Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
These recalls are for a different issue, not for wind noise. You will want to get these recalls done when the dealer is ready to do them which at the earliest will be late November.
Thinking the wind noise is directly related to the adhesive letting go and just a different way of explaining it. Wind noise as opposed to losing your roof. Same thing explained a bit different.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Thinking the wind noise is directly related to the adhesive letting go and just a different way of explaining it. Wind noise as opposed to losing your roof. Same thing explained a bit different.
I don't see a smiley, but I assume this is a joke?

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don't see a smiley, but I assume this is a joke?
Not at all do you think if you hear wind coming in through the seals that is sound? That is a for sure sign that it will eventually work its way loose and should be the clue the fix is required.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not at all do you think if you hear wind coming in through the seals that is sound? That is a for sure sign that it will eventually work its way loose and should be the clue the fix is required.
No. It’s a different thing.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No. It’s a different thing.
Or different wording in different countries? One would assume there is not too much difference in the ones delivered here and the ones delivered to the states as they all coming from the same place.

If you can hear wind thru the seams that is not good. Fatigue and freeze thaw may start to play a role. I have checked along the roof/windshield seam and all appears sound? ?‍♂ I do not hear whistling air infiltration inside which for me would be concerning.

smartino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Mach E First Edition, 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That makes sense.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I get a noise at about 75 mph in a crosswind. it’s kind of an intermittent mid pitch hum And very noticable.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I got both the recall notices. But I’ve never had a problem that I can tell with wind noise, and my roof doesn’t have much of a front lip at all. Do I really want to have Ford pull my car apart and risk making things worse?

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I got both the recall notices. But I’ve never had a problem that I can tell with wind noise, and my roof doesn’t have much of a front lip at all. Do I really want to have Ford pull my car apart and risk making things worse?
Thinking the same. You will always hear exterior wind gusts and it has shifted in the lane with a side gust a few times for me but I really have heard no infiltration at all. If it an't broke don't baby it ;). This winter should be the test I will wait for a call. November 2020 build here.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The recalls have nothing to do with noise.

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
Not sure which is funnier, that they finally did the TSB, or how long it took. They really should have included a footnote crediting @JSW : Roof Wind Noise *Fixed*, Mar 4, 2021.
Mine was so bad I had no choice but to engage in trial/error - couldn’t hear the person next to me….

Rjm

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mach E Premium
Occupation
Retired- probably oldest Mach E owner in the US- 83 yrs
Country flag
With regard to the wind noise, it looks like some are trying to solve it with weather striping. I would think a better solution would be a caulking like silicone. This would give you an even transition from the windshield to the roof. This would prevent any water from getting in the trough between the windshield and the roof. Thought?

DRuth086

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 2021 Mach-E AWD Extended Range
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Country flag
The recalls have nothing to do with noise.
Actually the paperwork I got from Ford about the windshield and roof recall specifically states that improperly seated glass can lead to wind noise.
Sponsored