Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
After a one day delay due to not having a loaner available, I dropped off Max this morning. Since, I got the following alerts on FordPass. I am assuming this is normal as they update different modules. I told them to update their FDRS to the latest version. Not sure if the Service Manager cared. I sure hope they put a charger on the 12V this time!

Ford Mustang Mach-E TSB 22-2117 - Fix for Stuck Power-Up 1.7.1 Update errors_20220419
Sponsored

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
After a one day delay due to not having a loaner available, I dropped off Max this morning. Since, I got the following alerts on FordPass. I am assuming this is normal as they update different modules. I told them to update their FDRS to the latest version. Not sure if the Service Manager cared. I sure hope they put a charger on the 12V this time!

Ford Mustang Mach-E TSB 22-2117 - Fix for Stuck Power-Up 1.7.1 Update errors_20220419
I got some of those errors while my car was in the shop too.

dfcliff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Got the car back after two days at the dealer. I’m unstuck and am updated all the way to sketch/blocks etc. I can toggle on updates and schedule but my updates screen doesn’t give a version number. Dealer said they installed blue cruise. Couple issues though - I currently don’t have the ability to use intelligent cruise control. It doesn’t get the blue bubble. I have not tried it yet on a blue cruise highway. Secondly, I didn’t get any notifications on FordPass that any of the updates were done. But they definitely were and my FordPass seems to be working normally. I was able to remote start. Anyone else experience these issues after the fix ?
I'm confused. Prior to getting unstuck last week, I had a cruise control that my daughter referred to as "bubble driving". When in cruise control, a blue bubble would appear on the display around the car icon, and the car would keep me in lane - sort of like blue cruise but instead of hands free, I got reminders to touch the wheel every 20 seconds. I'm now unstuck, and updated through 2.3.0. Is it normal to have lost this functionality? Was it normal to have had it in the first place on my 1H21 vehicle?
This is the current status of my car. Supposedly they did the 21G01 update (I actually took it in for the 22-2117 fix). There's quite a few updates to the interfaces on the screens, new apps, etc, but no BlueCruise and the Hands-on lane centering no longer works. I've lost patience with my local dealer so I ordered the equipment to do the updates myself.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
This is the current status of my car. Supposedly they did the 21G01 update (I actually took it in for the 22-2117 fix). There's quite a few updates to the interfaces on the screens, new apps, etc, but no BlueCruise and the Hands-on lane centering no longer works. I've lost patience with my local dealer so I ordered the equipment to do the updates myself.
I've seen that several people have lost the hands-on cruise control option. I'm curious if it actually went away, or perhaps the setting to enable that in the menus got reset to disabled? Many people have mentioned that updates changed user settings. That hands-on option has to be turned on or else you have legacy speed-only cruise control. Just a hopeful thought. I'm scheduled for the software fix next week.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
This is the same state I am in with the car I was doing updates on. All have applied, but can't get lane centering to engage, which means BC won't engage either. I don't think this is all on your dealer, The FDRS issue likely caused some confusion in the database.

dfcliff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've seen that several people have lost the hands-on cruise control option. I'm curious if it actually went away, or perhaps the setting to enable that in the menus got reset to disabled? Many people have mentioned that updates changed user settings. That hands-on option has to be turned on or else you have legacy speed-only cruise control. Just a hopeful thought. I'm scheduled for the software fix next week.
I verified it's enabled in the settings. Even disabled and re-enabled it. Still no luck.

dougni

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 California Route 1 RWD Ext (Job 1)
Country flag
It took my dealership two full days to update everything from the TSB to the BlueCruise updates. They took it for a test drive this morning and it wasn't working (probably this hands-free issue/lane centering?). They told me it needed more updates. It took them another half-day and it should be all done now. I'm on my way to pick it up. We shall see.

dfcliff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is the same state I am in with the car I was doing updates on. All have applied, but can't get lane centering to engage, which means BC won't engage either. I don't think this is all on your dealer, The FDRS issue likely caused some confusion in the database.
That's very possible. But I had a chance to speak with the tech that was working on the car, and either A) the service writer didn't communicate what I was wanting done to the tech or B) someone is lying about what was said.

I originally went in there for the 22-2117 and what they did was the 22G01. The tech told me that's the only instruction they received from the service writer. My car was stuck on the 1.7.1 update failed. When I talked with the tech they said they were still waiting on the parts (adapters) and couldn't do the 22-2117.

Right now I'm leaning towards an out-of-order update process that has left some modules needing updates that don't quite match with the ones that did get updated.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
That's very possible. But I had a chance to speak with the tech that was working on the car, and either A) the service writer didn't communicate what I was wanting done to the tech or B) someone is lying about what was said.

I originally went in there for the 22-2117 and what they did was the 22G01. The tech told me that's the only instruction they received from the service writer. My car was stuck on the 1.7.1 update failed. When I talked with the tech they said they were still waiting on the parts (adapters) and couldn't do the 22-2117.

Right now I'm leaning towards an out-of-order update process that has left some modules needing updates that don't quite match with the ones that did get updated.
the 2nd and 3rd updates in 21G01 are the TCU and APIM, and specifically state if they fail to preform 22-2117. SO if they went on without doing that, then yes, they did it out of order and caused more problems.

12. Select TCU - Telematics Control Unit (TCU) - software update.
• Run application.
• If error message on SYNC display screen or no activity after 10 minutes.
• See TSB 22-2117 - Module Recovery.
• Retry TCU software update with same USB drive.

13. Select APIM - Accessory Protocol Interface Module (APIM/SYNC) - software update.
• Run application.
• Follow General Service Bulletin (GSB) 21-7088 - SYNC Programming, USB flash drive method.
• If error message on SYNC display screen or no activity after 10 minutes.
• See TSB 22-2117 - Module Recovery.
• Retry APIM software update with same USB drive.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Dealer called late last week. They want me to drop my Mach-e off to them tomorrow. I will get a loaner this time. Of course, this TSB has now been updated to 22-2150. Will be interesting when I tell them this. I have printed out all the TSB and CSP needed to get it unstuck and updated up through BlueCruise.

In the meantime, Ford contacted me after I complained on Twitter. Ford called me on Saturday to tell me they are working on this issue and will contact me on Monday (tomorrow). I told them to call my dealer as that is where my Mach-e will be.

Will update here when I hear if they are making progress or not.
Dropped the car off this morning (delayed a day due to Loaner availability) and got a call late this afternoon that it was "all set". Call me skeptical so I asked @generaltso to check if there were any updates left to do. First, the dealer's service techs did much better than the last time. However, looks like they have a few more updates to go to finish up.

Ford Mustang Mach-E TSB 22-2117 - Fix for Stuck Power-Up 1.7.1 Update Max_Update_List_20220419

@generaltso analysis is:

This is what's still available. So it looks like they did most of the BlueCruise updates, but not the IPC. Others have reported being left in a weird state where adaptive cruise control doesn't work anymore if all the BC updates aren't completed. They also really should do the OBCC and RFA since those are included in 21P22.

Will present this to the Service Manager in the morning. Should be an interesting conversation.

UPDATE: Downloaded and installed the FordPass Scriptable Widget and it is reporting I have SYNC4 20301.

Last edited:

HowdyDoody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Success! Finally! For those that have gotten the updates but Blue Cruise failed and Adaptive Cruise Control wasn't working: Took car in this morning. Dealer notes say they made sure they were using the latest FDRS, then checked for updates, and found 1 more APIM and 1 more GWM update. They then "cleared the codes" (?), test drove and all is operating. Sync now also shows 22034_PRODUCT Revision: 364.

Case closed!

dfcliff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What are you disabling and enabling? I can't find any related options.
It's in the driver assistance options. I "think" it's under the cruise control menu item, but I'm not at my car to check.