Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Such great news - and I'm pretty sure that the £3k grant is based on RRP per model type, not including options (eg paint / wheels etc). It's certainly the assumption Elon's website works on.

This now means all current UK specifications except the AWD ER are now eligible - which I'm sure will help Ford in their marketing going forward.
Sponsored

OP
OP
portlandg

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I wanted in black but my partner is not having it ?

I particularly like the wheel arches matching the body.
As I said in an earlier post I didn't really like the other colours that are offered anyway. Luckily the black was the standard colour at no extra charge. Saw a grey one at an event in Guildford early March which didn't look too bad. Would have been my second choice if it wasnt for the fact that my current Kuga is also grey. Had a black Focus CC3 a few years ago and thought it was good. Luckily my wife says it's my car so the choice is mine. Havent told her yet that I changed from SR RWD to ER RWD so the news today that the price had been reduced to put it within the PICG scope was most welcome

OP
OP
portlandg

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Got some bad news for those of us in UK who have preordered a ER RWD. Ford have increased the price. It is now £49980. Still under the £50,000 PICG limit, but no wriggle room. ??
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Pricing Lowered For RWD Extended Range Mach-E, Qualifying  Some Configurations For Tax Credit Screenshot_20200416-094825_Samsung Internet

Last edited:

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Got some bad news for those of us in UK who have preordered a ER RWD. Ford have increased the price. It is now £49980. Still under the £50,000 PICG limit, but no wriggle room. ??
Looks like someone at Ford UK is refining pricing ready for orders :) The +£80 change in price is reflected across the entire range of UK Mach-E models, not just on the RWD ER.

The change to the website gives away the reason -before the price was always referred to as a "Recommended Retail Price" (RRP). It's now referred as an "On The Road Price" - which includes delivery, number plates, and registration.

For the RWD ER the base price is still under the magic £50,000 which is the important thing. As I've stated before it's only this base price that affects the grant eligibility - any options for paint etc do not count or affect the eligibility.

Rest easy in the knowledge that even if you have it in Rapid Red or any of the other premium colours and bump the price to £51,130 it is still eligible.

Last edited:

MadScientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
Mach-E - extended range, RWD - £49,980 (standard black colour, without grant)

Tesla Model 3 - long range - £49,990 (standard white colour, without grant)

There seems to be a pattern emerging here. :)

OP
OP
portlandg

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Looks like someone at Ford UK is refining the profit margins to the max! ?

There is one very important subtle change here - it was always referred to as a "Recommended Retail Price" (RRP) - it's now referred as an "On The Road Price" - which includes delivery and registration. That may be the reason for the small change.

So it's only an £80 increase - and it's still under the magic £50,000 overall. As I've stated before it's only this base price that affects the grant eligibility - any options for paint etc do not count or affect the eligibility.

Rest easy in the knowledge that even if you have it in Rapid Red or any of the other premium colours and bump the price to £51,130 it is still eligible.
Well spotted. Didn't see the change to on the road price. Hopefully that will stay.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Well spotted. Didn't see the change to on the road price. Hopefully that will stay.
I just edited my original reply - looks like the £80 is across the entire range - so it's a pricing transparency thing for OTR rather than an increase as such.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
:oops: Just noticed something else - they have added £100 to the premium paint options!

Was £1,050 extra for Rapid Red, Star White, or Carbonised Grey - it's now £1,150

So they've managed to claw back most of the price reductions to make it grant eligible via alternate means (ie paint and OTR pricing)

Last edited:

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
With those price increases, it makes you wonder if they have more confidence, for whatever reason, that they'll see whatever they produce.
Sponsored