UK car what my rights to reject car, lots of problems but recall is the main issue.

peshi

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e AWD extended
Occupation
Landlord
Country flag
Bt the way I do like the Mustang Mach-e x4 but...

1. Windscreen and roof recall. (Had car a month when they sent this with less than 1000 miles done)
I don't want work on my brand new car and want refund.
2. passenger door button wont work on approach, it works after any of the others doors are opened or you press the remote. Not convenient and pain
3. Screen I have set on dark always not auto. It changed to white several times, so had to change settings again.
4. Dab Radio wont search stations
5. sometimes wont let me change drive modes
6. changing ambient light such a pain and wont stay on same I choose.
7. Sat nav sometimes talks even I have stuff not on. How do you turn sat nav of until required?
8. Yes range not great never shown above 260 available after full charge, Had car 2 months now 1500 miles
9. heater zapps range
10. used to average 5miles kwh around town 3.5 on a long run now its averaging just above 2. thats with no heating only tested seats.
Never been charged faster then 11kw as all the 50kw chargers ive tried wont work.
11. door wont unlock quick on walk up sometimes few seconds delay
12. Cant release charger form charging port after pressing the release button. Been stuck ten mins several times now
13. Could not open boot, was turned on dropping someone off but they could not get in to boot form boot button, then display then key fob. turned car of then it worked but what a pain in the ass.
14. more issues too

Ive been waiting for a software update hoping they will fix all the bugs. But why they so slow on updates?

Anyway lots of problems never had with the last 5 or so new vehicles ive bought. Yes this is 1st electric but should no be so buggy.
And with the recallI really want a refund. NOT HAPPY the screen coming out they back in and some one sticking a big of silicone around the roof
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I mean, have you ever taken your car to the dealer...? Most of your complaints are literally resolved via updates. Should only be a day of updates as well, can just do them with the recall. You most certainly won't get a refund because of a recall. Being that it is just the windshield and roof, without the roof even needing to be removed, I'm not sure what all the fuss is. They'll have a qualified glass guy do the job and there job is basically removing windshields for a living...

260 miles when 270 is the rated range is also good, it all depends on drive, weather, etc. If you're in the UK and having cold weather, that is what it is. But other than your issue with cold weather and the heater effecting your range, which is EVERY EV, everything else is fixable now if you just take it to the dealer for updates.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
I don't think you can put the winter range as a fault. I think this is the same for all EV cars without a heat pump. You could have researched that better before purchase. The faults are a reason but I have no idea if you would be successful. Good luck!

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Bt the way I do like the Mustang Mach-e x4 but...

1. Windscreen and roof recall. (Had car a month when they sent this with less than 1000 miles done)
I don't want work on my brand new car and want refund.
2. passenger door button wont work on approach, it works after any of the others doors are opened or you press the remote. Not convenient and pain
3. Screen I have set on dark always not auto. It changed to white several times, so had to change settings again.
4. Dab Radio wont search stations
5. sometimes wont let me change drive modes
6. changing ambient light such a pain and wont stay on same I choose.
7. Sat nav sometimes talks even I have stuff not on. How do you turn sat nav of until required?
8. Yes range not great never shown above 260 available after full charge, Had car 2 months now 1500 miles
9. heater zapps range
10. used to average 5miles kwh around town 3.5 on a long run now its averaging just above 2. thats with no heating only tested seats.
Never been charged faster then 11kw as all the 50kw chargers ive tried wont work.
11. door wont unlock quick on walk up sometimes few seconds delay
12. Cant release charger form charging port after pressing the release button. Been stuck ten mins several times now
13. Could not open boot, was turned on dropping someone off but they could not get in to boot form boot button, then display then key fob. turned car of then it worked but what a pain in the ass.
14. more issues too

Ive been waiting for a software update hoping they will fix all the bugs. But why they so slow on updates?

Anyway lots of problems never had with the last 5 or so new vehicles ive bought. Yes this is 1st electric but should no be so buggy.
And with the recallI really want a refund. NOT HAPPY the screen coming out they back in and some one sticking a big of silicone around the roof
WELCOME TO THE CLUB
1. Just about ALL MME's have this windscreen/pano roof issue. It's a brand new car. What do you expect. I was an early adopter with a Ford Focus convertible in 2007. That too had issues with it's roof/seals. Things go wrong during production.
2. Got the same issue with mine although mine seems to be linked to issues with the welcome lights not coming on every time when I approach the car. Dealer has tried updates but hasn't solved it. Ford are aware and working on a fix. (supposedly)
3. Ever since my dealer downloaded Ford Power Up 1.17.1 my main screen has also gone from dark to light although button in settings says dark. Ford are aware of this too.
4. Not had this issue.
5. Not had this issue.
6. Haven't got ambient lighting on mine. RWD ER
7. Try clicking on the speaker symbol when nav is on. If you don't want nav on then if you down swipe on the nav tab on the bottom of the screen it should disable.
8. Unless you drive like a snail with ALL accessories OFF you will NEVER get the claimed range. This is no different if you were driving an ICE vehicle. You will always lose range in winter. I got mine in May and up until October (ish) I was getting 4.1 - 4.5. Now I am getting 2.5 -3.5. Not a lot you can do about that.
9. Yes it does. Use seat/steering wheel heaters. Precondition while on a charger. Failing that, wear a coat. Not a lot you can do about that either.
10. Just because you haven't got heating systems on doesn't mean that the colder weather isn't going to affect your range. The battery still gets cold as well.
11. Haven't got this on mine and thought it wasn't available in the UK anyway.
12. Not had this issue.
13. Mine works.

Have you tried speaking to your dealer about your issues. If Ford don't know about them then they can't do anything to try and fix them. Your dealer should pass on to Ford your issues. They can also update your software and modules if they are needed. Not all cars get all updates so you could be waiting a long time. I can't emphasize enough the importance of speaking to your dealer.
Most of the issues listed could have been identified with a little research. Some of them apply to nearly all BEV's. EV database is a very good source for real world ranges for BEV's. Fully Charged.com use their figures in their reviews.
Still love mine though. Until something that I like better comes along I am sticking with it. I invested a lot of time (18 months) waiting for this car.

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
RE: 12 - when you press the unlock button on the port and the lights flash in a circular motion around the button, that is the point you need to unplug. If you wait for the lights to stop, it will have locked again. Press and unplug straight away, before the lights stop flashing ??
Sponsored