2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
These look very nice, but I am not a fan of the solid piece rear mats. Too hard to empty the whole long piece rather than individual sides. you end up spilling the mess on the carpet and seats. not a good design for cleaning.

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
These look very nice, but I am not a fan of the solid piece rear mats. Too hard to empty the whole long piece rather than individual sides. you end up spilling the mess on the carpet and seats. not a good design for cleaning.
Yeah, Tuxmats definitely are more difficult to remove in general because they have clips that you can put around the edges to hold them in place. I usually only remove the floor mats once a year (if that) and just vacuum them in place when needed, so I don't think this will be an issue for me. But if you're the kind of person that frequently takes them out for cleaning, these probably wouldn't be a good choice.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
How's the foot feel on them? What I mean is, WeatherTech mats tend to feel slippery under your shoes, at least to me. Is the PVC grippy and natural feeling under the foot?

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How's the foot feel on them? What I mean is, WeatherTech mats tend to feel slippery under your shoes, at least to me. Is the PVC grippy and natural feeling under the foot?
Yeah, it's grippy with just a little bit of cushioning give. There's also a rubber patch where your right heel lands for some extra grip.

I've had Weathertech and Husky Liners in my cars for years, which have been fine, but Tuxmats are now my new standard. Better fit, more coverage, better material, and classier look. I actually like the OEM rubber mats a lot, but they just don't provide enough coverage.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Yeah, it's grippy with just a little bit of cushioning give. There's also a rubber patch where your right heel lands for some extra grip.
Thanks for the info. I might have to order a set. These are by far the best looking of the full coverage mats that I've seen

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
They look great! Very handsome. Do crumbs and other debris get stuck in the grooves?

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They look great! Very handsome. Do crumbs and other debris get stuck in the grooves?
Debris will collect like any other mat, but the grooves are large and the ridges are padded and compressible, so it's easier to vacuum out than other mats I've had that have small grooves and rigid ridges. This is important since you're not going to want to remove them often if you don't have to.

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
I have 3 kids and a white dog so this is very good to know!

Sam2084

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 CR-V, E4X Ordered
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Are these things fully waterproof?

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
I like that the front two mats have high coverage towards the front of the car. The Ford all weather mats don't go up very high especially on the left side where I rest my foot. These also have much more detailed cut outs or overall better coverage across the board.

I agree that the rear mat design looks nice, but being one solid piece might be problematic to remove. When I wash my car I hit my mats with the pressure washer then let them air dry. Overkill yes, but it makes it very quick and easy job when I already have the pressure washer out.

If I didn't already have the Ford all weather mats I would highly consider getting this, especially for the price. The OEM mats are not cheap for the full interior set. This set is over $100 less for the full set. Even with the Ford credits I still paid more for the OEM mats.

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag
Not trying to hijack...

I have had my eye on the 3D MAXpider Kagu mats, but as I'm waiting for my car I haven't pulled the trigger yet. There are not a lot of comparisons between the two out there, but they are similar in some ways to the Tuxmats, mostly in that they are not butt-ugly like most of the other options.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=mustang+mach+e+MAXpider+kagu&ref=nb_sb_noss

Ford Mustang Mach-E Tuxmats for Mach-E just released MachE MAXpider.JPG

I do like that the MAXpider units have a velcro like backing instead of extra clips that reportedly holds them in place very well and prevents gaps at the perimeter where they rise up around the sills. They also look like they take the design of the cargo shelf in back into consideration and can crease and fold if you want to lift the panel and get underneath it.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Tuxmats for Mach-E just released MachE MAXpider rear.JPG

Good reviews online - very popular in the Tesla community among others.

Has anyone seen both?

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Not trying to hijack...

I have had my eye on the 3D MAXpider Kagu mats, but as I'm waiting for my car I haven't pulled the trigger yet. There are not a lot of comparisons between the two out there, but they are similar in some ways to the Tuxmats, mostly in that they are not butt-ugly like most of the other options.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=mustang+mach+e+MAXpider+kagu&ref=nb_sb_noss

I do like that the MAXpider units have a velcro like backing instead of extra clips that reportedly holds them in place very well and prevents gaps at the perimeter where they rise up around the sills. They also look like they take the design of the cargo shelf in back into consideration and can crease and fold if you want to lift the panel and get underneath it.

Good reviews online - very popular in the Tesla community among others.

Has anyone seen both?
There is a discussion going on about these already.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/3d-mats-anybody.8579/#post-254070