Uh oh - Parking brake fault? (Edit 2: it's baaaaaack)

William

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge, Mach-E
Country flag
I too had this issue. I drove the MME from Rochester, NY to Mystic,CT (403 miles) with no problems. Drove from Mystic to New Britain CT (60 miles)also no issues. Backed out of parking spot at the museum in New Britain and drove MME to a lunch spot (4 miles) and noticed the warning on the dash "Park Break Fault service now". After lunch I again backed out of a parking spot and returned the 60 miles to Mystic with the fault continuing to show on the dash. I was in whisper mode and did not notice any abnormal braking so I figured it a software issue and completed my 60 mile journey. Today, the next day, I backed out of the garage with the intent of taking it to Ford service and, to my surprise (and relief), the warning no longer appears and the vehicle seems to operate as it should. I operated the parking brake and it seems to operate properly. Perhaps sitting overnight (110 v. connected via Ford cable) and threatening to take it to the Ford service gave it a chance for a change of mind. :)
Sponsored

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I too had this issue. I drove the MME from Rochester, NY to Mystic,CT (403 miles) with no problems. Drove from Mystic to New Britain CT (60 miles)also no issues. Backed out of parking spot at the museum in New Britain and drove MME to a lunch spot (4 miles) and noticed the warning on the dash "Park Break Fault service now". After lunch I again backed out of a parking spot and returned the 60 miles to Mystic with the fault continuing to show on the dash. I was in whisper mode and did not notice any abnormal braking so I figured it a software issue and completed my 60 mile journey. Today, the next day, I backed out of the garage with the intent of taking it to Ford service and, to my surprise (and relief), the warning no longer appears and the vehicle seems to operate as it should. I operated the parking brake and it seems to operate properly. Perhaps sitting overnight (110 v. connected via Ford cable) and threatening to take it to the Ford service gave it a chance for a change of mind. :)
Take it to the dealer and have them apply the latest updates, there are usually a whole bunch. I would venture to guess this was fixed in software already. OTA is not there yet, so dealer is the only route at this time.

bdesatnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 BMW i3, 2021 Infinite Blue Mach-E AWD ER
Country flag
Since it's been over a month since you experienced this issue, can you tell me if it's resolved and what was done to resolve?

I just returned from a trip from Ohio to Rhode Island - nearly got home and, while driving, got the "park brake fault service now" and "auto hold system fault" error. The car seems to drive fine - took it to the dealer and, of course, the Mach-E technician is on vacation this week. I saw another post that indicated a short in the switch and the reply in this thread indicating a software update might resolve the issue.

OP
OP
GrumblesTheDog

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag

MorsRedigo

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mache
Country flag
I am currently dealing with this as well. Looks like a bad part.

dealer ordered one on emergency back order (lol) they got it in 4 weeks and it was the wrong part.

waiting again for the part. Apparently it’s safe to drive just annoying for my case.

have lost a lot of faith in this vehicle after a year of ownership
Sponsored