sid234

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR
Country flag
I was driving into work this morning (live in new England, temp outiside was -3F) and was on the highway, driving at about 70mph in one pedal drive when i suddenly felt a loss of acceleration, and when i looked down on to the dash - i had a yellow turtle icon there. The car slowed down to ~50-55, but i was able to get enough acceleration at that point to maintain that speed. few minutes later the icon went away by itself, and i was able to drive the last 3 miles to work at 55. I didn't try to accelerate to check if i was getting enough power to go at a higher speed but i felt like there was a lack of power when compared to my usual drive.

When i got to work and parked the car - everything seemed normal, and no errors/messages showed up in my Ford App either. Has this happened to anyone else? I will go out around lunch and try to drive the car around the parking lot to check if its working as expected but I am now wondering if it safe for me to drive back home on the highway?

Edit: Forgot to mention that we had the huge blizzard on Saturday but i did clean all the snow off my car. Also, i had gotten the module updates done on my car on Thursday at the dealer.
Sponsored

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Probably just hit a sensor threshold somewhere for being too cold. Wouldn't worry too much about it.

OP
OP

sid234

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR
Country flag
Okay - that's good to know. Definitely something that gave me a jump

dwee415

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber blue Mach E GT non-performance
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Okay - that's good to know. Definitely something that gave me a jump
How much charge did you have left when the turtle came on? Other posts about the turtle say it comes on when your battery is almost dead.

OP
OP

sid234

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR
Country flag
How much charge did you have left when the turtle came on? Other posts about the turtle say it comes on when your battery is almost dead.
I had about 30% charge left on the car at the time so it didn't seem to be charge related. I was able to drive home without incident so seems like it was just a one-off but losing power and acceleration on the highway was scary
Sponsored