btle27

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I have yet to set up my wife’s phone for PaaK. Right now she’s using the one fob and I’m using my phone. I’m wondering how the MMe chooses which driver profile to use when two PaaK or one PaaK and one fob are present?
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I have yet to set up my wife’s phone for PaaK. Right now she’s using the one fob and I’m using my phone. I’m wondering how the MMe chooses which driver profile to use when two PaaK or one PaaK and one fob are present?
The phone that entered from the driver’s side takes precedence. My wife’s phone is set up with PaaK too but since I always drive when we’re together it connects to my phone. Not sure about the fob though. I’m assuming it would load whatever profile has the fob assigned to it.

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The phone that entered from the driver’s side takes precedence. My wife’s phone is set up with PaaK too but since I always drive when we’re together it connects to my phone. Not sure about the fob though. I’m assuming it would load whatever profile has the fob assigned to it.
That is the correct answer in theory. Unfortunately, PaaK doesn't work as well as the designers intended. In our case, the Mach E frequently comes up with my profile no matter who gets in which door or the order of entry.

Hopefully down the road PaaK will actually work as @hybrid2bev described and Darren Palmer stated in many of the early videos.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Same here, both our phones work fine as PAAK but we still have to choose which profile to load. Only a problem for me if it decides hers and the seat smashes me against the wheel?

Brussam

First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dmbruss.com
Vehicles
Racing Red 2RWD Extended
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We drive car crazy when both of get in no matter what side. We both have fobs and Paak phones. If anything, it looks the wife's phone wins because is the first phone defined.​
Sometimes neither my Paak phone nor my fob that was assigned to my profile, switches to my profile. Not worried my seat position as I use one-pedal and my wife doesn't. Real exciting when you epect the car to slow when you back off on the throttle and it doesn't.​

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
In the car settings under phones you can set the priority for the phones connected to the car.

ChrisSJR

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Space White RWD ER (Spark-E), 2004 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
In the car settings under phones you can set the priority for the phones connected to the car.
Can‘t you also select which profile to use by the hard buttons on the driver‘s door?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Can‘t you also select which profile to use by the hard buttons on the driver‘s door?
Those buttons only change the mechanical settings like seat and mirror adjustments. They don't change the profile in Sync.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Those buttons only change the mechanical settings like seat and mirror adjustments. They don't change the profile in Sync.
This is not true in my case. The three buttons correspond with three different driver profiles, including a bunch of settings in SYNC. (Drive mode, theme, etc.)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
This is not true in my case. The three buttons correspond with three different driver profiles, including a bunch of settings in SYNC. (Drive mode, theme, etc.)
By George, you're right! Either that changed in an update or I just mismembered.

taikajim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EXAWD + KW V3 coilovers
Country flag
This is the correct answer. It also defaults the favorite to the 1st paired phone when you add a second one.

ZoNiE

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Rav4 EV, 2021 Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
No. It's totally random. Car just does what it does. I'll enter the car, start it, pull out of the garage, my wife then comes and gets in and it changes to her phone on carplay. The damn thing should LOCK to the phone that turned it on.

It also mixes up the seat positions. Sometimes it gets it right, sometimes not.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
That is the correct answer in theory. Unfortunately, PaaK doesn't work as well as the designers intended. In our case, the Mach E frequently comes up with my profile no matter who gets in which door or the order of entry.

Hopefully down the road PaaK will actually work as @hybrid2bev described and Darren Palmer stated in many of the early videos.
I doubt this specific situation will. Limitation of Bluetooth.

Once UWB becomes more ubiquitous on phones and cars, this situation should be very much improved.

Reactions: x19

ZoNiE

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Rav4 EV, 2021 Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
This is definitely not true all the time. Sometimes it defaults to the key, sometimes to the last person who drove the car. It just does what the hell it wants to.