Two newbie questions (any help appreciated)

Aggie PT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Country flag
I am new to the forum after placing an order for a SR, RWD premium Mach e back in February.

I originally picked the dark matter gray color but have seen a few rapid reds on the road and really love it. I think I want to change but am not sure and was curious if any of you had thoughts on that? I have a gray car now which is a safe pick but the red looks really good on the vehicle. I just hope I won't get tired of it!

1. I haven't received a build date yet or a VIN so if I change the color will that put me at the back of the line? I thought I have read on here that it won't but my salesman is a little worried it would.

2. I also signed up for the Mustang Club of America so I could get the x-plan discount. It seems like that is about $1,025 on the premium version. Is that correct? I have already had $325 removed from the invoice because of the parking assist being removed.

Thanks for everyone's help in advance!
Sponsored

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I can't speak to the color change, but the MCA is a good move. I too signed up and the long build cycle (and the 7 week chip hold) gave me plenty of time to get my X-Plan pin from the club. Let your dealer know that you are going to use the X-Plan for the purchase. It saved me roughly the same amount and the dealer was good to work with. But, let them know now that you are going to use this and when you get your pin. Not all dealers work with this, but the majority do I believe.

Congrats on ordering your car. It's an amazing ride.

sgriffin130

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Red Mach E- C/T Pkg, '23 Escape PHEV/Prem Pkg
Occupation
Dentist(retired)
Country flag
I am new to the forum after placing an order for a SR, RWD premium Mach e back in February.

I originally picked the dark matter gray color but have seen a few rapid reds on the road and really love it. I think I want to change but am not sure and was curious if any of you had thoughts on that? I have a gray car now which is a safe pick but the red looks really good on the vehicle. I just hope I won't get tired of it!

1. I haven't received a build date yet or a VIN so if I change the color will that put me at the back of the line? I thought I have read on here that it won't but my salesman is a little worried it would.

2. I also signed up for the Mustang Club of America so I could get the x-plan discount. It seems like that is about $1,025 on the premium version. Is that correct? I have already had $325 removed from the invoice because of the parking assist being removed.

I changed my color to Rapid Red and wheels in Feb on a 10/1/21 order before getting a build date and there was no problem. I saw the Rapid Red version at the Chicago Auto show, then looked at a truck with the original color at my dealer in Nashville. I changed it while there- no problem. My build date is 5/30, but there seems to be no activity at the factory at the moment.

OP
OP

Aggie PT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Country flag
I can't speak to the color change, but the MCA is a good move. I too signed up and the long build cycle (and the 7 week chip hold) gave me plenty of time to get my X-Plan pin from the club. Let your dealer know that you are going to use the X-Plan for the purchase. It saved me roughly the same amount and the dealer was good to work with. But, let them know now that you are going to use this and when you get your pin. Not all dealers work with this, but the majority do I believe.

Congrats on ordering your car. It's an amazing ride.
Thanks for the info! I did tell the dealer and they said they would honor the x-plan pricing.

Glad you like your car! Can't wait. I have family that lives in Littleton and come up there every year or so.

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag

1- Changing color won't put you back or anything at this point to my knowledge, if the color you are choosing has a constraint then that may hold you back, but with how boring the majority of owners are, I don't think red or orange will give you any issue.

2- I used my Mustang club to get X-plan, it's 2% below msrp+275 I belive.

OP
OP

Aggie PT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Country flag
I changed my color to Rapid Red and wheels in Feb on a 10/1/21 order before getting a build date and there was no problem. I saw the Rapid Red version at the Chicago Auto show, then looked at a truck with the original color at my dealer in Nashville. I changed it while there- no problem. My build date is 5/30, but there seems to be no activity at the factory at the moment.
Thanks! Did you like the rapid red up close in person? I'm pretty sure that is my favorite color out of all I have seen in person. You don't think changing the color delayed your date, did it?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The dealership doesn't need the PIN until delivery, and yes, that is the correct calculation given.

OP
OP

Aggie PT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Country flag
1- Changing color won't put you back or anything at this point to my knowledge, if the color you are choosing has a constraint then that may hold you back, but with how boring the majority of owners are, I don't think red or orange will give you any issue.

2- I used my Mustang club to get X-plan, it's 2% below msrp+275 I belive.
Thanks!

Based on your posted dates, how did you get yours sonfast?!?

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
Thanks!

Based on your posted dates, how did you get yours sonfast?!?

You know, I have no idea, I was quoted 8 months, maybe because I went with Cyber Orange! I was shocked to get a vin so fast, maybe my dealer had a lot of allocations! not really sure.

sgriffin130

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Red Mach E- C/T Pkg, '23 Escape PHEV/Prem Pkg
Occupation
Dentist(retired)
Country flag
Thanks! Did you like the rapid red up close in person? I'm pretty sure that is my favorite color out of all I have seen in person. You don't think changing the color delayed your date, did it?
I originally ordered Space White but didn't care for it as much as the red when I saw it. Others love it. So, to each his own. I saw the Space White on a truck, so it might look better(to my taste) on a Mach E but since we have another white car we opted to go for the red. Changing the color didn't delay me based upon build dates of orders similar to my order date. I think making sure the Parking Assist Kit is added/changed may be important. So check your order sheet features and see if it has.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag

X-plan also limits dealer fees which could be another $1,000 depending on what is customary in your market.

https://joinyaa.com/guides/car-dealer-doc-fee-by-state/

JokerAZ

First Name
Carmen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 California Route 1
Occupation
Airport Management
Country flag
I had a Mazda similar in color to the Rapid Red Metallic. The MME is beautiful in red and really stands out, but the downside is seeing all the chips from freeway driving. And there will be a lot! I wound up getting the Iced Blue Silver Metallic and very happy with it. Enjoy your MME, whichever color you decide!

P Dub Mod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, 2018 Audi S5, 2007 Infiniti M45S
Country flag

I have an RR GT with 3300 miles on it so far. The car is gorgeous in Rapid Red. Turns heads and gets lots of positive comments., many from car guys, but some from people who just like its looks and have no idea what it is. Be prepared to invest in a bottle of “speed shine” or the equivalent, though, as it shows pollen, etc. immediately. Almost as bad as a black finish in terms of keeping it looking clean. That said, if I had it to do over, I’d do it again.

OP
OP

Aggie PT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Country flag
I had a Mazda similar in color to the Rapid Red Metallic. The MME is beautiful in red and really stands out, but the downside is seeing all the chips from freeway driving. And there will be a lot! I wound up getting the Iced Blue Silver Metallic and very happy with it. Enjoy your MME, whichever color you decide!
More chips than other colors? Why is that about Ford? My two current Hondas have no visible chips on the front.

OP
OP

Aggie PT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Country flag
I have an RR GT with 3300 miles on it so far. The car is gorgeous in Rapid Red. Turns heads and gets lots of positive comments., many from car guys, but some from people who just like its looks and have no idea what it is. Be prepared to invest in a bottle of “speed shine” or the equivalent, though, as it shows pollen, etc. immediately. Almost as bad as a black finish in terms of keeping it looking clean. That said, if I had it to do over, I’d do it again.
That's interesting. I hate black for that reason even though it is beautiful. My current car is a dark bluish gray and it's not too hard to keep clean. I thought red would be easier than dark matter gray since it is so close to black? There is a dark matter gray at work and the guy keeps it clean but right after it's washed you can see dust or residue from even a light rain so I figured red would be easier.
Sponsored