James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Mach-E AWD SR
Occupation
Telecoms Engineer
Country flag
Think the dealers are not making a profit so there isn't any incentive to sell these. Hope in the long run that doesn't spoil the sales of this car. You need a driven sales force (sorry for the pun) to push the car out the door.
My brother works in a dealership for a different motor manufacturer and they get around 2000 GBP on these type of deals from the manufacturer for delivering cars ordered direct online.

So I wouldn't say there is nothing for the dealers, unless Ford are been cheap and only paying 500 GBP or something which I can't believe.

They will also get to upsell all the addons - Gap, Wheel Insurance, Coatings, Service Plans.

I really don't feel this model gives the dealers the right to be so uninterested as they still have scope to profit.
Sponsored

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
The updates have several identifiers (just to add to the confusion). Each OTA has a reference, and when it is installed it will increment your SYNC software build version as well.

As an example last weeks OTA was called "Ford PowerUp 1.3.0", and this updated SYNC to be Version 21139 Rev 263

I believe last week when we were getting Power-Up 1.3 the USA was getting Power-Up 1.4, but they are also running on at least one version ahead of us on the FordPass app as well.

You can see your SYNC version by going to: Settings --> General --> About SYNC.
When an OTA applies you will get a pop up giving the version no. This will stay visible for a few days.

Hope this helps.

Tone

431058E4-26FA-4148-886D-693233A89578.jpeg
A4CD7ABD-4CFF-49CC-BCC8-638F06798761.jpeg
Wait, is the U.K. getting OTAā€™s?? How many so far? Iā€™ve not had a single oneā€¦ nothing ever shows up.
I had one attempted 7th and one attempted last night. Assume they were the same one (1.3.0) that we got at the dealer

1626419331755.jpeg
As it doesn't tell us a version number or any details of the fixes we don't know if it's the same one failing each time or loads of different ota individual releases that each fail.
Exactly the same experience for me - not sure if it's something to try and fix, or just leave? I'd ask my dealer, but they wouldn't have a clue!
Hi all

Firstly, thanks @Wonky_Donkey for detailing how to check what version we are actually running and explaining the various elements. That's really helpful - although as you say, it is somewhat confusing ?

My concern is, as with the others who have just had another failed update, it is impossible to tell which update they are talking about and why it failed.

I had two message on the most recent failed update - the first just a notification that "it failed" and the second was as above for @JStepha the more formal "prettier" message with the picture saying it failed ?

I have checked my wifi many times and it is fine, and have twice set different Schedule Updates since the first one failed, and nothing has happened. And yet, when I check in the car this morning it says "Your System is Up To Date" - how can it be ?

I really don't understand the Ford OTA process (and they certainly have not explained it as far as I can see !). Why does it seem to place so much reliance on our wifi connection when they have their own connectivity to the car? Why can't we "pull" the update, once they have determined the car is on their schedule to be updated, rather than relying on (as it appears) that they try to "push" the update?

It would just be nice if, occasionally, something worked correctly ?

EssexChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER
Country flag
Exactly the same experience for me - not sure if it's something to try and fix, or just leave? I'd ask my dealer, but they wouldn't have a clue!
Same here. Twice this has happened.
1st time a few weeks back. Vehicle status in the fordpass had a red x for a good few days then went green tick. Assumed it had been done.
This morning had the red x again, but that has already gone green tick.
So who knows.

TonyA

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach e
Country flag
Well, my car isnā€™t on ADELINE. Just checked it now and itā€™s now in a massive car park in Flushing. Oh wellā€¦.letā€™s see how long it sits there forā€¦
Any more news today, mine has gone compound out, and showing 721 whatever that means, still no one has activated my Ford Pass App as yet.

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
Any more news today, mine has gone compound out, and showing 721 whatever that means, still no one has activated my Ford Pass App as yet.
Not for me. Car is sat in Flushing compound still. CELESTINE is currently docked there, with next stop Dagenham, but I guess I'm at the back of the queue to catch a boat

A57E6EAF-35AC-4548-ACA9-3C19576EFFCF.png

TonyA

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach e
Country flag
Not for me. Car is sat in Flushing compound still. CELESTINE is currently docked there, with next stop Dagenham, but I guess I'm at the back of the queue to catch a boat

A57E6EAF-35AC-4548-ACA9-3C19576EFFCF.png
Bloody frustrating isn't it, I don't even know if mine is still in Antwerp or not.

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Bloody frustrating isn't it, I don't even know if mine is still in Antwerp or not.
I would say ask your dealer to check Vista, but my dealer confirmed this morning that Vista shows "COMPOUND OUT - ANTWERP" this morning, even though the car was in Flushing yesterday.

robert007ssmuel

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S-Max, Mach E RWD EX Rapid Red.
Country flag
Just got another failed update. Not sure to go with times download or auto download, at this time not worked with either.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Yeah I just got another 'failed update' at least the 2nd today. The message is pointless as it has no context in it.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
My brother works in a dealership for a different motor manufacturer and they get around 2000 GBP on these type of deals from the manufacturer for delivering cars ordered direct online.

So I wouldn't say there is nothing for the dealers, unless Ford are been cheap and only paying 500 GBP or something which I can't believe.

They will also get to upsell all the addons - Gap, Wheel Insurance, Coatings, Service Plans.

I really don't feel this model gives the dealers the right to be so uninterested as they still have scope to profit.
A dealer was offering a Ā£500 discount on carwow for a while suggesting their cut/handling fee will obviously be in excess of that amount.

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
The higher ups at Ford have been aware of these issues for over a year. I (and many others) sent numerous emails, tweets and Facebook rants to those that we could and here we are STILL having the same issues. Dealer apathy, no information and worse of all for those of you that are still waiting NO eta's. I'm sorry, but if they haven't fixed the issues by now then I'm afraid they ain't going to.
Yep, I've now got the "no eta's" problem! Earlier this week they actually couldn't find my car, they didn't know where it was. Yesterday morning they had finally confirmed it's still in Dagenham, promised an eta to dealer by end of this afternoon, just got an email still no eta, they'll let me know by Tuesday afternoon! It's now 2 weeks it's in theory been sitting in Dagenham, although I have had tapps update first thing this morning, with one hour between tappsdate and vehicledate. They've only got to get it from Dagenham to Colchester (54 miles) - crazily deliveries to Hastings have to go via Colchester, after sitting in Colchester for 2 days!!!

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
Think the dealers are not making a profit so there isn't any incentive to sell these. Hope in the long run that doesn't spoil the sales of this car. You need a driven sales force (sorry for the pun) to push the car out the door.
The sounds coming out of my dealer are actually very good, they promise me that as soon as they get my car they will PDI and Diamondbrite it so I can have it ASAP - the problem is Ford getting it to them in the first place - 2 weeks and counting in Dagenham!

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok donā€™t want to get hopes up but my car has just moved again, and itā€™s now not communicating with fordpass. CELESTINE is just finishing loading up so Iā€™ll check again later.

KBahn

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD ER, Porsche Cayenne
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ok donā€™t want to get hopes up but my car has just moved again, and itā€™s now not communicating with fordpass. CELESTINE is just finishing loading up so Iā€™ll check again later.
Iā€™m also Compound Out again after switching twice in the last 2 days, so suspect Iā€™m also in Flushing - my tappstime has recently updated again for 16:00 today, so maybe loaded up onto CELESTINEā€¦.. weā€™ll seeā€¦.
Sponsored