SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Hi. I contacted my dealership today about the fix. I felt like I was speaking a foreign language. They had no idea what I was talking about and they saw no reason why I needed this fixed. I love my car . My previous car was a Tesla. This is one area that Tesla definitely has the edge. When you call them about a problem with technology. They get it. This is very frustrating
I feel I had the same experience today.
Sponsored

dfcliff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Hi. I contacted my dealership today about the fix. I felt like I was speaking a foreign language. They had no idea what I was talking about and they saw no reason why I needed this fixed. I love my car . My previous car was a Tesla. This is one area that Tesla definitely has the edge. When you call them about a problem with technology. They get it. This is very frustrating
So I had some luck in this method, but it didn't work out in the end anyway because they couldn't follow the written instructions...

When you call them to schedule the fix, tell them the symptoms you have that match the TSB or CSP that you're requesting, and then reference the document.

For example, tell them, "My Over the air update has failed and is stuck on version 1.7.1 and hasn't been updated since December 2021..." Then reference TSB 22-2117 and TSB 22-2150.

When they look up those TSBs your symptoms will match the "Issue" that Ford describes.

TheCount2

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Select with BlueCruise Job 1 21P22 SW Update
Occupation
Actuary
Country flag
I have an appointment to bring my vehicle in tomorrow for the fix. I know the dealer has delivered other 2021 Job 1 Mach-e’s with the Prep package but mine is the first he’s doing and I’m not sure if any other owners are requesting this update. Wish I wasn’t the first but so far they are being methodical.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Another update to this was posted today.

Attachments

EVguy

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Star White Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi all. I thought I would add my saga to this software update fiasco. It is a little long but at this point I find these scenarios to be amusing. It is like watching a slow moving disaster.

I also was stuck at the 1.7 OTA since October 2021. I had been following this site and was aware that this was a known issue Ford was working on, so I bided my time. A few months ago, I contacted the Fordpass Customer Service Experience (CSE) number for status. They were very knowledgeable and helpful in explaining this issue and delay in sending out a fix; but felt it was imminent. It actually took about 6 weeks for the fix to go out and I actually saw information about this fix on this site first. A few days later I received an email from Ford to take my car into the dealership for them to apply the TSB 22-2117 and also to apply the FSA 21G01 to install Blue Cruise.

Because of my prior experience with my local Ford dealer, I knew that this would probably not go smoothly. So, in preparation for this visit, I read the TSB, obtained the necessary cables and adapters, called my service rep and explained what would be needed, and emailed him the TSB. When I took the vehicle in, his system displayed that the TSB and FSA listed above were needed on my car. I had a copy of TSB and necessary cables and adapters on the passenger seat and pointed these out to the rep. So I was hopeful all would go smoothly.

I called usually only once a day to get status. I was told this was a major deal and that they needed to remove the radio (?) and obtain adapters, etc. which was causing a delay (duh). Four days later, they told me the car was ready.

When I received the vehicle, the work order showed the TSB was done, but no specific reference to the Blue Cruise FSA. I was told all updates were done on 4/5/22. As nothing was showing up in the settings, I contacted Ford CSE again. They stated that it might take a few days for everything to update, so again I waited. They explained that Blue Cruise installatiion could be verified under Sync and also with a Hands Free option under Cruise Control settings (not showing on my car yet.). They also mentioned that it is recommended that the vehicle be plugged in if possible and that the vehicle Park Brake be engaged as this sometimes caused the update to fail. On 4/11 I saw the first OTA for 2.1. While not significant, it did look like I was going to receive OTA once again. On 4/16 I got 2.4 and on 4/19 I got 2.4.1. At this time I was also able to set multiple update schedules and did so.

I waited another week but saw no further updates or Blue Cruise. So I contacted Ford CSE again. They checked and indicated that the system showed that FSA 21G01 was still showing not installed. They stated that sometimes warranty billing issues can delay this showing up, but felt that the sync settings should display Blue Cruise Hands Free option and also an effective date for it to be active - which were not showing up in my car. They advised me to take it back to the dealer. So back to the dealer I went.

I explained all the above and was told their service department and tech were told that the TSB 22-2117 software update included the Blue Cruise installation. I told them that this was not my understanding, but made an appointment for the next day. I also wanted them to do the 10K warranty service. When I took it in the next day, another service rep also stated that the original update should have done both, but I left it with them to install the FSA that was outstanding. I did notice that I was being charged $52 for an oil change as part of my 10K service. I explained to them that this was impossible and the rep initially stated that this was part of the service. They looked it up and eventually removed the oil change request.

So after being there all day, I called to check on status and was told that they had their office calling Ford because they could not do the FSA update and be paid as they had submitted this in the original TSB work to include this work. So I patiently waited for them to sort this out.

The following day, out of the blue, Ford CSE called me to check on how my updates were going. They were following up because it did not look like I was getting any updates that needed to be done while the vehicle was off. I affirmed that I had set the vehicle to receive updates automatically and had set up multiple schedules, etc. While discussing this, I mentioned that my vehicle was currently in the shop for the FSA Blue Cruise update. I also mentioned my frustration with dealership not seeming to be very knowledgeable about anything Mach E related. He did inform me that the TSB 22-2117 had been updated by TSB 22-2150 which essentially included the original OTA 1.7 fix and the Blue Cruise FSA. I thought this might explain the confusion.

As I was going to be in the dealership area that afternoon, I dropped by to see what was going on. I was told that they had been in contact with Ford technical support and that they wanted the dealership to verify Blue Cruise was working by doing a test drive. The nearest Blue Cruise highway was 25 miles away. I thought that was strange, as I had seen where this was only required if such a highway was within 1/2 mile of the dealership. I asked if they had verified the settings section now had Blue Cruise entries, but I was ignored. As the Service manager was getting ready to take the car on this test drive, I asked to speak to him to see what he might say. He quickly brushed me off and implied they were on top of this and that they were all learning about this new stuff. So I let it go again. As it was noon time, they thought the car should be ready to release after the test drive.

Of course, I did not hear from them that day. I suspected that they still had not installed the FSA and were telling Ford it had been done. I think this is why Ford insisted on the test drive to verify Blue Cruise was working. I called this morning for status and was told Blue Cruise had not worked on the test drive and that they were now installing the update for it.

You can't make this stuff up. The ONLY positive to this story is that the Ford CSE is excellent. I have called them about 5-6 times in the past year, and the staff have been friendly, knowledgeable and interested in finding a solution. The dealership, on the other hand, does not respond to requests for return calls, emails or texts asking for information -- even when I reply to texts they have sent me suggesting I reply to the text if I need any assistance.

Ajax

First Name
Ajax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue 4x Extended
Country flag
Called before the dealership closed today. Apparently they completed the first "round" of updates and the tech is coming in tomorrow to finish things up. I should have it back on Monday! In the meantime, I'll enjoy lurching around in my rental monster truck, er, F-150.
Got my car back from the dealership today. Automatic updates are now on, and I have the option to set a schedule now. Hooray! Sync is now revision 252.

What's the consensus here on actually getting an update now? Drive around for a while, then install? Or schedule a time and wait?

TheCount2

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Actuary
Country flag
Hi all. I thought I would add my saga to this software update fiasco. It is a little long but at this point I find these scenarios to be amusing. It is like watching a slow moving disaster.

I also was stuck at the 1.7 OTA since October 2021. I had been following this site and was aware that this was a known issue Ford was working on, so I bided my time. A few months ago, I contacted the Fordpass Customer Service Experience (CSE) number for status. They were very knowledgeable and helpful in explaining this issue and delay in sending out a fix; but felt it was imminent. It actually took about 6 weeks for the fix to go out and I actually saw information about this fix on this site first. A few days later I received an email from Ford to take my car into the dealership for them to apply the TSB 22-2117 and also to apply the FSA 21G01 to install Blue Cruise.

Because of my prior experience with my local Ford dealer, I knew that this would probably not go smoothly. So, in preparation for this visit, I read the TSB, obtained the necessary cables and adapters, called my service rep and explained what would be needed, and emailed him the TSB. When I took the vehicle in, his system displayed that the TSB and FSA listed above were needed on my car. I had a copy of TSB and necessary cables and adapters on the passenger seat and pointed these out to the rep. So I was hopeful all would go smoothly.

I called usually only once a day to get status. I was told this was a major deal and that they needed to remove the radio (?) and obtain adapters, etc. which was causing a delay (duh). Four days later, they told me the car was ready.

When I received the vehicle, the work order showed the TSB was done, but no specific reference to the Blue Cruise FSA. I was told all updates were done on 4/5/22. As nothing was showing up in the settings, I contacted Ford CSE again. They stated that it might take a few days for everything to update, so again I waited. They explained that Blue Cruise installatiion could be verified under Sync and also with a Hands Free option under Cruise Control settings (not showing on my car yet.). They also mentioned that it is recommended that the vehicle be plugged in if possible and that the vehicle Park Brake be engaged as this sometimes caused the update to fail. On 4/11 I saw the first OTA for 2.1. While not significant, it did look like I was going to receive OTA once again. On 4/16 I got 2.4 and on 4/19 I got 2.4.1. At this time I was also able to set multiple update schedules and did so.

I waited another week but saw no further updates or Blue Cruise. So I contacted Ford CSE again. They checked and indicated that the system showed that FSA 21G01 was still showing not installed. They stated that sometimes warranty billing issues can delay this showing up, but felt that the sync settings should display Blue Cruise Hands Free option and also an effective date for it to be active - which were not showing up in my car. They advised me to take it back to the dealer. So back to the dealer I went.

I explained all the above and was told their service department and tech were told that the TSB 22-2117 software update included the Blue Cruise installation. I told them that this was not my understanding, but made an appointment for the next day. I also wanted them to do the 10K warranty service. When I took it in the next day, another service rep also stated that the original update should have done both, but I left it with them to install the FSA that was outstanding. I did notice that I was being charged $52 for an oil change as part of my 10K service. I explained to them that this was impossible and the rep initially stated that this was part of the service. They looked it up and eventually removed the oil change request.

So after being there all day, I called to check on status and was told that they had their office calling Ford because they could not do the FSA update and be paid as they had submitted this in the original TSB work to include this work. So I patiently waited for them to sort this out.

The following day, out of the blue, Ford CSE called me to check on how my updates were going. They were following up because it did not look like I was getting any updates that needed to be done while the vehicle was off. I affirmed that I had set the vehicle to receive updates automatically and had set up multiple schedules, etc. While discussing this, I mentioned that my vehicle was currently in the shop for the FSA Blue Cruise update. I also mentioned my frustration with dealership not seeming to be very knowledgeable about anything Mach E related. He did inform me that the TSB 22-2117 had been updated by TSB 22-2150 which essentially included the original OTA 1.7 fix and the Blue Cruise FSA. I thought this might explain the confusion.

As I was going to be in the dealership area that afternoon, I dropped by to see what was going on. I was told that they had been in contact with Ford technical support and that they wanted the dealership to verify Blue Cruise was working by doing a test drive. The nearest Blue Cruise highway was 25 miles away. I thought that was strange, as I had seen where this was only required if such a highway was within 1/2 mile of the dealership. I asked if they had verified the settings section now had Blue Cruise entries, but I was ignored. As the Service manager was getting ready to take the car on this test drive, I asked to speak to him to see what he might say. He quickly brushed me off and implied they were on top of this and that they were all learning about this new stuff. So I let it go again. As it was noon time, they thought the car should be ready to release after the test drive.

Of course, I did not hear from them that day. I suspected that they still had not installed the FSA and were telling Ford it had been done. I think this is why Ford insisted on the test drive to verify Blue Cruise was working. I called this morning for status and was told Blue Cruise had not worked on the test drive and that they were now installing the update for it.

You can't make this stuff up. The ONLY positive to this story is that the Ford CSE is excellent. I have called them about 5-6 times in the past year, and the staff have been friendly, knowledgeable and interested in finding a solution. The dealership, on the other hand, does not respond to requests for return calls, emails or texts asking for information -- even when I reply to texts they have sent me suggesting I reply to the text if I need any assistance.
My first two experiences with two different Ford CSEs have been poor, although a third actually contacted me after I posted here that my Sync screen was blank. First two were no help regarding stuck updates and ignored my question subsequent to issuance of 22-2117 and getting the required parts to my dealer.

TheCount2

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Actuary
Country flag
My first two experiences with two different Ford CSEs have been poor, although a third actually contacted me after I posted here that my Sync screen was blank. First two were no help regarding stuck updates and ignored my question subsequent to issuance of 22-2117 and getting the required parts to my dealer.
Now finishing up the second day of dealer service department trying to perform the updates. No end in sight, so we will go into next week. This morning my FordPass Home Screen went from updated at 7:29 AM to updated January 1, 2000; so I’m guessing that the 12v battery discharged or was disconnected, however now it says updated 3 minutes ago. So maybe we are back on a slow track for updates.

LaurelBrooke

First Name
LC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E Select AWD, Ram Rebel Quad Cab
Country flag
Just got car back. APIM replaced and blue cruise installed.

Sync revision 415
Ford PowerUp 2.1 currently, hopefully more updates soon.
Blue Cruise installed

I think I saw people mention it, but wanted to also say that the blue cruise update removes lane CENTERING - leaving the car with a pretty passive lane keep assist even at the highest setting. There's a press release eluding to this with blue cruise from January so the driver is able to drive collaboratively with the car vs. Fully passing controls.

I am not am early access customer, so really not sure if I'm actually able to take advantage of Blue Cruise until it is formally released or I have to wait for the additional powerups or both.

Per Field Engineer: major update in June/July for 2021s that would allow for two key fobs and additional fixes? Unsure if I'll hang my hat on that - unless it also means Frunk.......

TheCount2

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Actuary
Country flag
Now finishing up the second day of dealer service department trying to perform the updates. No end in sight, so we will go into next week. This morning my FordPass Home Screen went from updated at 7:29 AM to updated January 1, 2000; so I’m guessing that the 12v battery discharged or was disconnected, however now it says updated 3 minutes ago. So maybe we are back on a slow track for updates.
Day 3 come and gone, and not even a call from the dealer. Called them at 4:30 and service manager was already gone for the day.

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
Just got car back. APIM replaced and blue cruise installed.

Sync revision 415
Ford PowerUp 2.1 currently, hopefully more updates soon.
Blue Cruise installed

I think I saw people mention it, but wanted to also say that the blue cruise update removes lane CENTERING - leaving the car with a pretty passive lane keep assist even at the highest setting. There's a press release eluding to this with blue cruise from January so the driver is able to drive collaboratively with the car vs. Fully passing controls.

I am not am early access customer, so really not sure if I'm actually able to take advantage of Blue Cruise until it is formally released or I have to wait for the additional powerups or both.

Per Field Engineer: major update in June/July for 2021s that would allow for two key fobs and additional fixes? Unsure if I'll hang my hat on that - unless it also means Frunk.......
Why would an update be needed for two fobs??? Thought that was just a hardware (like actually getting us a dang fob!) issue

desiato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
(cross-posting this to the various 1.7.1-stuck threads)

Just wanted to post an update here for those in the Boston/New England area that Sentry Ford in Medford was able to get me in and out in 2.5 business days (Thu, Fri, half of Mon) and apply 21P22, 22B08, and 21G01. This is on a Job1, non-EA Select AWD w/ comfort-tech package that had been stuck on the 1.7.1 update since December. Build date early/mid July 2021. Am now on Sync 22095_PRODUCT Rev 421 which I believe is Power Up 2.8.3.

I had purchased all the adapters for the TSB and printed it out, but they were left unopened. I believe I was the 2nd Mach-E that their master tech had done these updates to.

So if it's close (enough) to you, give Sentry Ford in Medford, MA a try!

Also big thanks to @generaltso for getting me some FDRS details over the week so I could see specific progress on the work.

Last edited:

Daniel San

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I joined the forum as I was so excited to finally see Ford has an update to fix the constant issues with updates. We have a 2021 Select with Co-pilot 360 and we were really looking forward to Blue Cruise in the coming months. Our Mach E hasn't had an update for nearly a year so we took the Mach E into the dealership on Tuesday for the updates, hooray!!

After two days I got a call from the Tech and he stated "well it looks like your car doesn't want to accept the update, it keeps getting stuck" my reply "thats been the issue since we've had the car, but I thought this recall would fix it?" "nah we're being told when it gets stuck there isn't anything we can do, Ford told us we have to wait" I asked about replacing the module and he stated that's not something they're being told to do, so now I'm back to square one. I've been following this forum for a while and I'm seeing some people have no issue, and people like me have all the worst luck. Is it just down to techs not being knowledgeable??? or Ford not knowing what to do?

So I'm really just done at this point, we called another dealer and they stated they're not sure if they even have anyone that can work on the Mach E and they'd call me back. They never called me back.

Updates aren't a huge deal, but the customer service is at this point.

dfcliff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
I joined the forum as I was so excited to finally see Ford has an update to fix the constant issues with updates. We have a 2021 Select with Co-pilot 360 and we were really looking forward to Blue Cruise in the coming months. Our Mach E hasn't had an update for nearly a year so we took the Mach E into the dealership on Tuesday for the updates, hooray!!

After two days I got a call from the Tech and he stated "well it looks like your car doesn't want to accept the update, it keeps getting stuck" my reply "thats been the issue since we've had the car, but I thought this recall would fix it?" "nah we're being told when it gets stuck there isn't anything we can do, Ford told us we have to wait" I asked about replacing the module and he stated that's not something they're being told to do, so now I'm back to square one. I've been following this forum for a while and I'm seeing some people have no issue, and people like me have all the worst luck. Is it just down to techs not being knowledgeable??? or Ford not knowing what to do?

So I'm really just done at this point, we called another dealer and they stated they're not sure if they even have anyone that can work on the Mach E and they'd call me back. They never called me back.

If you'd like, PM your VIN number and I can look up what they actually did via FDRS. That may give you info to go back and talk with them.

TheCount2

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Actuary
Country flag

Ford made another fix in their server late Wednesday or early Thursday. You can mention this to your dealer, although they may not want to take advice from a customer.
Sponsored