TSB 22-2138 - Suspension Fault Warnings In Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) With DTC C1121:64

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Applies to GTPE with MagneRide only. As expected this is a software fix, update the VDM.

Issue: Some 2021 Mustang Mach-E GT vehicles may exhibit a Suspension Fault Speed Limited To 80 MPH (or 120 km/h) message or Driver Selectable Suspension Fault Service Required message in the IPC with diagnostic trouble code (DTC) C1121:64. This may be due to the vehicle dynamics module (VDM) software. To correct the condition, follow the service procedure to reprogram the VDM.

Action: Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition on vehicles that meet all of the following criteria:
  • 2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
  • Suspension Fault Speed Limited To 80 MPH (or 120 km/h) message or Driver Selectable Suspension Fault Service Required message in the IPC with DTC C1121:64
Service Procedure

1. Perform the VDM-Software Update using the latest software level of the Ford Diagnosis and Repair System (FDRS).
Sponsored

Attachments

newmme

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
Is this an OTA? or another trip to the dealership?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
So I'm guessing those that had this done and then it still fail was a component issue or they fall into the group where it isn't a software issue?

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
So I'm guessing those that had this done and then it still fail was a component issue or they fall into the group where it isn't a software issue?
Unless the VDM was updated in the past couple of weeks you might not have the latest version. If you still have issues after the update they might be hardware related. Several have reported that update fixes the warning messages.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I just got this warning 2 days in a row once in the morning when when the car was cold. Driving or clearing the DTC did not have it return which I would expect if my suspension has a hardware issue.

I have the latest VDM software. I’m debating whether I note this since I’m due for my 10k service anyhow but I think the dealer would wander in the wilderness, and not fix anything without the code being there persistently.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I just got this warning 2 days in a row once in the morning when when the car was cold. Driving or clearing the DTC did not have it return which I would expect if my suspension has a hardware issue.

I have the latest VDM software. I’m debating whether I note this since I’m due for my 10k service anyhow but I think the dealer would wander in the wilderness, and not fix anything without the code being there persistently.
Hey there! I can look into your Mach-E’s error message concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Hey there! I can look into your Mach-E’s error message concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?
I will do so if this continues to be a problem -- right now it only happened twice, and nothing since then.

bcb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE GT PE Prius Plug-In
Occupation
Retired (former software engineer/cloud analytics)
Country flag
Hi, my 2021 GTPE has been doing this for almost a year. I figure I better have it looked at while its under warranty. I will DM you. Thank You very much for helping us out on this forum!!!

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Hi, my 2021 GTPE has been doing this for almost a year. I figure I better have it looked at while its under warranty. I will DM you. Thank You very much for helping us out on this forum!!!
Just take it to a dealer and get the VDM update.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Well, I had the VDM update, and it held for about 6 months, have another suspension fault. God, I’ve had more problems with the MME in one year and less than 20k miles than I’ve had with a Mazda 3 in 12 years and 155k miles.
Sponsored