Unable to charge normally after the last update

Snowbolster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx 350
Country flag
Hi,
I know that the update wiped all previous settings but even after I set them all back the car is unable to charge through the night.

For the last 4 days I've been connecting it at around 10 pm every day just to find our in the morning that it charged for 10 to 25 percent and stopped. Then, once I open the ford pass app it starts magically charging again in the morning.

Anyone else with same problem? It's super annoying.
Sponsored

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I do not have the update but have you tried reinstalling Ford Pass? Seems like there may be some conflicting control of the charging. Just a guess though.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hi,
I know that the update wiped all previous settings but even after I set them all back the car is unable to charge through the night.

For the last 4 days I've been connecting it at around 10 pm every day just to find our in the morning that it charged for 10 to 25 percent and stopped. Then, once I open the ford pass app it starts magically charging again in the morning.

Anyone else with same problem? It's super annoying.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP
Snowbolster

Snowbolster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx 350
Country flag
I do not have the update but have you tried reinstalling Ford Pass? Seems like there may be some conflicting control of the charging. Just a guess though.
Tried that and even manually set up The hours, it's been charging for over 7 hours and only got 27 percent. Before I would go from 30 percent to 100 in like 6 hours at 6 kwh

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
It's probably your charger if you're using the included one:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/ford-mobile-charger-is-not-meant-for-daily-use.18408/

You probably want to upgrade to a better-made charger like a ChargePoint or JuiceBox.

New software draws more amps so it makes it overheat faster. When it overheats it stops charging for a few minutes unit it resets. Before you SOBDM had probably dropped down to 28A and now it's charging at 32A and triggering overheats.

OP
OP
Snowbolster

Snowbolster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx 350
Country flag
It's probably your charger if you're using the included one:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/ford-mobile-charger-is-not-meant-for-daily-use.18408/

You probably want to upgrade to a better-made charger like a ChargePoint or JuiceBox.

New software draws more amps so it makes it overheat faster. When it overheats it stops charging for a few minutes unit it resets. Before you SOBDM had probably dropped down to 28A and now it's charging at 32A and triggering overheats.
My charger is actually a 40 Amp one and was doing just fine, but it's interesting that you raise the overheating issue, since the car did gave me couple of error messages about 2 hours in charging without saying what exactly was wrong, just external problem caused charging fail.

Hmm, I wonder if that is something ford will fix in next software update cause I don't want to spend another $500 USD on a new charger

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
My charger is actually a 40 Amp one and was doing just fine, but it's interesting that you raise the overheating issue, since the car did gave me couple of error messages about 2 hours in charging without saying what exactly was wrong, just external problem caused charging fail.

Hmm, I wonder if that is something ford will fix in next software update cause I don't want to spend another $500 USD on a new charger
Let it charge for an hour @40A, then go around and feel everything from the wall plug, to the cords, to the J1772 connector. Unplug it and feel the end. If anything is especially hot you have an issue.
Sponsored