wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
Does anyone else think that the turn indicator noise is too soft? As usual, when making a turn the indicator snaps back and so the sound stops - but when just making a lane change the indicator stays on, of course, unless you turn it off. But sometimes I miss this because of the soft sound.

PS I really like that this is the biggest complaint I can make right now!
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
No I don't think so. I'd rather have no noise at all though. The constant clicking noise that I've experienced from using the signal in other cars is annoying and drives me nuts so I didn't use the signal a lot (like I'm sitting in the turning lane, where do you think I'm going, duh).

So I like using the signal in the Mach-E, it's not an obnoxious click, click, click, click, click like other cars, plus the lights look cool.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Does anyone else think that the turn indicator noise is too soft? As usual, when making a turn the indicator snaps back and so the sound stops - but when just making a lane change the indicator stays on, of course, unless you turn it off. But sometimes I miss this because of the soft sound.

PS I really like that this is the biggest complaint I can make right now!
I agree is pretty soft, but I'm pretty happy about that! I hate loud turn-signals, though I know some folks need it since I far too commonly see them driving down the highway for miles with them still on!

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I agree is pretty soft, but I'm pretty happy about that! I hate loud turn-signals, though I know some folks need it since I far too commonly see them driving down the highway for miles with them still on!
I like those alerts that come on after like 30 seconds if you are moving with a signal on but not turning. Dunno if the MME does this.

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No I don't think so. I'd rather have no noise at all though. The constant clicking noise that I've experienced from using the signal in other cars is annoying and drives me nuts so I didn't use the signal a lot (like I'm sitting in the turning lane, where do you think I'm going, duh).

So I like using the signal in the Mach-E, it's not an obnoxious click, click, click, click, click like other cars, plus the lights look cool.
I actually like the sound the indicator makes is rather nice. I DO NOT miss the click, click, click... Just would like it one decibel louder - but I'm getting the feeling I'm in the minority on this issue.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I actually like the sound the indicator makes is rather nice. I DO NOT miss the click, click, click... Just would like it one decibel louder - but I'm getting the feeling I'm in the minority on this issue.
The clicks are indeed horrible. I think you had to turn up the radio when making a turn in my daughter's Focus!

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
When "MyFordTouch" was added to Sync, the hazard flasher button was placed at the bottom of the screen bezel. Right where you rest your hand when you had to touch the screen for something. Of course, upper management always gets the first cars to drive...

The standing joke in the company about whenever you saw those vehicles on the road just driving along, oblivious to the hazard flashers being on: "there's another Ford management lease car".

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I like those alerts that come on after like 30 seconds if you are moving with a signal on but not turning. Dunno if the MME does this.
I remember renting a Buick long long ago that had a very loud special chime and dash indicator after 30 seconds to remind you the turn signal was on.

I don't want to reference any "Buick customers are all old people and old people all leave their signals on for fifty miles" stereotypes, so I won't. ?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
it occurs to me maybe the sound is too quiet because the dealer forgot to top up the blinker fluid when they received your vehicle. you should check on that.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
When "MyFordTouch" was added to Sync, the hazard flasher button was placed at the bottom of the screen bezel. Right where you rest your hand when you had to touch the screen for something. Of course, upper management always gets the first cars to drive...

The standing joke in the company about whenever you saw those vehicles on the road just driving along, oblivious to the hazard flashers being on: "there's another Ford management lease car".
This is real - I had that issue with the Edge more than a few times

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Last edited:

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag

If you are the average driver I encounter on the road from the turn lane you will unexpectedly and suddenly shoot out across 3 lanes of traffic, cutting several people off. You will then decide to make an illegal u-turn hopping a curb forcing traffic flowing in the opposite direction to stop for you. Then, you'll pull into the EXIT of a bank (instead of the entrance) only to drive though the lot on your way to Burger King. If anyone honks at you during this process, you will promptly roll your window down giving people the bird and yelling at them for honking at you. When you get to Burger King you will think about what you want to order for 10 minutes, holding up the line. You will then order 50 different items, then change your mind on 25 of them. When you pull up to the window you will not be able to find any form of payment, each of your 5 cards will be run and be denied. Your cousin in the backseat will finally roll his window down and pay for the meal. When your bags are handed to you, you will decide you didn't want what you ordered, but instead of admitting that you will blame the cashier (who didn't take your order mind you), and throw your drink at her. You'll pull around and storm in the front entrance and demand to speak to a manager. You will yell enough that eventually they with both refund your money AND give you replacement items that end up, in fact, being pretty much the same as the original ones you ordered. When you get back to your car you will drive away with a phone in one hand, a burger in the other, and a large drink in your lap.

There, that almost covers it.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
If you are the average driver I encounter on the road from the turn lane you will unexpectedly and suddenly shoot out across 3 lanes of traffic, cutting several people off. You will then decide to make an illegal u-turn hopping a curb forcing traffic flowing in the opposite direction to stop for you. Then, you'll pull into the EXIT of a bank (instead of the entrance) only to drive though the lot on your way to Burger King. If anyone honks at you during this process, you will promptly roll your window down giving people the bird and yelling at them for honking at you. When you get to Burger King you will think about what you want to order for 10 minutes, holding up the line. You will then order 50 different items, then change your mind on 25 of them. When you pull up to the window you will not be able to find any form of payment, each of your 5 cards will be run and be denied. Your cousin in the backseat will finally roll his window down and pay for the meal. When your bags are handed to you, you will decide you didn't want what you ordered, but instead of admitting that you will blame the cashier (who didn't take your order mind you), and throw your drink at her. You'll pull around and storm in the front entrance and demand to speak to a manager. You will yell enough that eventually they with both refund your money AND give you replacement items that end up, in fact, being pretty much the same as the original ones you ordered. When you get back to your car you will drive away with a phone in one hand, a burger in the other, and a large drink in your lap.

There, that almost covers it.
Completely wrong, I always use the cup holder. ? ?
Sponsored