Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Absolute Black
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Had my car 3 months and have only done just over 600 miles, in general pleased with it, although i find the suspension harsh, anyhow with reference to recalls i`ve had 3 notifications.

1: If i have a panoramic roof it needs needs extra gunge added.

2: Windscreen needs to be removed and re-sealed.

3: Number 2 has just been updated to the heated screen connector might also be liable to corrosion in the future so that will need attention, i will be contacted when a new screen is available.

Number 1 appears to be a general, in case, option, it doesn`t actually specify my car, which does have the pano roof. My car roof is spot on fit wise, no gaps, no wind noise. The windscreen is also fine.

The only gripe i have is with the suspension, no give, the car feels like it`s overloaded, not mentioned in recalls, it should be.

Is everybody getting the same/similar recalls. What is the general view, if your car feels/looks ok ignore them or go ahead with them ?

Looking at pics of some of the results of having the work done will it be the start of a long battle to get your car back to how you expect it to be.

I am regretting going electric, 3 months and numerous emails, phone calls, still no wall charger, recalls, 59k should have not had these problems, where`s Henry, give me back my GT..........................

p.s.
Having said all that it still puts a smile on my face especially at traffic lights when the boy racer with his gt and trash can exhaust gets left way behind grandad and his suv, lol
Sponsored

mustangguy64

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
64 Mustang Convertible, 2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Had my car 3 months and have only done just over 600 miles, in general pleased with it, although i find the suspension harsh, anyhow with reference to recalls i`ve had 3 notifications.

1: If i have a panoramic roof it needs needs extra gunge added.

2: Windscreen needs to be removed and re-sealed.

3: Number 2 has just been updated to the heated screen connector might also be liable to corrosion in the future so that will need attention, i will be contacted when a new screen is available.

Number 1 appears to be a general, in case, option, it doesn`t actually specify my car, which does have the pano roof. My car roof is spot on fit wise, no gaps, no wind noise. The windscreen is also fine.

The only gripe i have is with the suspension, no give, the car feels like it`s overloaded, not mentioned in recalls, it should be.

Is everybody getting the same/similar recalls. What is the general view, if your car feels/looks ok ignore them or go ahead with them ?

Looking at pics of some of the results of having the work done will it be the start of a long battle to get your car back to how you expect it to be.

I am regretting going electric, 3 months and numerous emails, phone calls, still no wall charger, recalls, 59k should have not had these problems, where`s Henry, give me back my GT..........................

p.s.
Having said all that it still puts a smile on my face especially at traffic lights when the boy racer with his gt and trash can exhaust gets left way behind grandad and his suv, lol
Anyone with Mach-Es with build dates between Feb 24 and Jun 18 is subject to the recalls for windscreen and Pano roof. Have you checked the shipping brackets were removed in the PDI? There are reports of a few dealers missing this step out on both MMEs and S550s. These are simple spacers that go on the front springs to limit suspension travel during shipping. Believe they are yellow so should be easily visible

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
Anyone with Mach-Es with build dates between Feb 24 and Jun 18 is subject to the recalls for windscreen and Pano roof. Have you checked the shipping brackets were removed in the PDI? There are reports of a few dealers missing this step out on both MMEs and S550s. These are simple spacers that go on the front springs to limit suspension travel during shipping. Believe they are yellow so should be easily visible
i have had the car for just over 3 months and 2.5k miles. i love it, but yeah, the suspension is hard to ignore, especially after driving a Jag.

i don't know how visible the spacers are ... i have tried to look beneath my MachE several times but can't even see the springs.

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
did you order the wall charger from the dealer? going with other fitters would have been way way faster.

dwadj

First Name
Davy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 2021 J2 Awd ER, Transit Custom Lim aut
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
i have had the car for just over 3 months and 2.5k miles. i love it, but yeah, the suspension is hard to ignore, especially after driving a Jag.

i don't know how visible the spacers are ... i have tried to look beneath my MachE several times but can't even see the springs.
Yes indeed, I think when the MME is your sole vehicle, you probably get used to the bouncy ride...
However, when you have serveral vehicles, like me, every time you take the MME, it's hard to not ignore the bouncy/hard ride....
And yes, also checked, but no spacers on mine...
The front suspension seems to be performing worse than our Transit customs leaf spring back suspension on empty weight....

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
The weird thing is that FORD have said that the cars affected are the ones built between Feb 2020 and June 2021. Given that the factory wasn't even producing customer cars at this time and because of problems in getting all the necessary machinery in and set up due to the pandemic they didn't start production until 3rd quarter 2020, way after the Feb date. I even queried the date range with Hannah and she confirmed that this was the correct dates. The windscreen recall is on hold at the moment, issues with backup stock I think, so my dealer is going to do the pano roof and the software update in the new year. He told me that they will have to drop the headliner and squirt more mastic between the glass and bodywork so he is going to do a test run on his demo first.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
I have a SR AWD Dec 20 build and didn't get any recall. Not sure If there is a mistake there.

rodbin

First Name
rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache Jaguar Triumph Mini
Occupation
Coffee
Country flag
Had the recall on app no email. Lived with car 4 months over 3,000 miles First thing my wife said was it felt hard (the suspension!) Several who have driven my car have mentioned the harshness of the suspension. Still like the car although the range rant is still there with nothing seeming to match reality. Ford "fail" app continuing to give incorrect information I keep a diary of all the wrongs on the app have emailed Ford no answers yet.
Anyone figured out what "Ext Temp" refers to on usage I thought it was how much external temperature was affecting battery but at 2 degrees it was 0% and at 10 degrees it as showing 6%

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Had the recall on app no email. Lived with car 4 months over 3,000 miles First thing my wife said was it felt hard (the suspension!) Several who have driven my car have mentioned the harshness of the suspension. Still like the car although the range rant is still there with nothing seeming to match reality. Ford "fail" app continuing to give incorrect information I keep a diary of all the wrongs on the app have emailed Ford no answers yet.
Anyone figured out what "Ext Temp" refers to on usage I thought it was how much external temperature was affecting battery but at 2 degrees it was 0% and at 10 degrees it as showing 6%
looks like you have driven a Jag too previously, so absolutely the rides are incomparable.

i love my Mach E and the way i have rationalized the ride discomfort is:

i wanted an SUV with a sizeable range.

i test drove the Audi eTron and the ride was whisper smooth but real world range was lower than the Mach E and for the same tech and gadgets (pano roof for instance), would have easily set me back by 100k.

BMW - same as above.

the Hyundai and Kia just don't have the head-turning factor.

Tesla MY or MX seems to be as harsh as the Mach E. i haven't driven either so don't know in person, but that's what i have read in various forums.

so, Mach E it was. it is the best range SUV out there, close to MY or maybe better.

like i said, i love the car despite the ride comfort which is noticeable only when i think about it.

most times i am not even aware of it since i have gotten used to it. in the Reddit MachE forum someone posted that the ride smooths out after 6k miles. I don't know.

i have stopped getting bothered by it.

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
I think part of the ride issue is down to a combination of the weight of the car (over 2 ton) and the high pressure required in the tyres. I was recently going to have a car full of passengers, so pumped up the tyres to the recommended amount, and compared to the tyre pressures for one occupant, the ride felt much harder.

rodbin

First Name
rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache Jaguar Triumph Mini
Occupation
Coffee
Country flag
What is the best pressure for an sr awd?
Not sure I am having Snow tyres fitted next week will be interesting to see how Mach E rides on them
Sponsored