stroszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 92x
Country flag
Really does look like a game controller, like something you'd buy at Best Buy after resigning yourself to the cheap steering wheel with only two controls on it.
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Really does look like a game controller, like something you'd buy at Best Buy after resigning yourself to the cheap steering wheel with only two controls on it.
hmm which would you be able to get first if ordered today, a Mach-E or an Xbox Elite Controller 2?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ultimate Mach-E Overview and Video by Unbox Therapy 1607914340178

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
As much as I'd like to make fun of the Tesla steering wheel knobs, I think "context-sensitive" controls like that do have great utility when it comes to simplifying... And keep in mind, Darren Palmer did hint that the physical volume knob on the Mach-e would similarly end up with multiple context-dependent uses down the line after an OTA update.

Meaning, it could potentially be more than just a volume knob, depending on what screen you were currently viewing.

Blinkin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 FoST
Country flag
As much as I'd like to make fun of the Tesla steering wheel knobs, I think "context-sensitive" controls like that do have great utility when it comes to simplifying... And keep in mind, Darren Palmer did hint that the physical volume knob on the Mach-e would similarly end up with multiple context-dependent uses down the line after an OTA update.

Meaning, it could potentially be more than just a volume knob, depending on what screen you were currently viewing.
That's fine for infortainment controls but I think steering wheel controls should be 100% hard coded to their functions regardless of context. Those are for driving functions and they should be exclusive to that critical role.

Same reason I feel so strongly about the MME's cluster screen. Driving and infotainment activities should be separated to allow the driver to focus exclusively on driving when needed.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
The Metric System is in use in every nation except the U.S. and few older British colonies that use the Imperial System. Even the United Kingdom is converting to Metric. I hope Congess decides to convert soon enough and we will eliminate the last vestige of our Colonial status that we had 244 years ago.
I won't take this too deep into politics, but reviewing the results of the last major election, and the general populace here having a total distrust of science, I do not expect to see that in my lifetime. Someone will portray it as a plot to subvert our nation.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
I won't take this too deep into politics, but reviewing the results of the last major election, and the general populace here having a total distrust of science, I do not expect to see that in my lifetime. Someone will portray it as a plot to subvert our nation.
It will take couple generations to align to the metric system. Trade schools still use both systems in their curriculums. In my profession as an Aircraft Mechanic, I keep a simple metric tool set. Airbus aircraft are mostly metric. Boeing is mostly imperial. LockheedMartin is mostly imperial. Ford, GM, FC vehicles in NA is imperial with some metric combined. Walk to any hardware store and you see both set of tools. People are comfortable the way it is. Change is disruptive and uncomfortable. Yes....some will think that it is some Globalist idea of subverting our nation to some global standard other than ours. Tradesmen who use tools get it and they can adjust. Others may think that is another pizza parlor conspiracy. To me is no different. I use them both to accomplish my trade.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Saw this in my FB feed. About sums it up:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ultimate Mach-E Overview and Video by Unbox Therapy 129642823_10218215811649615_9183987643392156672_n

Blinkin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 FoST
Country flag
It will take couple generations to align to the metric system. Trade schools still use both systems in their curriculums. In my profession as an Aircraft Mechanic, I keep a simple metric tool set. Airbus aircraft are mostly metric. Boeing is mostly imperial. LockheedMartin is mostly imperial. Ford, GM, FC vehicles in NA is imperial with some metric combined. Walk to any hardware store and you see both set of tools. People are comfortable the way it is. Change is disruptive and uncomfortable. Yes....some will think that it is some Globalist idea of subverting our nation to some global standard other than ours. Tradesmen who use tools get it and they can adjust. Others may think that is another pizza parlor conspiracy. To me is no different. I use them both to accomplish my trade.
With modern computing tech it's easy, free, and instant to convert measurements from metric to imperial and back. I think there's almost no need to even have the debate anymore. If you prefer Celsius or Fahrenheit, or Kilometers or Miles, you just hit an options setting on whatever app or website you're using and the conversion happens instantly.

Given the ease of conversion, everyone can realistically use the standard they're comfortable with at no real cost.

MarcelK

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Now: Mazda CX5. Ordered: Mach E RWD Shadow Black with TP
Occupation
senior consultant
Country flag
A very nice review, what I really like is the cool introduction up to the moment the pony on the trunk comes in.
Compliments! ?

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
We love our 'miles' here. If that's the metric unit you're referring to?

In the first post it mentions features not previously seen? Any examples?

Also, some controls like heating, am I reading this right? You have to access that via the tablet only? And not via the usual way, buttons or stalks?

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Could this be the Mach-E key fob? If so, too bad it doesn't have the mustang emblem instead.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ultimate Mach-E Overview and Video by Unbox Therapy 1607962971250

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
With modern computing tech it's easy, free, and instant to convert measurements from metric to imperial and back. I think there's almost no need to even have the debate anymore. If you prefer Celsius or Fahrenheit, or Kilometers or Miles, you just hit an options setting on whatever app or website you're using and the conversion happens instantly.

Given the ease of conversion, everyone can realistically use the standard they're comfortable with at no real cost.
Unless you're designing a probe to go to mars....

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
JHalkias.....Greek name.? Am I correct.?
Sponsored