Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I had Stop Safely Now (no recall software) and had to have it towed, so I was limited. Had it towed to the nearest dealer, Hemborg Ford in Norco, CA, after calling and confirming they can look at it. Things were initially fine but they seemingly ran into staffing issues with COVID so it was a 2-week ordeal. The only problem is that I got part NK4Z-10C666-C which the TSB states is for the Base model (my FE is AWD ER) but everything before the TSB says that the -C part is for ER? Lots of confusion on my end.
Yeah, I believe the part number confusion is why @DevSecOps stopped posting and updating them. He's basically confirmed that when dealers older a HVBJB for a specific VIN, you should get the right part. Hopefully that's accurate!
Sponsored

ammadshami

First Name
Ammad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E Premium AWD Extended Range
Country flag
Welp we got the SSN error today when driving home from work. Funny thing is we got the OTA recall fix for 22S41 last week so this was kind of unexpected. The car didnt stall or die. We powered it off, and turned back on but the error didnt go away. The car drove fine as we were about 10 miles away from home. Its parked in our garage right now. What is likely my ETA to get this fixed? We dont feel safe driving it and are using our other cars temporarily. Should i have it towed to the dealer or risk driving there (20 min away)? Thoughts?

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Welp we got the SSN error today when driving home from work. Funny thing is we got the OTA recall fix for 22S41 last week so this was kind of unexpected. The car didnt stall or die. We powered it off, and turned back on but the error didnt go away. The car drove fine as we were about 10 miles away from home. Its parked in our garage right now. What is likely my ETA to get this fixed? We dont feel safe driving it and are using our other cars temporarily. Should i have it towed to the dealer or risk driving there (20 min away)? Thoughts?
You should be fine to drive it there as long as you aren't attempting to be spped racer

ammadshami

First Name
Ammad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You should be fine to drive it there as long as you aren't attempting to be spped racer
any thoughts on how/why this happened even after receiving the recall? I assumed the recall would stop this from happening....

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
any thoughts on how/why this happened even after receiving the recall? I assumed the recall would stop this from happening....
The damage was already done previously, the new software is just detecting it for the first time.

ammadshami

First Name
Ammad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The damage was already done previously, the new software is just detecting it for the first time.
wow i didnt know that was possible. considering the car didnt stall out, does that mean the damage done is "minor" so to speak? or will it need new parts you think?

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
wow i didnt know that was possible. considering the car didnt stall out, does that mean the damage done is "minor" so to speak? or will it need new parts you think?
You will need a new junction box, but be thankful that your car still drives until that gets done. The new software has hopefully stopped it from getting much worse before it completely bricks on you.

ammadshami

First Name
Ammad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You will need a new junction box, but be thankful that your car still drives until that gets done. The new software has hopefully stopped it from getting much worse before it completely bricks on you.
Thanks for the speedy replies. Do you know how long i can expect to be without the car? Gonna be tough to share a single car between both our jobs and my kids school. Is this a major fix requiring weeks and parts on backorder?

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Thanks for the speedy replies. Do you know how long i can expect to be without the car? Gonna be tough to share a single car between both our jobs and my kids school. Is this a major fix requiring weeks and parts on backorder?
In theory the dealer could scan the car tomorrow, see the codes in this TSB, and order the replacement part. They can give the car back to you after scanning it. Part would arrive in a couple days, Mon/Tues so they could perform the repair after that. You should only have to leave your car on the day of the repair. So about a 1 week wait with the car out of service for a day or two. But things could really go downhill from there at some dealers that don't understand the process.

Some dealers may choose to keep the car the whole time and give you a rental, you should discuss your options. Ford will authorize rental once the codes verify you need a new HVBJB per this TSB.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
<SNIP>
To a psychopath, this is a huge insult since their perceived self-worth is heavily based on their perception that they are smarter and more capable than their customers. Dealers are havens for psychopaths. Unfortunately a lot of this “defend my worth as a man” mentality is baked into blue-collar culture so some guys get really huffy when you question their logic or tell them what to do, like they can’t tolerate it at all.
<SNIP>
But… Lee… I have always been smarter and more capable than most around me. I am a Poodle! 😎🐩

jbooth

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit, Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Y'all Premium ER AWDs with more and more failures are not raising my confidence here.

mwtechy

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Mustang v6, 2021 Mustang MachE Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
Because many dealer mechanics and service managers have inflated egos, and handing them a TSB would insinuate that you know more about the problem than they do, even if it’s true. To a psychopath, this is a huge insult since their perceived self-worth is heavily based on their perception that they are smarter and more capable than their customers. Dealers are havens for psychopaths. Unfortunately a lot of this “defend my worth as a man” mentality is baked into blue-collar culture so some guys get really huffy when you question their logic or tell them what to do, like they can’t tolerate it at all.

In my field, questioning logic is viewed as a positive because it ensures the group is on the right track and there is consensus with one’s actions.
An alternative viewpoint of this would be that following the orders of Ford corp is exactly the opposite of questioning logic since it turns the mechanic into just a drone following a script. While there are supposedly psychopaths everywhere in every field you should at least be able to see the huge differences between a job that allows you to troubleshoot something vs a job that forces you to follow a script. Very different types of people would be attracted to the job based on that alone with absolutely nothing todo with a person's ego or personality traits.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Y'all Premium ER AWDs with more and more failures are not raising my confidence here.
I’ve floored mine twice in the past 3 days to pass tourists gawking at Hawaii while doing 35 in a 60 zone. The car blew up. I was killed instantly.

Seriously, no issues. It runs fine. No stop safely or service soon message. Very few of us are going to get on these threads and say “My car runs fine.” It’s not the nature of our forum beasts.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
An alternative viewpoint of this would be that following the orders of Ford corp is exactly the opposite of questioning logic since it turns the mechanic into just a drone following a script. While there are supposedly psychopaths everywhere in every field you should at least be able to see the huge differences between a job that allows you to troubleshoot something vs a job that forces you to follow a script. Very different types of people would be attracted to the job based on that alone with absolutely nothing todo with a person's ego or personality traits.
I think Lee is talking more about service advisors than mechanics. Being a mechanic probably isn't attractive to psychopaths. Service advisors a lot of times like to act like they know more than the customer when in reality with people like us they generally know WAY less. I've had both good and bad service advisors over the years. Some will dismiss anything you tell them other than the basic complaint, others will write down every bit of info you have. They should treat it like "more information = faster diagnosis = faster to get out of here". If I was a tech I would read the complaint, then if a TSB was listed by the customer I would immediately read it before I started diagnosing. That way I can pinpoint faster or rule out that TSB quickly.

Diagnostic method is not taught well (or not retained well), especially in new vehicles with electronics. Most techs need hand holding by the Ford hotline which is just college students reading the workshop manual to these techs.

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
Update, The dealership is telling me the HVBJB is on back order.. they said the demand is greater than the supply of the updated part. waiting on an ETA
Sponsored