First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Hi all,

I have a mach-e on order and estimated to arrive around February/March. I have done a lot of googling on wall chargers but wondering what our UK community would recommend when it comes specifically to the Mach-E.

Ford have been quite pushy on me getting the Ford Connected WallBox and said there are "features" in the ford app that won't work if I go with a Non-Ford wallbox.

Would you guys be able to share your thoughts / recommendations on wall chargers for the Mach-e - UK Market.

Thanks,

Alan
Sponsored

hellcatpete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT (on order) , Mach-E RWD ER, SRT Hellcat
Country flag
I would not recommend the Ford Wallbox, it involves British Gas installing it. We waited over 5 months for them, gave up in the end and installed the Hypervolt charger and it has been great
Even my Ford dealer has told me he is not recommending it anymore as he has had several similar complaints.
About two weeks after we has it installed British Gas called saying they had noticed we had been waiting a long time for our charger but would be hearing something soon!!

Last edited:

MuckyMach-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e AWD Extended Range
Country flag
I had the Wallbox Pulsar Plus installed by Bumblebee EV back in April last year and it has been flawless. Can heartily recommend Bumblebee EV too as they installed within the week and were super competitive. Really tidy job too.

OP
OP

AlanC

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
thanks for the quick replies!

I have been seeing a lot of recommendations in other places for the Easee One and the Hypervolt chargers. has anyone had any experience with these with the Mach-E?

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
I use a myenergi Zappi. No complaints from me

CloverRover

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Field Service Engineer
Country flag
I've got a PodPoint charger, was installed after 2 weeks of the order going in. Not had any issues with it so far 🤞

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I got my MME ER RWD in May 2021 and had to have my garage enlarged to accommodate it. The car comes with a Ford Variopower moblie charger which has a 3 pin 16 amp plugged lead AND a 32 amp Commando plugged lead. This is what I have been using at home all the time since I got the car. The socket to plug it in to cost me £32 from Amazon and the electrics were run when I had the electrics done for the garage. All in all, much cheaper than a wall box. Although NOT smart in any sense of the word, I set charging times for my cheap rate through the car/FP app. Not had any issues (so far).

ocr_salty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
I have SyncEV Compact and it's great, its really small on the house and works fine for charging the Mach-E either in dumb mode or smarty mode.

cgp777

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I went with Hypervolt, after a fair bit of research. the app has had some teething issues, but has been positively updated and works well enough for me. The charger itself is really good and has been reliable, tho would recommend hard-wiring to the wifi if pos.
I also liked the easy-to-reach customer support, always keen to help. A nice touch these days!
Sponsored