UK Customers

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Volvo XC90, Ducati Scrambler 1100
Country flag
I cancelled my order at the start of the week by email to the dealer and Ford UK Corporate.

Haven't heard anything back from either ..
So.. this is what I got from Rebecca when I asked about cancelling one of my two identical orders...

Screenshot_20210122-080820.png
Sponsored

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
It just goes to prove the contempt and sheer ignorance of Ford in the way they have treated us during this whole MME purchasing process I tweeted Emma Bergg earlier in the week. For those of you who don't know, she is the Global EV Communications Manager for Ford. I think I was quite polite in asking why mine, aka UK cars, have been sat in Mexico since the beginning of December and haven't been shipped yet. I think she needs to get another job. She is not very good at communicating. Not heard anything. Not even 'I'll look into it for you'. Thanks Emma. Good job.

RegP

First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, AWD, Std
Country flag
It just goes to prove the contempt and sheer ignorance of Ford in the way they have treated us during this whole MME purchasing process I tweeted Emma Bergg earlier in the week. For those of you who don't know, she is the Global EV Communications Manager for Ford. I think I was quite polite in asking why mine, aka UK cars, have been sat in Mexico since the beginning of December and haven't been shipped yet. I think she needs to get another job. She is not very good at communicating. Not heard anything. Not even 'I'll look into it for you'. Thanks Emma. Good job.
Unbelievable! No, wait, no itā€™s not........

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
I can only sympathise with the ā€˜veteransā€™ on here...

Iā€™m a relative newbie at this but even Iā€™m frustrated. 6 weeks since I place my order and Iā€™m still no wiser on my finance application or anything else.
Concierge told me to contact ā€˜customer relationsā€™, customer relations told me to contact dealer and dealer told me to contact customer relations . Iā€™m starting to feel like a hot potato!?
Apparently an investigation is under way but I havenā€™t heard anything for a week. I sent another email yesterday so will see what happens.
Iā€™m now adopting the Ford attitude myself. ā€˜Que sera seraā€™?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I've just found her email address. Lets see if that gets a reply.

Nick Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E RWD SR
Country flag
I've just found her email address. Lets see if that gets a reply.
she's the Global comms manager of one of the biggest companies on the planet

your best reaching out to someone more locally

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag

Don't you think I have already tried that. My dealer and his contacts don't know anything, concierge team don't know/won't tell me anything, FordUK can't seem to tell me anything. If you can think of anyone else "more locally" I can try to get any information from then please share. I'm sure not only me would be grateful for your 'insight'

bazzac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I can't think of anyone better to get some "communication" from. Can you??????
It might be an idea that you send her a link and invite her to review the discussions on this forum sop she can get a sense of depth of frustration from customers across the UK.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
On
It might be an idea that you send her a link and invite her to review the discussions on this forum sop she can get a sense of depth of frustration from customers across the UK.
One step at a time. Let's communicate first

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
This is no consolation at all but I have been here before when I preordered a VW ID.3. The communications were appalling and then the spec and the price disappointing so I gave up. The dealer network knew less than I did and I was left frustrated and feeling like I no longer wanted it.

Then you start to join a different queue and get largely the same. I actually think Ford has been slightly better as at least my dealer has heard of the car and the price and spec has been stable.

Of course I would have had my ID.3 by now but in the end it wasn't a car I really wanted. The MME is.

So I will wait in the queue and let Ford sort themselves out. I get the frustration of course but that will be forgotten on collection... I hope :)

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
This is no consolation at all but I have been here before when I preordered a VW ID.3. The communications were appalling and then the spec and the price disappointing so I gave up. The dealer network knew less than I did and I was left frustrated and feeling like I no longer wanted it.

Then you start to join a different queue and get largely the same. I actually think Ford has been slightly better as at least my dealer has heard of the car and the price and spec has been stable.

Of course I would have had my ID.3 by now but in the end it wasn't a car I really wanted. The MME is.

So I will wait in the queue and let Ford sort themselves out. I get the frustration of course but that will be forgotten on collection... I hope :)
I'm in a similar situation. Had an e2008 on order but like you the spec wasn't as advertised so I cancelled it and ordered the MME I too would be driving the e2008 if I had stuck with it but it wasn't really what I wanted either. It was the best around at the time.

Smoothbond

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD
Country flag
Order has been sucessfully cancelled, I swear it was easier getting a PS5 on launch day. I have no idea what the Mach E team are up to but the communication between them and the dealerships is woeful at best. Onine system says , you cant cancel online call the delership, dealership says, sorry you need to cancel online, we've never done this before, we have no access to cancel an online order. This went on for 2 days straight. Finally after a lot of hairpulling and raised voices, I made some progress and got the confirmation email a few minutes ago. Its been great hangin with you guys over the last 12 months and good luck with your orders. I'll be peeking in once in a while just to get some firsthand reviews from those of you who get your cars imminently. Peace, I'm out.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag

It's her job, it's not for Grahame to work out how it suits them and she's ironically got "communications" in her job title.
Sponsored

Last edited: