Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
The TSB for the "1 Pedal Drive Fault - Press Brake Pedal To Reduce Speed" warning message has been released. If you get this warning message, you can ask your dealer to update the powertrain software with this TSB.

TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN
"1 Pedal Drive Fault - Press Brake Pedal To Reduce Speed" Warning Message Displayed In The IPC With DTC P0C2F:92 Stored In The SOBDMC
24-2187
07 June 2024​
Model:
Ford
2021-2023 Mustang Mach-E
Markets: North American market only

Issue: Some 2021-2023 Mustang Mach-E vehicles may exhibit a "1 Pedal Drive Fault - Press Brake Pedal To Reduce Speed" warning message displayed in the IPC. The customer may also notice that the 1 Pedal Drive feature has been deactivated. A DTC P0C2F:92 may also be stored in the SOBDMC. This concern may also be present when one pedal drive mode is enabled. This may be due to the SOBDMC. To correct the condition, follow the Service Procedure to reprogram the powertrain modules using the latest level of the FDRS.
Action: Follow the Service Procedure to correct the condition on vehicles that meet all of the following criteria:

• 2021-2023 Mustang Mach-E
• "1 Pedal Drive Fault - Press Brake Pedal To Reduce Speed" warning message displayed in the IPC

Warranty Status: Eligible under provisions of New Vehicle Limited Warranty (NVLW)/Service Part Warranty (SPW)/Service Part New Vehicle (SPNV)/Extended Service Plan (ESP) coverage. Limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. NVLW/SPW/SPNV/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
Labor Times
DescriptionOperation No.Time
2021-2023 Mustang Mach-E: Reprogram The Appropriate Modules As Required By The Software Update And Service Procedure (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)
MT242187​
Actual Time​
Repair/Claim Coding
Causal Part:7B012
Condition Code:04

Service Instruction
1. Connect a battery charger to the 12-volt battery.
NOTE: To prevent the battery saver mode from activating on the vehicle, make sure the negative cable of the charger is installed on a chassis or engine ground, and not the 12-volt battery negative terminal. Do not have the vehicle plugged into the high voltage battery charger during programming. This can cause incorrect module programming. Make sure only the 12-volt battery charger is installed.
2. Reprogram the PCM using the latest software level of the FDRS scan tool.
3. Check the availability of software updates on the following modules and update as required:

• SOBDM
• BECM
• SOBDMB
• SOBDMC
• ABS module
NOTE: Only one module may be updated at a time.
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

Spacey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
The TSB says North American market only, so does it mean that UK users are not affected or is this a silly question as the UK does seem to run a different set of OTA's compared to NA? 🤔

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
When the dealer updates these modules, will it apply any of the existing OTAs as well?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
When the dealer updates these modules, will it apply any of the existing OTAs as well?
OTA updates are never applied by dealers, it's not possible. They update modules. In the process of updating modules, they may negate an OTA update, or parts of it.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
They update modules.
Right, that's what I meant - if any of recent OTAs have the same module software updates that are included in this TSB.

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
Just got my recall completed and no issues with 1pedal

MarkP213

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X Premium, Infinite Blue
Country flag
Same here, last month. Zero issues. I wonder if the dealers installed the fix during our recalls, or just lucky and haven’t had the problem?

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
The TSB says North American market only, so does it mean that UK users are not affected or is this a silly question as the UK does seem to run a different set of OTA's compared to NA? 🤔
I wouldn’t worry about it, there will be differences in the software across different market areas and if some commonality does exist which means our UK beasts are affected I am sure we will hear officially 👍

Jerrytball

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The TSB for the "1 Pedal Drive Fault - Press Brake Pedal To Reduce Speed" warning message has been released. If you get this warning message, you can ask your dealer to update the powertrain software with this TSB.

TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN
"1 Pedal Drive Fault - Press Brake Pedal To Reduce Speed" Warning Message Displayed In The IPC With DTC P0C2F:92 Stored In The SOBDMC
24-2187
07 June 2024​
Model:
Ford
2021-2023 Mustang Mach-E
Markets: North American market only

Issue: Some 2021-2023 Mustang Mach-E vehicles may exhibit a "1 Pedal Drive Fault - Press Brake Pedal To Reduce Speed" warning message displayed in the IPC. The customer may also notice that the 1 Pedal Drive feature has been deactivated. A DTC P0C2F:92 may also be stored in the SOBDMC. This concern may also be present when one pedal drive mode is enabled. This may be due to the SOBDMC. To correct the condition, follow the Service Procedure to reprogram the powertrain modules using the latest level of the FDRS.
Action: Follow the Service Procedure to correct the condition on vehicles that meet all of the following criteria:

Warranty Status: Eligible under provisions of New Vehicle Limited Warranty (NVLW)/Service Part Warranty (SPW)/Service Part New Vehicle (SPNV)/Extended Service Plan (ESP) coverage. Limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. NVLW/SPW/SPNV/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
Labor Times
DescriptionOperation No.Time
2021-2023 Mustang Mach-E: Reprogram The Appropriate Modules As Required By The Software Update And Service Procedure (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)
MT242187​
Actual Time​
Repair/Claim Coding
Causal Part:7B012
Condition Code:04

Service Instruction
1. Connect a battery charger to the 12-volt battery.
NOTE: To prevent the battery saver mode from activating on the vehicle, make sure the negative cable of the charger is installed on a chassis or engine ground, and not the 12-volt battery negative terminal. Do not have the vehicle plugged into the high voltage battery charger during programming. This can cause incorrect module programming. Make sure only the 12-volt battery charger is installed.
2. Reprogram the PCM using the latest software level of the FDRS scan tool.
3. Check the availability of software updates on the following modules and update as required:

NOTE: Only one module may be updated at a time.
After I saw this, I made sure my service guy had this so I emailed it to him and while they got the car, they’re going to verify this is not an issue as well as replacing the RFA that just came in today. Hopefully I’ll have the car back by Tomorrow.

Fixbear

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 SelectMachE4 SR , Mini SE
Occupation
retired, Construction Mechanic, Refrigeration tech, Ford, GMC, Chevy tech,
Country flag
Your motor vehicle rules are different from NA. So they program different country to country.

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Great stuff; thanks Lee. Do you happen to know whether this update is expected to go out OTA? I'm experiencing this issue and it's annoying but if an OTA is expected this month I may just wait for it.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Great stuff; thanks Lee. Do you happen to know whether this update is expected to go out OTA? I'm experiencing this issue and it's annoying but if an OTA is expected this month I may just wait for it.

Thanks!
There is no mention of an OTA, so if you have this issue you need to make a dealer visit.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Pretty sure this was part of the software updates they did if you got recall done within last month or so, after the big 23S56 pause.

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
Kinda crappy that they did the fix as a TSB. My dealership won’t do TSBs out of warranty. Now I have to work with ford corporate to get them to fix an issue they caused with a recall…
Sponsored