.

Thanks.

Ford Mustang Mach-E TSB 21-2369 Glass Roof - Wind Noise - Built On Or Before 15-Feb-2021 90F23B37-ABDB-4772-AD21-95FDAAA07F84
Thank for reporting back with the success...so my guess is that you will need to get this done again when they do the roof and windshield recall?

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
Thank for reporting back with the success...so my guess is that you will need to get this done again when they do the roof and windshield recall?
I donā€™t know. I would suppose so.

MachEGTSY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7
Country flag
My GT got built in 10/4 week and my car has wind noise above 25mPH coming from passenger side. Thought this issue is in only for builds before Febā€™21. Anyone else sees similar issue with recent car builds? @Ford Motor Company any fix for this?

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
My GT has wind noise. Figured Iā€™d call the dealer and get the part to do this myself. Quoted $250 just for the weather stripping / moulding. Guess itā€™s back to the rubber seal.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
My GT has wind noise. Figured Iā€™d call the dealer and get the part to do this myself. Quoted $250 just for the weather stripping / moulding. Guess itā€™s back to the rubber seal.
If you have a good dealer and you have wind noise they should cover it. Even if its not a part of the TSB necessarily.

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
I didn't get this TSB but had the pano and windshield recall work done. My car prior to that recall work had wind noise at 45 mph or greater. Almost like a window wasn't closed fully. Anyway, glass company decided to remove the pano roof due to what they believed was poor installation at the factory. Totally cleaned it and re-installed. The roof to windshield seam is around 1/8" and absolutely quiet now. I feel that this TSB is more of a band aid than actually addressing the real issue from factory. Just my .02 cents

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
So I found an online source for the part and got it for $150.
onlinefordpartscatalog.com
So I ordered it and got it installed this morning. Much better. Itā€™s windy here today and I can hear wind from other parts of the car. But the upper windshield seems to be pretty silent now. So Iā€™m calling it $150 well. spent.
Also wanted to thank @Redundant for posting a pic of his windshield after the seal was in place. I wasnā€™t quite sure which way to put the seal in.
And of course, Thank You to @breeves002 for keeping all these resources up to date.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag