Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Select with BlueCruise Job 1 21P22 SW Update
Occupation
Actuary
Country flag
I do not remember an official list of acceptable equivalences. the list that you find for Amazon is literally what you need. If your dealership won’t accept those they are crazy. Mine totally excepted and thanked me for having the parts that I got from Amazon. They work and if they give you any crap about it is there a way you can go to a different dealership?
Apparently the information is in TSB 22-2150 issued yesterday. My dealer has it and is going to order the adapters from Amazon, which he was reluctant to do before.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Apparently the information is in TSB 22-2150 issued yesterday. My dealer has it and is going to order the adapters from Amazon, which he was reluctant to do before.
The updated info did add in some adapters that are known to work, including the amazon basics one:

USB-to-Ethernet adapter: These adapters have been validated through Ford service testing.
Trendnet TU2-ET100 USB2.0
Trendnet TU3-ETG USB 3.0
Startech USB31000S USB 3.0
UGREEN USB USB 3.0 model no 40321
Amazon Basics USB 3.0 U3-GE-1P.

NOTE: Ford has received feedback from technicians that the following USB-to-Ethernet adapters do not work and should not be used:
TP-Link USB3 - 10/100/1000
Cable Creations 10/100/1000 USB3
UGREEN USB2 - 10/100
Cable Leader USB 2.0
UGREEN ‎FBA_20256

Matstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
It’s take 3 days to my dealer to complete the update. Apparently it was crashing many times.
Now the car seems to be unstuck. But I don’t know what software version it is now.

HowdyDoody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Got the car back after two days at the dealer. I’m unstuck and am updated all the way to sketch/blocks etc. I can toggle on updates and schedule but my updates screen doesn’t give a version number. Dealer said they installed blue cruise. Couple issues though - I currently don’t have the ability to use intelligent cruise control. It doesn’t get the blue bubble. I have not tried it yet on a blue cruise highway. Secondly, I didn’t get any notifications on FordPass that any of the updates were done. But they definitely were and my FordPass seems to be working normally. I was able to remote start. Anyone else experience these issues after the fix ?

Jonrd2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
Got the car back after two days at the dealer. I’m unstuck and am updated all the way to sketch/blocks etc. I can toggle on updates and schedule but my updates screen doesn’t give a version number. Dealer said they installed blue cruise. Couple issues though - I currently don’t have the ability to use intelligent cruise control. It doesn’t get the blue bubble. I have not tried it yet on a blue cruise highway. Secondly, I didn’t get any notifications on FordPass that any of the updates were done. But they definitely were and my FordPass seems to be working normally. I was able to remote start. Anyone else experience these issues after the fix ?
The only notice I got in FordPass was that BlueCruise was activated. Did you check that in your Connected Services?

jwhamlin244

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium
Country flag
Brought my car into the dealer for the windshield recalls and the TSB + Bluecruise updates.
They said they've done the recall at least 20 times, and were very confident in the software updates as well.
I still called them in advance to make sure they had the equipment, and printed out all the instructions and left them in the car....you know, just to be safe.

They said it will be 7-10 days to get everything complete.

In a rental Kia Niro EV, so that's interesting.
Wish me luck!

kulaga

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium ER Grey, 2023 MME GT Black
Country flag
Got my car back Friday. Took a few days and them having to try with multiple adapters. I can toggle on automatic updates, but can only select one day. I've got the notepad app, SiriusXM has three lines (station, artist and title) and the navigation system now has reviews and a different (better) interface. I see Intelligent Cruise but cannot select it. Definitely changes but not yet up to current. No OTAs last two nights. I think I'm unstuck but waiting for OTAs. Some progress at least.

TheCount2

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Actuary
Country flag
I’m going in for 22-2117 and BlueCruise update this week. I have always been able to select either automatic updates or a single day of the week and time but it’s useless so far.
Also, after 6 months I still can’t get voice command to select a satellite radio or AM station, as it always says it’s playing it on Apple Music, to which I do not subscribe. I do always have Apple CarPlay active. Any thoughts?

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
it went backward as I now cannot turn on Intelligent CC. Still have dashes for my Sync version and can not turn on Auto Update. However, they did fix a few things like my driver side passenger door can now be opened without having to open the driver's door first and Whisper is now at the top of the Driving Mode list. PaaK might work now but think I will carry the Fob for now. (UPDATE: PaaK is working again!)

Service Manager now claims the adapters they got from Ford last week do not work. Ford put out a list of ones which do work and once they get them, I will get called back in to try this fix again.
Dealer called late last week. They want me to drop my Mach-e off to them tomorrow. I will get a loaner this time. Of course, this TSB has now been updated to 22-2150. Will be interesting when I tell them this. I have printed out all the TSB and CSP needed to get it unstuck and updated up through BlueCruise.

In the meantime, Ford contacted me after I complained on Twitter. Ford called me on Saturday to tell me they are working on this issue and will contact me on Monday (tomorrow). I told them to call my dealer as that is where my Mach-e will be.

Will update here when I hear if they are making progress or not.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I’m going in for 22-2117 and BlueCruise update this week. I have always been able to select either automatic updates or a single day of the week and time but it’s useless so far.
Also, after 6 months I still can’t get voice command to select a satellite radio or AM station, as it always says it’s playing it on Apple Music, to which I do not subscribe. I do always have Apple CarPlay active. Any thoughts?
If you’ve got CarPlay active, you’re taking to Siri, not Ford assistant, so Siri can’t do stuff with the radio. You can still set it to work with “OK Ford” though, the steering wheel button just won’t bring it up while in CarPlay

HowdyDoody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I'm confused. Prior to getting unstuck last week, I had a cruise control that my daughter referred to as "bubble driving". When in cruise control, a blue bubble would appear on the display around the car icon, and the car would keep me in lane - sort of like blue cruise but instead of hands free, I got reminders to touch the wheel every 20 seconds. I'm now unstuck, and updated through 2.3.0. Is it normal to have lost this functionality? Was it normal to have had it in the first place on my 1H21 vehicle?

TheCount2

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Actuary
Country flag
I have the blue bubble which is intelligent cruise control and Lane keeping both engaged, on my Job 1 waiting for the 22-2117 updates. Some here have reported losing intelligent cruis control after updates for BlueCruise. I never got a reminder to pay attention or touch the wheel.

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
If you’ve got CarPlay active, you’re taking to Siri, not Ford assistant, so Siri can’t do stuff with the radio. You can still set it to work with “OK Ford” though, the steering wheel button just won’t bring it up while in CarPlay
I do not know if Android Auto is different, but when I briefly press the steering wheel button I get Ford Assistant. When I do a long press of the button I get Android Auto.

smartino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Mach E First Edition, 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
While CarPlay is active if you do a quick press of the talk button you will get the Ford assistant, long press on the talk button you will get SIRI.
Sponsored