UK PICG of £3500 for pre-orders prior to April 2020.

crustbusta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Pace (BRG)
Country flag
Apologies if my question has been asked and answered elsewhere in the forum.
I pre-ordered a Grabber Blue First Edition on the 19th November 2019. At that time the UK PICG was £3,500. Subsequent to that, in April 2020 the UK government changed that to £0 for cars over £50,000, So my question (to Ford who thus far have not answered), does my pre-order attract the PICG of £3,500 which was then in force or is my pre order merely an expensive reservation as some have suggested and will not qualify.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I pre-ordered a Grabber Blue First Edition on the 19th November 2019. At that time the UK PICG was £3,500. Subsequent to that, in April 2020 the UK government changed that to £0 for cars over £50,000, So my question (to Ford who thus far have not answered), does my pre-order attract the PICG of £3,500 which was then in force or is my pre order merely an expensive reservation as some have suggested and will not qualify.
I would be astonished if the law wasn't worded to be based on the date you actually complete the transaction (take delivery), rather than when you reserved it with the manufacturer. But, I am an American so what do I know?

MadScientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
It was only a pre-order so I would say the chances of a £3500 grant are zero. If the list price changes to <£50k then you would get £3000, else nothing. You won't pay the luxury tax in years 2-5 however.

Last edited:

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
The dealer has to register the car with dvla and needs a vin to do this. When you ordered the car doesnt count.

OP
OP

crustbusta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Pace (BRG)
Country flag
Thank you all for replying.
When/if Ford reply to my question I'll update this post accordingly with their response.

OP
OP

crustbusta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Pace (BRG)
Country flag
Actually you maybe correct in that Ford might not be the best people to ask about PICG matters.

RE: Tesla, both my bosses drive the Model S and love them but are struggling with the total lack of service currently [not] being provided to them due to the success of the Model 3.

I just hope Ford UK put as much effort into service as they have done in marketing and you know what I'm very optimistic at this point they will as the EV is the future.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Bit late to the party on this one - but the fact that Ford adjusted the Mach-E RWD ER pricing to take into account the grant changes.... that's your answer right there!

So unfortunately the new eligibility rules will 100% apply to your pre-order, and mean that you will not be entitled to claim the old £3,500 grant or the revised £3,000 grant on the First Edition model.

I know - it sucks big time - but look on the bright side - the new rules mean you don't have to pay the £1,600 showroom tax (£320 a year car tax supplement for years 2-6) - so it's not a total loss.

If you want to rant at anyone - I suggest you get in touch with your local MP - it's not Ford's decision.
Sponsored