Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
So was just doing my usual check of the Ford UK Website, and I noticed on the Mach-E vehicle comparison page it says delivery is now “Spring 2021” :(

This is a change from the previous “Early 2021” which kinda inferred Jan - March timeframe. This new text makes me think April - May.

You could say “Well that’s just for new orders” - “they’re bound to be later” - but it’s showing Spring on the First Edition models as well which have been sold out for reservations since last January.

I do sincerely hope I’m wrong on this!
Sponsored

Mchaelme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes i saw this the other day too. At least it gives time for more manufacturers to launch their models and see what alternatives there are.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I noticed this the other day also. I have it on good authority that the 'spring 2021' date is for NEW preorders only. Existing preorders are still being planned for delivery 'early 2021'. No idea on what/when the line was drawn between existing/new preorders. I supposed we will just have to wait and see.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I noticed this the other day also. I have it on good authority that the 'spring 2021' date is for NEW preorders only. Existing preorders are still being planned for delivery 'early 2021'. No idea on what/when the line was drawn between existing/new preorders. I supposed we will just have to wait and see.
?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Well guys, after having had my preorder in the system for 5 months I have finally heard from my dealer, albeit after firing off a rant on their website. Turns out ,so they say, that when Ford passed on my details to them they misspelled my email address so consequently they haven't been able to send me updates. Just seems odd that I have been getting one or two emails from Ford. Never mind, I'm confirmed as being in their system which is good and with the right configuration. Bring it on.

Markyj

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw 435d
Country flag
Well guys, after having had my preorder in the system for 5 months I have finally heard from my dealer, albeit after firing off a rant on their website. Turns out ,so they say, that when Ford passed on my details to them they misspelled my email address so consequently they haven't been able to send me updates. Just seems odd that I have been getting one or two emails from Ford. Never mind, I'm confirmed as being in their system which is good and with the right configuration. Bring it on.
I’ve not heard anything from my dealer. Think I’ll call them in the morning...... so did you get any useful updates? I’m guessing prob not!

OP
OP
Wonky_Donkey

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I’ve not heard anything from my dealer. Think I’ll call them in the morning...... so did you get any useful updates? I’m guessing prob not!
Last time I spoke to my UK dealership they were super lovely, and told me that my order was pre-loaded into the proper ordering system, but didn't have any firm news on when the next steps might happen. They seemed pretty clued up, and thankfully because our deposits from ford.co.uk website were actually processed by the dealership, we don't have the complication of money being refunded and recharged like they do in the USA.

Just seems like a waiting game right now - everything has gone quiet - the website isn't being messed with regularly like it was before. Hopefully something is imminent.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Didn't get anything that I didn't already know unfortunately. Just happy that they finally got in touch.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Last time I spoke to my UK dealership they were super lovely, and told me that my order was pre-loaded into the proper ordering system, but didn't have any firm news on when the next steps might happen. They seemed pretty clued up, and thankfully because our deposits from ford.co.uk website were actually processed by the dealership, we don't have the complication of money being refunded and recharged like they do in the USA.

Just seems like a waiting game right now - everything has gone quiet - the website isn't being messed with regularly like it was before. Hopefully something is imminent.
????

OP
OP
Wonky_Donkey

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Delayed again. Not being built until February now
Lots has changed since this thread was started, but what has become clear recently is that there is now a broad spectrum of build and delivery dates based on when pre-orders were placed.

Some UK vehicles have already been built in December, and are still on track for the “Early 2021” estimates Ford originally quoted.

Unfortunately there are some UK configurations that have slipped to February build dates, but this does not apply across the board.

Just thought it was important to clarify that.

Samkanu

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
Lots has changed since this thread was started, but what has become clear recently is that there is now a broad spectrum of build and delivery dates based on when pre-orders were placed.

Some UK vehicles have already been built in December, and are still on track for the “Early 2021” estimates Ford originally quoted.

Unfortunately there are some UK configurations that have slipped to February build dates, but this does not apply across the board.

Just thought it was important to clarify that.
Thanks for clarifying. Serves me right for only submitting order in September ?

OP
OP
Wonky_Donkey

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Thanks for clarifying. Serves me right for only submitting order in September ?
Don’t be hard on yourself for coming to the party a little later. I don’t think Ford have been totally honest with us the whole way through this process on when deliveries might actually happen.

I think they had a solid schedule, but then that pesky pandemic kinda got in the way! The problem came in that they were rubbish at updating us on the revised schedule, and let those who were ordering quite recently still believe that they would get their cars at the same time as those who ordered a year ago.

The advantage for you is that your elapsed time between pre-order and eventual delivery will be waaaay shorter than the early adopters

Samkanu

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
Don’t be hard on yourself for coming to the party a little later. I don’t think Ford have been totally honest with us the whole way through this process on when deliveries might actually happen.

I think they had a solid schedule, but then that pesky pandemic kinda got in the way! The problem came in that they were rubbish at updating us on the revised schedule, and let those who were ordering quite recently still believe that they would get their cars at the same time as those who ordered a year ago.

The advantage for you is that your elapsed time between pre-order and eventual delivery will be waaaay shorter than the early adopters
Good point ?
I spent too long deciding between the Tesla and the Mach e. It should never have taken so long. Good things come to those that wait.... hopefully
Sponsored