breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
This is an updated version of TSB 21-2310 that will update GWM, TCU, APIM, IPC and/or IPMA modules so early build '21 vehicles have the latest software.

Summary

This article supersedes TSB 21-2310 to update the Issue, Action, Service Procedure.

Issue: Some 2021 Mach-E/F-150 vehicles may experience at least one of the following symptoms: audio settings resetting after a key cycle, Android Auto connection concerns, Sirius presets missing more than three pages after a key cycle, touchscreen freezing/locking up, Pro-Power Onboard messaging confusion after a tripped circuit breaker (F-150 only), WiFi keyboard defaulting to UK English, windows media audio (WMA) files not playing properly from a universal serial bus (USB) device, intermittent blank touchscreen, Apple CarPlay connection concerns, Bluetooth® connectivity concerns, Sirius XM loading concerns and/or unable to change Sirius XM channels. This may be due to the software in the accessory protocol interface module (APIM). To correct the condition, follow the Service Procedure to reprogram the APIM.

NOTE: The APIM software update that addresses the symptom listed in this article may have been sent via Ford Power-Up software updates delivered over-the-air (OTA) to connected vehicles that have automatic updates enabled through the SYNC 4 screen. Enter the vehicle identification number (VIN) in Professional Technician System (PTS) and check the OTA Dashboard under the Connected Vehicle tab for OTA update history. If an update to the APIM has been successfully completed recently and the customer is reporting the symptoms are no longer present, this article may not apply.

Action: Follow the Service Procedure to correct the condition on vehicles that meet all of the following criteria:
2021 Mustang Mach-E/F-150
One or more of the following customer symptoms:

- Audio settings resetting after a key cycle
- Android Auto connection concerns
- Sirius presets missing more than three pages after a key cycle
- Touchscreen freezing/locking up
- Pro-Power Onboard messaging confusion after a tripped circuit breaker (F-150 only)
- Wi-Fi keyboard defaulting to UK English
- WMA files not playing properly from a USB device
- Intermittent blank touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay connection concerns
- Bluetooth® connectivity concerns
- Sirius XM loading concerns
- Unable to change Sirius XM channels
Service procedure is attached, involves updating the GWM, TCU, APIM, IPC and/or IPMA modules to the latest version with FDRS.

View attachment TSB 22-2226.pdf
Sponsored

WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Between this and TSB's for RFA, WACM, and HVAC, I think just about anybody can now get free updates from the dealer for minor bugs. I think the only update I have seen which still does not have a TSB is for GSM.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I just noticed the "Related" button in the SiriusXM screen. Explored that for a bit and found some more programing that I was interested in. "I wonder how long that has been there?"
Answer: Since day 1. I went back to photos from when I took delivery and that button has been there the whole time. Only took me 16 months to try it out. :rolleyes:

Noctivigan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current GTPE Grabber Blue,Previous FE Grabber Blue
Country flag
Any one know what OTA update TSB 22-2226 is included on? reasoning, Ford referenced that the audio connection issue is addressed in TSB 22-2226. Audio issue .... Thanks in advance
Sponsored