AiKiMache

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sedona
Country flag
Don't see the mach-E on the local Ford dealership websites. Do I need to go up to PHX to find one (moved from EV last year)? Any suggestions? Really want to get delivery before end of 2021.

Looking for a Premium ER Infinite Blue, preferably RWD & Black Onyx
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Are you expecting to find one on the lot? These cars are still special order only with dealers only having cars on the lot when customers don’t buy orders cars.

OP
OP

AiKiMache

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sedona
Country flag
Are you expecting to find one on the lot? These cars are still special order only with dealers only having cars on the lot when customers don’t buy orders cars.
Thanks ChasingCoral, [OT: I see you were an oceanographer; I did R&D in ocean optics.]

I know there isn't a bunch of them sitting on lots (would be nice, though). I'm fine with custom ordering, but I'm hoping production is caught up enough to take delivery before Jan 1st (AFV initial licensing jumps from about $20 to $400 per year in 2022 in my state, which sets the tabs for as long as you own it).

From posts in this forum, it seems like there are good dealerships north of Phoenix, but that's over 100mi (2hr) away. Oracle is half that (and less sales tax). Tucson isn't a small town, so it'd be nice to use a dealership closer. Last time I bought a new car was my minivan in 2004 (at the dawn of the "internet sales" departments) -- so feeling rusty and trying to learn a lot fast.

I guess I'm wondering how much the dealership matters if I can get a good contract (MSRP with no ADM, no weird mandatory options, and reasonable doc fees)? It sounds like it's best to contact a dealership and try to negotiate directly at this point.

Thanks for any help -- my first car was an SHO, and I'm ready for something peppier than a minivan!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Thanks ChasingCoral, [OT: I see you were an oceanographer; I did R&D in ocean optics.]

I know there isn't a bunch of them sitting on lots (would be nice, though). I'm fine with custom ordering, but I'm hoping production is caught up enough to take delivery before Jan 1st (AFV initial licensing jumps from about $20 to $400 per year in 2022 in my state, which sets the tabs for as long as you own it).

From posts in this forum, it seems like there are good dealerships north of Phoenix, but that's over 100mi (2hr) away. Oracle is half that (and less sales tax). Tucson isn't a small town, so it'd be nice to use a dealership closer. Last time I bought a new car was my minivan in 2004 (at the dawn of the "internet sales" departments) -- so feeling rusty and trying to learn a lot fast.

I guess I'm wondering how much the dealership matters if I can get a good contract (MSRP with no ADM, no weird mandatory options, and reasonable doc fees)? It sounds like it's best to contact a dealership and try to negotiate directly at this point.

Thanks for any help -- my first car was an SHO, and I'm ready for something peppier than a minivan!
Excellent! I retired from NOAA after 30 years, I last ran Coral Reef Watch in NOAA's Satellite Service.

I recommend you put in an order soon with a dealer who will refund your deposit. Then start scouring dealership ads (look beyond AZ) to try to find one earlier with no ADM. Either of these should get you a car before the end of the year but the order might cut it close.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I got mine in Phoenix, you will need to search inventory everyday. Go here and type in a Phoenix zip code:

https://shop.ford.com/inventory/mach-e/?gnav=shopnav-si

Back in May I drove a model at Bell Ford, but it was not the CA Rt 1 I wanted, so I ordered one. Then in June, I was searching inventory online almost every day. Found 2 dealers with the CA Rt 1, one was white one was infinite blue, which is now discontinued. I got the infinite blue one but had to pay an ADM of $2.5K. The white one had an ADM of $10K.

The one I ordered would have been at MSRP, but I could not get infinite blue, and it is still not built yet. For me paying the extra 2.5K got me that car early and also got me a discontinued color that I liked.

It is doubtful you will find an infinite blue in the model you want, if at all.

OP
OP

AiKiMache

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sedona
Country flag
I got mine in Phoenix, you will need to search inventory everyday. Go here and type in a Phoenix zip code:

https://shop.ford.com/inventory/mach-e/?gnav=shopnav-si

Back in May I drove a model at Bell Ford, but it was not the CA Rt 1 I wanted, so I ordered one. Then in June, I was searching inventory online almost every day. Found 2 dealers with the CA Rt 1, one was white one was infinite blue, which is now discontinued. I got the infinite blue one but had to pay an ADM of $2.5K. The white one had an ADM of $10K.

The one I ordered would have been at MSRP, but I could not get infinite blue, and it is still not built yet. For me paying the extra 2.5K got me that car early and also got me a discontinued color that I liked.

It is doubtful you will find an infinite blue in the model you want, if at all.
Thanks, I'd missed that infinite blue was discontinued. I'm so tired of shades of silver and white, but can't have a dark color in the SW sun without burning yourself on the car. Arg!

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Thanks, I'd missed that infinite blue was discontinued. I'm so tired of shades of silver and white, but can't have a dark color in the SW sun without burning yourself on the car. Arg!
Don't be so sure. I was concerned about my Carbonized Gray FE here in Mesa and was pleasantly surprised. It is just as cool inside as my white Focus Electric. Ford knows A/C.

OP
OP

AiKiMache

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sedona
Country flag
Don't be so sure. I was concerned about my Carbonized Gray FE here in Mesa and was pleasantly surprised. It is just as cool inside as my white Focus Electric. Ford knows A/C.
Might be fine once you get INSIDE the vehicle, but I've burned myself on the exterior of my friend's (very) dark gray Ford Taurus too many times.

How dark is the Carbonized Gray in person (in pictures it seems to really vary based on lighting)? Very nice color (for gray, lol) -- in pictures it makes me think of the liquid metal.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Might be fine once you get INSIDE the vehicle, but I've burned myself on the exterior of my friend's (very) dark gray Ford Taurus too many times.

How dark is the Carbonized Gray in person (in pictures it seems to really vary based on lighting)? Very nice color (for gray, lol) -- in pictures it makes me think of the liquid metal.
Oh okay. I don't think I come into contact with the exterior paint all that often. Just when I close the hood and yeah, it's pretty hot but seems about the same temp as other colors. ?

I like the color.
My choices were Grabber Blue, Rapid Red or Carbonized Grey.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/tint-matching-factory-glass.4814/post-151594

OP
OP

AiKiMache

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sedona
Country flag
Excellent! I retired from NOAA after 30 years, I last ran Coral Reef Watch in NOAA's Satellite Service.

I recommend you put in an order soon with a dealer who will refund your deposit. Then start scouring dealership ads (look beyond AZ) to try to find one earlier with no ADM. Either of these should get you a car before the end of the year but the order might cut it close.
Talked to two dealer reps and they aren't expecting new orders to be delivered before 2022. I'll just have to keep checking inventory and be patient.
Sponsored