Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Every car I’ve ever owned could go into park without pressing the brake pedal. As far back into the 1970’s!
Interesting. Ones I’ve driven won’t move past neutral, coming from drive, without the brake. From reverse to drive, I can usually move freely, but not to reverse. Out of park to both reverse and drive, need the brake, too.
Sponsored

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Every car I’ve ever owned could go into park without pressing the brake pedal. As far back into the 1970’s!
While moving 🙄 ? It is normal ford behavior? I had different car and this is something new for me. My GL was possible to shift only in neutral and depress brake pedal message appeared. I also own KIA with rounded shifter. It possible to rotate but again it’s works in the same way as GL, shifts in neutral and depress brake pedal message appears.

Last edited:

MarkP213

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X Premium, Infinite Blue
Country flag
Yes, while moving. It will make a horrible grinding noise while the parking pawl attempts to latch, but it’s doable. I wouldn’t recommend it though! In fact, on my ‘84 Chevy C10 (and older vehicles we’ve owned) you don’t need to use the brake pedal to come out of park into any gear.

Do a quick Google search.

MarkP213

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X Premium, Infinite Blue
Country flag
Interesting. Ones I’ve driven won’t move past neutral, coming from drive, without the brake. From reverse to drive, I can usually move freely, but not to reverse. Out of park to both reverse and drive, need the brake, too.
We‘ve only ever owned Chevrolet and Fords in my family, so I can only vouch for those brands.
Sponsored