EGmachE

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE CR1
Country flag
This morning I received a changing fault error. Job 1.5 2021 Route 1. We had high winds that knocked out power. I was using the ford charger plugged into a standard outlet.

The app said to unplug and replug. I did this and the charging circle is now red.

I went to run some errands and got the service vehicle soon wrench shortly afterwards I got the reduced power notification in the app.

I did not receive the stop vehicle now notification and was able to make it home.

I am planning on dropping it off at the dealer tommorow. Is there anything I should be doing in the mean time? I'm worried I'm going to be without a car for awhile.

IMG_20230108_125916.jpg
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
First, see if your charger has the blue light on. You may need to reset that circuit.

Now, see if the car has no lights showing (since you have parked it for a while). Attempt to plug it in and see what happens.

OP
OP

EGmachE

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE CR1
Country flag
I ended up disconnecting the 12v and let it sit for awhile. That unfucked it. The wrench is gone and I am able to charge again Going to take it to dealer tomorrow.

River Rat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach Ex Iced Bue, 23 Lightning Ext SW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I ended up disconnecting the 12v and let it sit for awhile. That unfucked it. The wrench is gone and I am able to charge again Going to take it to dealer tomorrow.
Take the charger with you.

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
What?
The charger is in the vehicle.
Dealership will do nothing with the EVSE, if that is what you mean.
The Ford supply equipment may very well be the problem. (I tried to use mine once, it immediately tripped the breaker. The same breaker I have used, and continue to use, for many years with no problems using other supply equipment.)
Trouble shoot first: Try another supply equipment (Level 1 and EVSE level 2) device.

OP
OP

EGmachE

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE CR1
Country flag
What?
The charger is in the vehicle.
Dealership will do nothing with the EVSE, if that is what you mean.
The Ford supply equipment may very well be the problem. (I tried to use mine once, it immediately tripped the breaker. The same breaker I have used, and continue to use, for many years with no problems using other supply equipment.)
Trouble shoot first: Try another supply equipment (Level 1 and EVSE level 2) device.
Everything seems to be fine now. I'm taking it in as a precaution. I'm more worried about the reduced power notification.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Everything seems to be fine now. I'm taking it in as a precaution. I'm more worried about the reduced power notification.
Good luck with that. Sounds like a waste of time since they can’t reproduce it, they’ll just shrug and send you on your way.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Read the codes with a OBDII scanner and share what you find. Or check FordPass and see what it says about the error there. If you have the HVBJB issue, the message in FordPass will make it clear.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Good morning! If you can send over a private message with your VIN and dealership info, I'd be happy to look into things on my end.

desiato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
This just happened to me this morning. Plugged in our charger last night and it charged for about 5 hours and then stopped according to the logs and messaging on FordPass. Tried unplugging and replugging and got the red circle of charging lights. Getting in the car, the "Service Vehicle Soon" message was on the dash. Can I give someone my VIN to check for diagnostic codes to see if this is the HVBJB issue? I imagine I'll get no info from a dealer until tomorrow at the earliest.

jeffvick2005

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 TSX, 2017 Civic, MACHE GT grabber blue
Occupation
CPA
Country flag
This just happened to me this morning. Plugged in our charger last night and it charged for about 5 hours and then stopped according to the logs and messaging on FordPass. Tried unplugging and replugging and got the red circle of charging lights. Getting in the car, the "Service Vehicle Soon" message was on the dash. Can I give someone my VIN to check for diagnostic codes to see if this is the HVBJB issue? I imagine I'll get no info from a dealer until tomorrow at the earliest.
I had the exact same thing just happen. What was your resolution? I'm hoping it will go away, and I don't show anything in Fordpass (yet).

desiato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
I had the exact same thing just happen. What was your resolution? I'm hoping it will go away, and I don't show anything in Fordpass (yet).
They updated my OBCC module. Not sure to what version.

Screenshot_20230216-121311.png
Sponsored