First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
OK, so my dealer has just reported back from Ford on my issues:

Finance - Will remain as it is at 4.9%. They won’t even do 4.8% no chance of 2.9%.

Keys - They are not replacing any keys for anyone in the UK. This might change for future orders.

‘Hold’ Issue - No update.

I’m 90% certain I’m out now.

This is crap customer service by anyone’s standards!!
Sponsored

Last edited:

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
#Keygate - This is Fords official response:

“The standard key design is what has been supplied from the factory with the vehicle and is not subject to be changed based on their feedback but it is noted by our Product team as customer feedback for future development.”

This is clearly a load of Bull S#!t as we are the only ones to get these keys.

They are treating us like fools and really mugging me off now!

BlackheathDiggs

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER (Black)
Country flag

“The standard key design is what has been supplied from the factory with the vehicle and is not subject to be changed based on their feedback but it is noted by our Product team as customer feedback for future development.”

Yes, and I think someone on here said that the vehicles had been shipped with one Mustang key from Mexico, which was then removed on arrival in Antwerp, and replaced with the 2 cr*p ones. So this is a total lie from Ford.

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
Yes, and I think someone on here said that the vehicles had been shipped with one Mustang key from Mexico, which was then removed on arrival in Antwerp, and replaced with the 2 cr*p ones. So this is a total lie from Ford.
I suspect they have not ordered enough keys for us or they are trying to save money.

There are so many people in the US ordering a second key.

They knew they would have to provide us with two because we can’t have PAAK.

My guess is they have given us two crap keys and they will sell ours in the US.

Saves money on our keys and makes money for the US market.

They seem to be sticking to the party line so I don’t know what the next move is?

al14

First Name
Alisdair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e RWD extended range
Occupation
Taiji Instructor
Country flag
I think the smell of my mats was actually the packing they came in as the mats don’t seem to smell at all now. ?

I did waver over ordering the rubber boot liner - or the folding out multipurpose one. Went with the multipurpose.

@al14 So yes the neoprene fold out flap is there specifically to protect the boot opening while you are loading/unloading. If you fold down the rear seats the mat can be unfolded out to protect the whole boot space back of the seats and reveals a rubberised surface layer. It’s quite a clever design really.
Thanks

Smoothbond

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD
Country flag

Turns out the Mustang Key fobs being issued (at least in Europe) don’t have motion sensing but the ’crap’ Ford branded ones assigned to the UK have it. I wont be swapping for Mustang Keys thank you.

Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1926 Chrysler 60, 1929 Austin 7, 1965 Ford Anglia
Country flag
Turns out the Mustang Key fobs being issued (at least in Europe) don’t have motion sensing but the ’crap’ Ford branded ones assigned to the UK have it. I wont be swapping for Mustang Keys thank you.
Seconded. I prefer security over looks for something that lives in my pocket. Plus the Mach E key is pretty bloody clunky and cheap looking in its own way. Faux chrome and all.

Holy Driver

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD SR
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Really?
Ford logo key has motion sensor and the mustang logo keys not?
What a crap

mach-e-2021

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Mach-E AWD SR
Occupation
Telecoms Engineer
Country flag
{"lifeCycleMode":"NORMAL",

What does this mean, I'm sure it was "Transport" previously.

Smoothbond

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD
Country flag

KBahn

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD ER, Porsche Cayenne
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
https://www.whatcar.com/news/ford-t...with-sleeping-key-fob-on-kuga-and-puma/n19213

This article confirms that the MME is indeed using motion-sensing keys in the UK.... they do not appear to use the same technology in the USA.... looking at the US aftermarket key fob it does not show motion-sensing as a feature.

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e (currently have ioniq)
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
So surely if this was always part of the plan, they should have made a batch of these same fobs but put a Mustang logo on it.

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I won't get my car until mid september at the earliest (that's why I'm not taking much part if any in the WhatsApp group as I'll just get in your way!

But the key doesn't greatly bother me, if I get a plain generic Ford key I'll modify it using a key fob with a Mustang- take a look on e-bay, fill yer boots!

Last edited:

Smoothbond

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD
Country flag
So surely if this was always part of the plan, they should have made a batch of these same fobs but put a Mustang logo on it.
That may be on the road map for future models but not considered critical for the launch.
Sponsored