whadenIV

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GTPE, '02 M3, '11 F-150
Country flag
If anyone has experience in this -I'm all ears.

Background - GTPE, received two weeks ago. I think 1.71 came with as i have the drawing tool. No OTA's that I'm aware of.

Bug One - started yesterday - Android Auto - Using Waze - Turn by Turn is no longer showing up on the driver screen. Worked on the way to work yesterday - didn't on the way home and didn't this morning on way in. The only troubleshooting i've done so far is to make sure AA is up to date on my phone - and then a phone reboot. Tonight I"m going to try and unpair and repair the phone. AA starting up automatically is not working well anymore either - I now have to manually turn on AA through the phone connection.

Sync version:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Two new bugs Screenshot_20211110-110313_Gallery

Bug Two - The This Trip card will randomly add miles to the trip. Here is an example from this morning. In the car almost 6 minutes but the distance says 22.3 miles (the car is fast but not THIS fast) - I think i was closer to 2.3 miles so it randomly added 20 miles to the trip. The mi/kWh doesn't shift BUT it does record incorrectly in the EV Stats in FordPass. Curious is this is affecting my GOM calibrations.

This Trip:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Two new bugs Screenshot_20211110-110255_Gallery

Anyone else experience either of these.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
My GT has the issue with the trip screen. It sometimes doesn't reset the miles after a trip.

Since nothing has changed with the car, the Waze issue is likely an update to Android Auto or Waze that maybe broke something.

ChargedCheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME 4XE, 2017 BMW i3 94wh
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I can't speak on your first issue because Waze is absolute GARBAGE in Denver.

The second one however, I run into this on my car regularly. What I have noticed happening is it won't always clear out the previous trip, so what you are possibly seeing is your current trip combined with the previous trip.

OP
OP
whadenIV

whadenIV

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
THIS makes sense - as my commute home is roughly 19 miles. grrr.

I'm going to try Google Maps on the way home to see if that pushes TxT to my screen

Bonehead

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
I use Waze with Apple CarPlay and the turn-by-turn hasn't been showing up in the driver's display, but using Apple Maps it does.

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
My GT has the issue with the trip screen. It sometimes doesn't reset the miles after a trip.
I've seen this "error" as well several times with "This Trip" and usually it's the first drive of the day but it's happened at other random times as well. Trip 1 and Trip 2 remain accurate though...

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I use Waze with Apple CarPlay and the turn-by-turn hasn't been showing up in the driver's display, but using Apple Maps it does.
It has never worked for Apple devices with Waze. Apple maps was added with 1.7.1

saurez7777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Red
Country flag
I can't speak on your first issue because Waze is absolute GARBAGE in Denver.

The second one however, I run into this on my car regularly. What I have noticed happening is it won't always clear out the previous trip, so what you are possibly seeing is your current trip combined with the previous trip.
same here, it doesn't clear previous trip...

zephiyr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER RWD
Country flag
AA starting up automatically is not working well anymore either - I now have to manually turn on AA through the phone connection.
I have this issue too with Apple CarPlay. Automatically starts about 75% of the time. 15% will work after connecting manually. 10% refuses to work at all.

Running 1.7.1 (dealer-applied) on a Premium.

OP
OP
whadenIV

whadenIV

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
can confirm that Google Maps does show Turn by Turn on the driver screen. so it must be a Waze issue.

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
The trip app is really buggy. Seems the current trip section often forgets to clear the previous miles. The trip 1 and 2 tabs seem accurate on the top section but the bar graphs never worked. I’m at like 3% on everything lol

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
....Bug Two - The This Trip card will randomly add miles to the trip. Here is an example from this morning. In the car almost 6 minutes but the distance says 22.3 miles (the car is fast but not THIS fast) - I think i was closer to 2.3 miles so it randomly added 20 miles to the trip. The mi/kWh doesn't shift BUT it does record incorrectly in the EV Stats in FordPass. Curious is this is affecting my GOM calibrations.

This Trip:
Screenshot_20211110-110255_Gallery.jpg

Anyone else experience either of these.
The same "No Battery" icon has appeared next to my mi/kWh.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Two new bugs kWh

I can't find that symbol anywhere in the manual. Since it appeared a few weeks ago, I've had a few instances where the mi/kWh showed "undefined" and the GOM range and battery charge state froze until I stopped and restarted the car.

I've tried the standard Sync reboot, the 12v battery reset, and driving history and trip resets - with no effect. There were no alerts or warning lights indicating a problem. This battery indication appeared before the weather turned cold.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
The same "No Battery" icon has appeared next to my mi/kWh.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Two new bugs kWh

I can't find that symbol anywhere in the manual. Since it appeared a few weeks ago, I've had a few instances where the mi/kWh showed "undefined" and the GOM range and battery charge state froze until I stopped and restarted the car.

I've tried the standard Sync reboot, the 12v battery reset, and driving history and trip resets - with no effect. There were no alerts or warning lights indicating a problem. This battery indication appeared before the weather turned cold.
I'm too exhausted to find it now, but another forum member pointed out that this symbol is used in Germany to represent average/mean. On a car purchased in Germany, it may be found on the dashboard next to the calculated fuel efficiency value. That seems to makes sense for what we're seeing on the Trip app now (even though it is confusing to most people outside of Germany).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diameter#Symbol