UK Customers

symos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lotus Esprit
Thanks for this, appreciate it.

One option for me would be to order from Northern Ireland (which is part of the UK).
Haha, how stupid of me, suggesting you order one from Europe when Ireland is a left-hand drive country! Completely forgot, seeing as Ireland is a "normal" country in most other aspects ?
Sponsored

Gforcemurphy

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant 2.0 TDI
Country flag
True that! Do you think youā€™d have any issues if you had someone else buy the car for you in NI and then they sell it to you 2nd hand, drive it home and register it as yours, or would that make no difference? Iā€™m not born in the UK, so please excuse me if this seems like an ignorant and daft question!
Not ignorant or daft at all.

I hadnā€™t thought of that, although I expect it might work out similar to me buying in NI myself and bringing it back over the border (assuming we avoid Armageddon).

We have something called VRT (vehicle registration tax) here - essentially a tax on an already taxed vehicle - for all imports, even EU imports. There is a partial rebate for EVs though, so NI might yet be the strategy if I get impatient.

Gforcemurphy

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant 2.0 TDI
Country flag
Haha, how stupid of me, suggesting you order one from Europe when Ireland is a left-hand drive country! Completely forgot, seeing as Ireland is a "normal" country in most other aspects ?
Not actually stupid! Some people do it, although youā€™re right the LHD / RHD is a big issue. That said, even taking VRT (see above) into account, the price difference is often quite significant. We get screwed here for prices.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
How many of us are there on this forum ??ā€ā™‚

I noticed that a lot of the US customers were saying that you could configure your order at a later date, however Iā€™ve spoken to the dedicated Mach-E team here in the UK and they have said it is not possible. I changed my mind on which variation I wanted and based on what I had read on here, I was just going to wait until the dealer called before I changed it. Iā€™m very glad I decided to check by ringing my allocated dealership... they were not able to help me with an answer and it took some being transferred around the Ford Trust UK switchboard until was eventually able to get a dedicated number for Mach-E customers. Iā€™m glad I did, as I rang them and I was told I would not be able to change my order at a later date unless I cancelled the pre-order and placed a new one. Thankfully they were very helpful and managed to go into their system and update my order without me having to cancel and re-order. Just thought I would share this info here, in case any of you here, like me, wanted to change your order and believe that you can do it at a later date. You canā€™t... at least not without losing your place in the queue.

Also, I havenā€™t found a thread for UK only customers, so I figured this can serve as one! It seems for the UK weā€™re even getting less info than those in the rest of Europe? Anyone else feel like this?
Had a similar problem. Ordered a RWD SR and then got to see one at Think Ford in Guildford that was doing the rounds of selected UK dealers. Specs were not what I thought I was getting. Rang mach e online sales team who were very helpful. Said that if I waited until order confirmation and changed specs a lot I might lose my build slot. Said they could change order for me. Now waiting on RWD ER

MadScientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
Reluctantly, in view of the current crisis, I've cancelled my Mach-E pre-order. I decided, I wasn't going to place a firm order for the car without seeing some independent reviews or some hands-on experience. Neither of these is going to happen anytime soon.

I'm going to wait until after the summer to see if the timelines are any firmer and decide from then. Hopefully there will be a few production cars around at that time. Good luck everyone and I hope the delay isn't too protracted.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
As far as I am aware we will not be required to commit any more funds at the confirm order stage. As the process so far, and I think up to actual delivery, has all taken place online the consumer regulations for online sales should apply here. If I am wrong in this assumption then if there any legally trained consumer law (UK) lawyers on here then please correct me as that is what I am working to. I have seen the car in the flesh, touched it, sat in it, adjusted seats etc for driving position, sat in back seats and I am even more interested in going all the way with this order. The only thing I haven't done is drive it. However, I haven't owned a Ford yet that I haven't enjoyed driving so I don't see why that should change with this car. And I have had quite a few. I, like an awful lot of people at the moment, am not working. Depending how long this lockdown continues for depends on what funds I have available. As long as the price for my chosen car (ER RWD) stays at Ā£49,900 then with my current car as part deposit and the finance options that are on the configure page of the preorder website the signs are favourable. I am going to leave the decision to cancel right to the very last minute. I fell in love with this car right from to word go and nothing that I have seen or read has changed my mind.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Reluctantly, in view of the current crisis, I've cancelled my Mach-E pre-order.
Sorry to hear this, mate. Hoping circumstances change in your favour soon.

Markyj

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw 435d
Country flag
Just joined. Iā€™ve got an AWD SR on order. Just realised though that this doesnā€™t come with the tech pack (which seems to only be available on the Extended Range models and is included in the price). Anyone any idea if U.K. is going to allow us to add this on as an option - which is available in the rest of Europe. I donā€™t want to have To get the ER version just to get these features.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Just joined. Iā€™ve got an AWD SR on order. Just realised though that this doesnā€™t come with the tech pack (which seems to only be available on the Extended Range models and is included in the price). Anyone any idea if U.K. is going to allow us to add this on as an option - which is available in the rest of Europe. I donā€™t want to have To get the ER version just to get these features.
Welcome! From what Iā€™ve gathered, itā€™s only the 4 variants available in the uk... AWD in SR & ER and RWD in SR & ER. I remember asking at the Ford Go Electric event if we would be able to upgrade features such as the 18ā€ to 19ā€ alloys and sunroof and I was told not. This was a while back though, so who know what the dealership will tell us, but unfortunately I donā€™t think it will be possible.

Markyj

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw 435d
Country flag
Welcome! From what Iā€™ve gathered, itā€™s only the 4 variants available in the uk... AWD in SR & ER and RWD in SR & ER. I remember asking at the Ford Go Electric event if we would be able to upgrade features such as the 18ā€ to 19ā€ alloys and sunroof and I was told not. This was a while back though, so who know what the dealership will tell us, but unfortunately I donā€™t think it will be possible.
Thanks for quick response. Really frustrating if they donā€™t let us upgrade a few things. As you said that was a while back so hopefully things may have changed. Guess weā€™ll find out when it comes To firming up our orders! Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ll progress my order if I canā€™t. I need the AWD version but not willing to spend extra Ā£10k or so to get the ER with all bells and whistles. Frustrating we donā€™t really have a firm sales team we can engage with at this time.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Frustrating we donā€™t really have a firm sales team we can engage with at this time.
Yeah, weā€™ve all got loads of questions and not many places we can get answers right now. Their e-sales team, if youā€™ve not already spoken to them, are quite helpful - [email protected] - also, your dealership should be open now, so maybe worth giving them a buzz as well?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Thanks for quick response. Really frustrating if they donā€™t let us upgrade a few things. As you said that was a while back so hopefully things may have changed. Guess weā€™ll find out when it comes To firming up our orders! Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ll progress my order if I canā€™t. I need the AWD version but not willing to spend extra Ā£10k or so to get the ER with all bells and whistles. Frustrating we donā€™t really have a firm sales team we can engage with at this time.
As S J OKAY said the tech pack is only available on the ER variants. I initially ordered the RWD SR late Feb but after seeing the car at the beginning of March and talking to the guys doing the presentation I found out that it came with next to no 'comforts'. I rang the Ford UK Mach e online sales team and changed it to RWD ER which gave me almost everything. I would take an educated guess and say what you see on the preorder website is what you get. If I am wrong then we will find out when we come to confirm our order.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Just adding my 2p worth and saying Hi to all the other UK customers. Some of you Iā€™ve got to know already - some not. Always happy to answer questions ?