Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Delete your home location and add it again. Once this is done, set the preferred charging time to start from 12:01 AM instead of exactly midnight.
After deleting the home location you need to do a charge in order to capture the location to setup as home. Charge for a few minutes.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ride_the_lightning

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Delete your home location and add it again. Once this is done, set the preferred charging time to start from 12:01 AM instead of exactly midnight.
Do you know something I donā€™t know? Because it only lets me select a time on the hour. So itā€™s 12:00 or 1:00, nothing in between.

ShadowCVL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee, GMC Sierra, MME Premium
Occupation
IT and Electronics
Country flag
if the fordpass servers are down it doesnt start either. Annoyingly dumb.

OP
OP
Ride_the_lightning

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
if the fordpass servers are down it doesnt start either. Annoyingly dumb.
Wow yeah that is dumb. If I relied more on the scheduled charging I would probably use my EVSE with local control of charge times (although Iā€™m not sure if the Juicebox also requires its cloud connection, Iā€™ll have to try it with wifi disconnected).

I have an extreme hatred for simple things being reliant on cloud connections that should easily be done by the device locally (e.g. my Roomba vacuum becoming a paper weight when Amazonā€™s servers were down for a whole day once).

ShadowCVL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee, GMC Sierra, MME Premium
Occupation
IT and Electronics
Country flag
Wow yeah that is dumb. If I relied more on the scheduled charging I would probably use my EVSE with local control of charge times (although Iā€™m not sure if the Juicebox also requires its cloud connection, Iā€™ll have to try it with wifi disconnected).

I have an extreme hatred for simple things being reliant on cloud connections that should easily be done by the device locally (e.g. my Roomba vacuum becoming a paper weight when Amazonā€™s servers were down for a whole day once).
Wont hear me disagree, part of the reason I went with Home Assistant for home automation stuff.

disabling wifi isnt going to change that though, itll just go through the LTE modem. There is a thread around here where we figured this crap out about the servers being offline.

I have mine set to charge anytime and control it with the chargepoint, dont know if it is server reliant or not, but if it is, their servers stay up more than fords do.

I also have a backup internet connection, so it would be extremely rare for my house to lose internet. my wife and I both work from home, her permanently and me 95% of the time.

OP
OP
Ride_the_lightning

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So it happened again, kind of. I woke up and checked at 7AM and my car was still charging, and had added 5kwH. That means it started after 6AM, which is a full six hours after my charging schedule starts (12AM). Iā€™m not sure what possessed it to simply wait 6 hours too long?

Technically itā€™s still within my preferred charging window. I have no departure times set. Makes no sense.

kirkus02

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e, Explorer, Silverado
Country flag
I've had the same issue when I plugged in twice this week. Is it still happening for you the first time you plug in for the night?

Calgary MACH E

First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD LR
Country flag
Car didn't charge overnight as per settings.

Honestly absolutely inexcusable that this doesn't work properly in MAY 2023. Ridiculous.

jpinFLX

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered Mache, Volvo XC40, Toyota RAV4 hybrid
Occupation
Director, IT
Country flag
This has happened to me twice in the past week. Seems to have been since I got the upgrade to 6.3. I plugged it in last night at 9:30pm. Charge window is 12am -6am. Checked the app at 6:45 ā€œwaiting to chargeā€. I told it to charge to 100% and it starts charging. Now I wait till I have enough to drive to work. This is a core function of the car and needs to work, it is really frustrating.
Sponsored