Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I did have this update on June 6th but one member of a FB group went to have this update today but they told him that it wasn't available anymore and they'll come with another solution next fall. Can somebody else confirm this?
If someone with FDRS wants to run my VIN I’m curious if it’s still available for me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I did have this update on June 6th but one member of a FB group went to have this update today but they told him that it wasn't available anymore and they'll come with another solution next fall. Can somebody else confirm this?
This TSB (22-2182) is still active and current. There has not been any service announcements that it has been pulled or delayed, so that seems like a dealer story to send him home (dealers sometimes make up stories so they don't have to work on your car). Unless the update has disappeared from FDRS for those that haven't gotten it, I think it's safe to say nothing has changed.

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
This TSB (22-2182) is still active and current. There has not been any service announcements that it has been pulled or delayed, so that seems like a dealer story to send him home (dealers sometimes make up stories so they don't have to work on your car). Unless the update has disappeared from FDRS for those that haven't gotten it, I think it's safe to say nothing has changed.
It was confirmed false by a tech from another dealer. Either didn't understand at all what the tech said or he was in a dealer that is very bad with Mach-E. I find it curious at first to see this without reading anything about it here.

Peter Rijs

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e AWD long range
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Driving at temps below 50F / 10C at highway speeds in a Mach-E will definitely have you arrive at your destination with freezing cold hands. At freezing temps that includes yr feet. The AWD ER goes for 73K euros (80K$) here, the least to be expected is to have it air tight. Have the car for 8 months now and dealer is not able to solve this. Nice drive, but all in all a piece of crap car.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Driving at temps below 50F / 10C at highway speeds in a Mach-E will definitely have you arrive at your destination with freezing cold hands. At freezing temps that includes yr feet. The AWD ER goes for 73K euros (80K$) here, the least to be expected is to have it air tight. Have the car for 8 months now and dealer is not able to solve this. Nice drive, but all in all a piece of crap car.
That has not been my experience at all. Sounds like your heater is not working and you should bring it to the dealership.

I have only had lack of heat when below freezing, the issue this recall is meant to address.

SebastienMachE

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Journey
Country flag
Not my experience at all! I have been driving below -20oC, no problem.
So don’t put us all in the same basket.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I have driven my car in temperatures close to and below 0 degrees F, which is a lot colder than your situation, and my cabin was very warm. Range was bad, but cabin was warm. It sounds like a problem with your car.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I have driven my car in temperatures close to and below 0 degrees F, which is a lot colder than your situation, and my cabin was very warm. Range was bad, but cabin was warm. It sounds like a problem with your car.
Almost like there might be a TSB covering the anemic heater.
Sponsored