Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Damaged wiring near the parking brake connectors can cause this error. It may be intermittent.

EDIT: CSP 22P31 has been released for this issue.

TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN 22-2143
Parking Brake Fault Service Now Message In IPC - DTCs C2008, C2007,C1034, U0293 And/Or U0100 - Built On Or Before 15-Mar-2022

Issue: Some 2021-2022 Mustang Mach-E vehicles built on or before 15-Mar-2022 may exhibit a Parking Brake Fault Service Now message in the instrument panel cluster (IPC) and DTCs C2007, C2008, C1034, U0293 and/or U0100 in the anti-lock brake system (ABS) module. This may be due to an open/corroded circuit near the rear brake caliper. To correct the condition, follow the Service Procedure to replace the electronic parking brake (EPB) connector.

Action: Follow the Service Procedure steps to repair vehicles that meet all of the following criteria:

ā€¢ 2021-2022 Mustang Mach-E
ā€¢ Built on or before 15-Mar-2022
ā€¢ At least one of the following:
- Parking Brake Fault Service Now message in the IPC
- DTCs C2007, C2008, C1034, U0293 and/or U0100
Service Procedure:
Involves replacement of the electric parking brake connectors at the wheels, see PDF.
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

noway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
Apparently this TSB does not exist here yet, but this happened to my car. Looking at the green stuff it has been going on for a long time before it actually broke off completely.

This is so much a common issue I cannot understand how they can just keep using this kind of taped wire harness and not a flexible spring tube or anything else on these wires going through the moving suspension.

Hint for those experiencing this suddenly, if parking brake is applied and it suddenly can't be retracted, just moving the wheel up and down on the suspension by jacking or moving slowly to even or uneven area, just to move the suspension may "fix" this issue enough to retract the brake to avoid having to tow the car away. (Read last paragraph before doing this!) The connector going to the caliper can be unplugged by hand through the rim after it is retracted to avoid being automatically applied until it can be fixed. The brake can also be disengaged mechanically by turning a bolt on the back side of the brake motor.

The electrical connection is used only for parking brake, but be aware if disconnected that if in auto hold or one pedal drive, if left for a long time in drive and stopped with brakes applied the car will switch to parking brake automatically without park being applied, so it may automatically switch to using just one or possible no brakes if car is used with one of the parking brakes disconnected. Use this to drive to a shop to have the wires spliced only, and consider turning off one pedal drive and auto hold.

Ford Mustang Mach-E TSB 22-2143 - Parking Brake Fault Service Now Message in Cluster 20220608_173107

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Wish I had seen this last week. It wasnā€™t on RVAtomā€™s list of TSBs so I wasnā€™t properly armed when I went to the dealer. My dealer insisted on doing the BlueCruise update to see if it would solve the intermittent park brake issue. In doing so they not only didnā€™t get BlueCruise installed, I now get continuous ā€œlow battery service soonā€ messages and my warning chimes now sound like an Atari 2600. But with the update ā€œcompletedā€ (according to them) they finally took a look at the wiring. šŸ˜±ā˜¹šŸ˜”šŸ˜­

Edit: I went ahead and added this to the list.

Last edited:

AndyP

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e, F150, RX350, MX5, Bronco
Country flag
Got bit by this today !!

Fixbear

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 SelectMachE4 SR , Mini SE
Occupation
retired, Construction Mechanic, Refrigeration tech, Ford, GMC, Chevy tech,
Country flag
Looks Like I just joined this club. Damned highway snow treatments.
Sponsored