Two months after delivery, 3.5.2 to 3.5.3.3, how long to get to 3.5.4?

apailthorp

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GT, 2016 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
Holy smokes Ford is slow in pushing code. Other software updates I get pushed to me come much more timely...

We took delivery of our GT at the beginning of October. This last Monday, I finally got around to asking Ford via phone when I might get an update. The agent ran my VIN and said I looked good to go. Yesterday I finally got an update... I want more! Really want to try out two Bluetooth connections feature.

Anyone help me figure out if I can help this at all? Just wait and someday more stuff coming? TIA.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
You cannot do anything to get the updates. They come when they are queued up for your vehicle. Getting one since delivery is fast.

Even if you do the following, it doesn't make you get updates any faster:

- Check box for automatic updates. This means they get downloaded and applied. Otherwise, they get downloaded and you have to say to apply them.

- Set a schedule 7 days a week, like 1AM (assuming you're sleeping). This applies updates that require the car to be immobile for a period of time (like 15 minutes).

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Holy smokes Ford is slow in pushing code. Other software updates I get pushed to me come much more timely...

We took delivery of our GT at the beginning of October. This last Monday, I finally got around to asking Ford via phone when I might get an update. The agent ran my VIN and said I looked good to go. Yesterday I finally got an update... I want more! Really want to try out two Bluetooth connections feature.

Anyone help me figure out if I can help this at all? Just wait and someday more stuff coming? TIA.
You might need to adjust your expectations. How often are you expecting updates? Ford has been pushing them out on a very regular basis. They have been practically non stop since April for my car. Seems like every other week there is yet another update that wants to install.

Hang in there. You will get sick of them pretty soon. Alternatively....if you have a really bad case of FoMoCo FOMO.....then you can get an software license and cable and update modules to your hearts content. There is a thread on here that walks you through the process.

Welcome to the forum!

HITQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE - Raptor
Country flag
We took delivery near the end of September and right after that 3.5.2 came down. Two days ago we received 3.5.3 and 3.5.3.3 right after that. Took a couple of months, but now they seem to be coming. Youtube and those news channels worked well after trying them out in front of the house. I was pretty impressed with the implimentation. Even Lane Change worked smoothly. Looking forward to other new features.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I didnā€™t get my first OTA until 7+ months after purchase. As was said, you just need to wait until Ford has your VINā€™s group queued up. Either that, or invest in a rig to run FDRS in order to update the software yourself. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ©

JR1108

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD Carbonised Grey
Occupation
Telecommunications
Country flag
We took delivery near the end of September and right after that 3.5.2 came down. Two days ago we received 3.5.3 and 3.5.3.3 right after that. Took a couple of months, but now they seem to be coming. Youtube and those news channels worked well after trying them out in front of the house. I was pretty impressed with the implimentation. Even Lane Change worked smoothly. Looking forward to other new features.
I thought lane change only came with blue cruise on 2023 models?

HITQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE - Raptor
Country flag
I thought lane change only came with blue cruise on 2023 models?
LOL I should have said Lane Change as in the Game! No BC update as far as I know yet to earlier models.

joeb

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E PREMIUM Extended - eAWD
Country flag
Just got the 3.5.3 update today and the voice command stopped working. Push the voice button and nothing happens. Even have trouble setting voice commands options.

joeb

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E PREMIUM Extended - eAWD
Country flag
Hmm, 4 hours later voice button started working again. And I could use the voice command setting options. Maybe it was a slow update.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
I took delivery Nov. 12th and received three updates in three days, including today.

chimpster23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 BLK GT ER-AWD / 04 Toyota Camry
Country flag
Sorry - silly question
Where in the car do you see what version you are on?

HITQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE - Raptor
Country flag
Just got a message from FordPass 3.5.4
Installed successfully. Fordā€™s on a roll now.

OP
OP

apailthorp

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just got a message from FordPass 3.5.4
Installed successfully. Fordā€™s on a roll now.
Wow, I got 3.5.4 just now too, I see what you mean!

OP
OP

apailthorp

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And now having tried 3.5.4 I can say that while you can't have two phones connected where one is using CarPlay or Android Auto, but you can connect two Bluetooth so that one could be streaming music while the other interrupts with a call or with a (JBV1) voice alert. Nice.

Now can I haz simultaneous live CarPlay and Android Auto connections? Or even just one while still allowing a second Bluetooth connection? Not yet...

RyanRA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 GTPE; 22 MDX; 17 NSX; 03 NSX
Occupation
Still An Employee
Country flag
Ford Power-up surge for me, too. 3 days in a row. Now at 3.5.4.
Sponsored

Last edited: