Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I just woke up and got in the car. Battery at 45%. Car plugged in for the last 12 hours. Same as every night. This is the 2nd time in 5 days the car has just decided not to charge during my preferred charge times. The app says "waiting until 12:00AM to charge." 12:00AM came and went and the car didn't charge. It has worked perfectly for the 100 days before this. I have changed nothing. Same charger, same everything. No errors on the charger when plugged in, and no errors in the car or Fordpass app. It just decided not to charge.

Now I'm trying to squeeze as much L2 juice into this in the next 2 hours as I can before I leave, because there are no DCFCs anywhere near me.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Have you checked to see if the car thinks it's "home"?

epmd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
I had new issues this week as well. I have a late job 2 2021 premium and three times this week I have found a charge error in my ford pass app. Never had an issue for 2 months and now several times this week.

OP
OP
Ride_the_lightning

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Have you checked to see if the car thinks it's "home"?
I think it does, although the address calculated for ā€œhomeā€ has never been my actual address, and it wonā€™t let me change it. It had always worked though. I assume it thinks itā€™s home because when I plugged in, it correctly said ā€œwaiting for charge scheduleā€ or something like that on the FordPass app.

Jim D

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I've had that happen twice in the last month.

RidingwithScotty

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR aka Scotty
Country flag
Iā€™ve had an occasional issue with Scotty not starting to charge at the scheduled time if I plug him in too early; usually unplugging from the car and re plugging will fix It. Of course we shouldnā€™t have these issues in an ideal world and 12:00 am is a heck of a time to be checking your charging status.

talisxero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E, 2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
Country flag
Same thing happened to me last night. My Grizzl-E charger was blinking green line normal upon plugging it in. Ford Pass says "waiting for scheduled charge time".

Time came and went, charging didn't start. When I woke up this morning, I change from scheduled charging to charge when plugged in and it began charging without even having to touch the plug. Really hope Ford can figure this one out, make the car undrivable for the days it fails to charge.

I have noticed a few more instances of "deep sleep" then I ever recall seeing the first 5 months I opened the car for, maybe an update caused the change?

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I think it does, although the address calculated for ā€œhomeā€ has never been my actual address, and it wonā€™t let me change it. It had always worked though. I assume it thinks itā€™s home because when I plugged in, it correctly said ā€œwaiting for charge scheduleā€ or something like that on the FordPass app.
Delete the charge location.
Plug it in to charge but monitor with FordPass since it may charge to 100%.
Then unplug it and capture the charge location and setup to ā€œhomeā€. Set the ā€œhomeā€ location to a schedule.

OP
OP
Ride_the_lightning

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Delete the charge location.
Plug it in to charge but monitor with FordPass since it may charge to 100%.
Then unplug it and capture the charge location and setup to ā€œhomeā€. Set the ā€œhomeā€ location to a schedule.
Just did that. Letā€™s hope it fixes it. It does see my correct address this time so thatā€™s encouraging.

OP
OP
Ride_the_lightning

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Same thing happened to me last night. My Grizzl-E charger was blinking green line normal upon plugging it in. Ford Pass says "waiting for scheduled charge time".

Time came and went, charging didn't start. When I woke up this morning, I change from scheduled charging to charge when plugged in and it began charging without even having to touch the plug. Really hope Ford can figure this one out, make the car undrivable for the days it fails to charge.

I have noticed a few more instances of "deep sleep" then I ever recall seeing the first 5 months I opened the car for, maybe an update caused the change?
Agree with the deep sleep. This morning I had to go into the car to see that it didnā€™t charge. FordPass still showed the SOC from 12 hours earlier and wouldnā€™t refresh.

Up and Over

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT, Iconic Silver
Country flag
My car didnā€™t pre-condition a couple of times this week. I donā€™t know anything about how FordPass works but could it be a server issue at Ford? I turned off and turned back on the Departure Times which seemed to work.

epmd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
Another morning, and another wake to charging error. This time I noticed the ring on the charging port was flashing orange.

And I have noticed the deep sleep much more often as well.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
I read somewhere That selecting 12:00AM or midnight that's the problem and 12:01 AM was fine. Some kind of ampm bug. Easy to try and if it works I have no idea why.

kkriskal

First Name
KK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Delete your home location and add it again. Once this is done, set the preferred charging time to start from 12:01 AM instead of exactly midnight.
Sponsored