First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Mustang v6, 2021 Mustang MachE Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
Here’s a rag for that word vomit.

You’ve either never owned a car or are a troll. Hmmmmmmm, both.
Ouch. I did own a car once but the rats ate it...I mean seriously man at least if you're going to argue with someone on if a problem is actually a problem use a more realistic issue related to the car's design. I'm sorry but a 12v battery shouldn't be dying with half a dozen other problems with the car. That's a bad design. DevSecOps already knows I had a 12v issue that did not have a problem with the HVJBC as he helped me get codes for it. They wound up replacing the BECM though along with the 12v. Do one google search and you'll find many 12v issues reported not just with the HVJBC. Systems should be powered down before you're entirely locked out of your car for good. A 60k car should be smart enough to notify users of an odd 12v charging issue long before you're stranded on the side of the road. Since Ford never tells you anything I have no real idea if the problem was with the BECM hardware, software on the BECM, or an actual bad 12v. Like most people on this forum that do not have the same kind of contacts DevSecOps does, you are guessing to the real cause of the problem unless you are Ford and knows exactly what software was installed on the BECM when the 12v failed.
Sponsored

metoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G8 GT
Country flag
There is no current recall for replacing the hardware.
I wonder how well that will hold up as a warranty-only fix considering that in Ford's own documented words, the hardware is not robust enough.

metoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G8 GT
Country flag
Yeah, unfortunately, there are going to be a lot of people, like me, that are going to have the hardware fail well before the software update ever gets applied. And even when it does eventually get applied, it doesn't undo the damage already done to the part. So stranding is likely still going to happen.
Are cars that have received the software update still being left standed?

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Are cars that have received the software update still being left standed?
I think I've seen 2 confirmed cases of cars with the recall get full bricked HVBJBs.

L4z3rUsLOng

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E AWD ER Prem
Country flag
FWIW a friend with similar rat-eating-insulation issues props the hoods of his cars open with a 2x4 sideways. Their rat exterminator told them to do it as rats don't like to nest in well ventilated areas... He hasn't has the problem since.
We had a martin eat out the head liner of our Mazda in Germany. They routinely add sonic or electrification of the engine compartment to keep the rodents out.

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
I had a SSN the other day at a level 2 charge station. I turned the car off an on again, it went away. I talked to my service adviser at the local dealership, they pulled up my vin and saw that I had a laundry list of error codes in the car . He scheduled me in for this week to get my second HVBJB replaced... I hope it actually fixes it.

cbcasas

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I had a SSN the other day at a level 2 charge station. I turned the car off an on again, it went away. I talked to my service adviser at the local dealership, they pulled up my vin and saw that I had a laundry list of error codes in the car . He scheduled me in for this week to get my second HVBJB replaced... I hope it actually fixes it.
Was the first HVBJB replacement the "upgraded" part?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
When was your first one replaced? It was before the recall and when they still didn't have the beefier HVBJB?

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
When was your first one replaced? It was before the recall and when they still didn't have the beefier HVBJB?
Looks like it was early May so that would be the old part still.

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
Yes it was replaced prior to the recall. I had it replaced late April of this year. I'm hopeful that this will be 'it'

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I like to help people on the Reddit forum sometimes, I usually send them links to this site, because there are not a lot of knowledgeable people on that site about this car.

So I told someone yesterday that they need to inform their dealer about this TSB and someone else got very offended that I would tell someone to mention a TSB. Like it would offend a tech if you had this information. It was very weird and really put me off helping people. I don't understand why being armed with the knowledge that there is this specific TSB is a bad thing?

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
So I told someone yesterday that they need to inform their dealer about this TSB and someone else got very offended that I would tell someone to mention a TSB. Like it would offend a tech if you had this information. It was very weird and really put me off helping people. I don't understand why being armed with the knowledge that there is this specific TSB is a bad thing?
Because many dealer mechanics and service managers have inflated egos, and handing them a TSB would insinuate that you know more about the problem than they do, even if it’s true. To a psychopath, this is a huge insult since their perceived self-worth is heavily based on their perception that they are smarter and more capable than their customers. Dealers are havens for psychopaths. Unfortunately a lot of this “defend my worth as a man” mentality is baked into blue-collar culture so some guys get really huffy when you question their logic or tell them what to do, like they can’t tolerate it at all.

In my field, questioning logic is viewed as a positive because it ensures the group is on the right track and there is consensus with one’s actions. I don’t get offended when people ask, and I admit when I’m wrong, not a big deal. I was also taken aback with some blue-collar encounters as a young adult until I figured out the bruised ego thing is strong. Like I fixed something they couldn’t and it sent them into a rage, it made no sense to me at the time. It’s them, not you, so don’t feel bad. Just be nice about it when you hand them the TSB.

I get it, a customer handing you a TSB might be a little off-putting, especially if that doesn’t end up being the problem and you waste time chasing it (which happens). But the response should be “Thanks, we’ll look into it” rather than “How dare you question my ability by handing me a TSB, get lost pal.” If your dealer is like the latter, go elsewhere because you might be wasting your time.

Last edited:

cbcasas

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
2021 First Edition (ER) and had HVBJB replaced with part NK4Z-10C666-C

cbcasas

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Where'd you end up going for the service?
I had Stop Safely Now (no recall software) and had to have it towed, so I was limited. Had it towed to the nearest dealer, Hemborg Ford in Norco, CA, after calling and confirming they can look at it. Things were initially fine but they seemingly ran into staffing issues with COVID so it was a 2-week ordeal. The only problem is that I got part NK4Z-10C666-C which the TSB states is for the Base model (my FE is AWD ER) but everything before the TSB says that the -C part is for ER? Lots of confusion on my end.
Sponsored